How to choose the right sensitivity for YOU!

HotSauceZee
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hey Battlefield forums! Recently I was pretty dissatisfied with my performance in game so I decided to do a deep dive into my sensitivity and FOV to make sure they were right for me. After I went through the process in this video my rounds began going noticeably better. I created this to hopefully give some other battlefielders an aha moment in their own gameplay!

Comments

• sabersun
    134 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very interesting. Thank you for sharing
  • HotSauceZee
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Not a problem! Thank you for giving it a watch Sabersun and I'm glad you found it interesting!
  • sabersun
    Would also be good if someone can confirm the default values.

I am not a good player and need all the help I can get. The one thing I am good at is to revive people. Need to polish my gunplay.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This effects vehicles too on PC. It's the keystone to why I tank so much. The difference in sensitivity not only effects a tanks aim, but how they move. I've played on max to min sensitivity and the difference in control is astounding.  
  • sabersun
    I watched another video here:

He is basically saying the opposite? :-)
    I think it seems though that FOV is connected to Sensitivity? Maybe it is valid to say High FOV with High Sens and Low FOV with Low Sense?
  • HotSauceZee
    It's funny you link SMK's video. It's a great one and certainly a great setup that's worthy of trying. I have seen his setup and actually even adjusted all my settings to try things his way before I made my own like you see on the original post. My video is more about finding your natural baseline of where you're at right now with sensitivity. SMK's settings are fantastic if you can already manage a high sensitivity. If you're like me and you do my video's process and find you need to be somewhere lower, then setting your soldier zoom aim to 200% is going to be a disaster. That's not to say you can never play that way though. If you work, week by week and practice increasing sensitivity I believe it would be possible that way to slowly master the more touchy controls. At that point using SMK's setup may be more ideal.
  • HotSauceZee
    With regards to FOV, it does not actually change your sensitivity. It changes the perception of your sensitivity. With a wider field of view, you're right, higher sensitivities will feel more manageable than with a lower FOV. Why? Because with the wide FOV you're able to fit more onto the screen and the movement doesn't feel as tunnel visioned and jarring. If you stood up right now and just spun in a circle quickly it might be a little dizzying. But if you cupped your hands over your eyes and then did the same thing it's going to seem like the room is moving much faster and will feel more disorienting. This is a bit of a rough example but the principles are similar. FOV is hard to recommend because it is so subjective to each user.
  • sabersun
    I will go to the range and play around a little. My KD is not moving up and is stuck below average. Mostly it is due to my reaction time being too slow and that I just cannot see the opponent. But who know maybe I can tweak a little by adjusting my values so I win more if the direct gun fights.