Anyone else noticed...

Mishkin37
774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2019
...that there are some REALLY good players in the lobbies lately?

Maybe it’s because the player base is lower and only the hardcores are left, but I’ve been matched up against some absolute murderers!

There was a pilot in Conquest last night, who I was convinced was hunting me. Bombs, strafe runs, it didn’t matter; he/she had my number.

A quick Battletracker search showed that he/she was #40 in the world with the Spitfire. I almost felt honored to be his/her punching bag.

Comments

• 2003cobravert
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At the same time, I’ve also noticed that after being absent from the game for a year, I see people still haven’t learned how to play conquest. I seriously thought that with all the new games out we would have been left with only the smart players.
  • sabersun
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Maybe it’s because the player base is lower and only the hardcores are left, but I’ve been matched up against some absolute murderers!

There was a pilot in Conquest last night, who I was convinced was hunting me. Bombs, strafe runs, it didn’t matter; he/she had my number.

A quick Battletracker search showed that he/she was #40 in the world with the Spitfire. I almost felt honored to be his/her punching bag.

I guess in the future I rather walk with a good distance between us so he doesn't get me too all the time. :-)
  • EvilNukster
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed but I think players like that put the average player off, who wants to spend all their time playing when their constantly being mowed down by someone whose got the time to get good and are like rank 150, need matches that are based on skill levels, new players aren't getting chance to develop because slot of players are already way way more advanced
  • EvilNukster
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *alot
  • Mishkin37
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed but I think players like that put the average player off, who wants to spend all their time playing when their constantly being mowed down by someone whose got the time to get good and are like rank 150, need matches that are based on skill levels, new players aren't getting chance to develop because slot of players are already way way more advanced

I agree that matchmaking should be based upon skill, but I wonder how hard it is to match that way.

I’m just going to toss some hypotheticals out.
    - Let’s say you have 10,000 players in the NA East Region.
    - at peak hours, maybe 8,000 of those are online
    - 5,000 of those are playing Conquest
    - 4,000 of those searched for a game via Quick Match
    - 500 of those are approx the same skill
    - 250 of those are playing with friends in a party of approx the same skill
    - 100 of those stick around for multiple games instead of playing a different game, quitting for the night, going out for drinks, watching a movie, getting disconnected, etc.

My numbers are totally arbitrary, and you can extrapolate them any way you want, but my theory is that when you follow the flow chart down, the big player base gets small pretty quickly.

Maybe that’s why skill-based matchmaking doesn’t always work out perfectly.
  • Mishkin37
    sabersun wrote: »
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

I guess in the future I rather walk with a good distance between us so he doesn't get me too all the time. :-)

Yes! Stay far away from me if you’re my squadmate. You’ll live much longer! Ha!

• MACCA666MC
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The thing I've notice most is the amount of players that don't PTFO , they play conquest like it's team death match.
  • Mishkin37
    MACCA666MC wrote: »
    The thing I've notice most is the amount of players that don't PTFO , they play conquest like it's team death match.

I’ve noticed the enemy team PTFO like their own lives depend on it. I’ve played against some really good and really bad teams in the last 2 months.

The common denominator is that either 1 or both teams are capping like crazy.

• SixTouge
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I notice the same thing every so often. I always wonder if it's just chance, or I've found myself in a new skill bracket (but does it match make like that?). I kind of enjoy facing off against some of these beast players, once I realize just how good they are, it becomes a fun under dog challenge for me. That said, it can also get old fast, especially if your whole team is severely out matched.

Another definite commonality I've seen when the opposing team is running my side over, there's never less than 3 attackers at a time. And when I'm finally overwhelmed, I watch the medic revive everyone I did manage to take down from my death cam.
  • Mishkin37
    SixTouge wrote: »
    I notice the same thing every so often. I always wonder if it's just chance, or I've found myself in a new skill bracket (but does it match make like that?). I kind of enjoy facing off against some of these beast players, once I realize just how good they are, it becomes a fun under dog challenge for me. That said, it can also get old fast, especially if your whole team is severely out matched.

Another definite commonality I've seen when the opposing team is running my side over, there's never less than 3 attackers at a time. And when I'm finally overwhelmed, I watch the medic revive everyone I did manage to take down from my death cam.

Agreed. When I’m 0-6 to some freak of nature, getting just 1 retaliatory kill almost makes up for it.

Plus seeing these players 1v1, blows all of those “cheating/hacking” conspiracies out of the water. They’re just that good. I played against a Level 243 the other night. Do that math. And remind him to empty his bucket.
  • fs2097
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 said:
    MACCA666MC wrote: »

I’ve noticed the enemy team PTFO like their own lives depend on it. I’ve played against some really good and really bad teams in the last 2 months.

The common denominator is that either 1 or both teams are capping like crazy.

If your team plays aggressive they usually will win. The only thing that annoys me are the ammo guys who don't hand out ammo, medics who don't revive, tank guys who go in action straight away and get blown up within a couple seconds while a tank should keep a little bit of distance of where the action is so he can support his teammates. 
  • UKCarbine
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really think an Intersquad comms would be great, as in SQUAD on pc. The ability to coordinate with other squads would allow for a better spread of firepower. Although a lot of people don't seem to use in game comms. Reintroducing The commander role would be awesome.
  • SixTouge
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    UKCarbine wrote: »
    I really think an Intersquad comms would be great, as in SQUAD on pc. The ability to coordinate with other squads would allow for a better spread of firepower. Although a lot of people don't seem to use in game comms. Reintroducing The commander role would be awesome.

Headsets are almost never used anymore on console in my experience, unless you're on with a group of friends. I do think that when other squads mark an objective to attack, it should show up on everyone's HUD, but that could be potentially very cluttered. Otherwise, I don't feel like opening up comms to everyone would really make a noticeable difference.