Signatures Character Length Validation Broken

WetFishDB
2239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2019
It seems as though the use of formatting code is now included in the signature character length (but wasn’t before), which means I can’t actually update my signature as it’s considered nearly 300 characters over the limit (due to the inclusion of URL’s behind the labels).  I’m not sure how to escalate to whoever manages the forum.  Is this a known bug that will be fixed, or a depreciation of a feature that people just have to deal with?

Comments

• WetFishDB
    2239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know who to escalate to? 
  • Hawxxeye
    6897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here
    My signature was made up of useful links some of which are now outdated and I cannot update them
  • WetFishDB
    Hawxxeye said:
    Same here
    My signature was made up of useful links some of which are now outdated and I cannot update them
    Yeah, I wonder if mods could escalate it.  I don't know how to raise it other than tag them, maybe @StarscreamUK - feel bad, apologies buddy.  No idea if anyone is even aware.

• StarscreamUK
    7442 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    We cant change anything in signatures anymore, that has been removed to comply with EU regulations. (We cant access anything account orientated)

It's even applied to us, I tried changing the image in my sig.... to be told I wasnt allowed to use images lol
  • Hawxxeye
    6897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    We cant change anything in signatures anymore, that has been removed to comply with EU regulations. (We cant access anything account orientated)

It's even applied to us, I tried changing the image in my sig.... to be told I wasnt allowed to use images lol
    So the only way out is to give up on the old signature?
    Who are the ones calling the shots about those 200 character limits. I bet that at least the part about the  200 characters limit is not mandated by some EU regulation
  • WetFishDB
    Might be easier to drop signature and just post some copy and pasted code in each post. It’s silly to have to do it that way, but without them fixing it so that limit is higher (or smarter to ignore hidden URL’s etc) there’s little else that can be done.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 26
    WetFishDB said:
    Might be easier to drop signature and just post some copy and pasted code in each post. It’s silly to have to do it that way, but without them fixing it so that limit is higher (or smarter to ignore hidden URL’s etc) there’s little else that can be done.
    I just thought of sort of a solution to this problem. Maybe we should use thorse URL shorteners to make the links take less characters.
    If that is not enough for me I will make a single shortened URL that will link to a place like pastebin where I it will have  a list of the other useful URLs
    I think there is something extra broken in the signatures part. It says up to 240 characters but it wont fit the much smaller
    [url="https://sym.gg/"]Symthic BFV weapon stats ![/url] |||[url=" https://tinyurl.com/Vsheet"] BFV vehicle data[/url]|

only the pastebin method works
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on