Flares are killing the game

13»

Comments

• TyroneLoyd
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shoot it.
  • VRtroper
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Escribe tu [email protected] really the only thing that he hears is the children crying because they want (flares, more ammunition, long-range sights, NERF-type colored weapons)

In the end @DICE does not care if the product is good or not, you really want to sell and for that you have to make the children happy.

I have always said that this is not a ww2 game, it is only set and sometimes it does not reach that according to the map.

Remaster 1942 battlefield if you want to have a happy community again.
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not crying here I’m just hoping something gets done because I have never known any Battlefield to be so flare rich.

It’s not a case of ‘shoot them down’ or ‘want an easier life’. I do shoot them down when I see them and I’m not a camper.

It’s not the way Battlefield is meant to played, bringing all this radar activity it’s delivering a run and gun team deathmatch type of game. The major effectiveness of the flares is killing certain aspects of the game.

Flanking becoming near on impossible, I used to love trying to flank right around undetected and becoming a spawn point for squad mates when the enemy has dug its heels in and you really have to use your noggin.

Tactical game has taken a hit, moving through the bushes and see a squad moving, duck down for cover and remain undetected awaiting the right moment to ambush. But most squads just bang a flare up in uncharted territory and the games up.

Even moments where your repairing your squad mates tank behind him, hiding and make sure the repairs keeps going. With a flare they know instantly someone is behind repairing and all gun to take you out.

This isn’t about ‘oh it’s not fair’ ‘ can’t camp’ - It literally changes great aspects of the game.

• normzzzzzy
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    For example compare how many views and replies a REEEEEE thread gets compared to a longer and more carefully written topic .

The sounds of “REEEEEE” are usually a lot more louder than anything else on these forums.

• spateri1
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want the beacon, give the recon class something else like dynamite or mines. I have to have flares so I shamefully use them. Well that and it spots the camping grubs out.
  • Hawxxeye
    6711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)
    For example compare how many views and replies a REEEEEE thread gets compared to a longer and more carefully written topic .

The sounds of “REEEEEE” are usually a lot more louder than anything else on these forums.

As Randy Marsh said, one has to be over the top in this era to be taken seriously. It saddens me cause I rather civilized discussion.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • larry_54235
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Why would anyone do that? Going to forums to make another REEEEEE thread is easier.

How do you shoot them down when fighting inside a cave in Iwo Jima, for example?

I'd be fine with the flares if they'd only reveal enemies not under cover as in inside a building or a cave. I do always shoot them down, but it's frustrating when you simply can't do that, whereby, there's no counter to the flare if you can't get away from the spotting radius.

I've been killed numerous times while trying to shoot down a flare just to see the bullets go through the flare's hitbox.

And I wish Dice could limit their use in squad conquest separate from some of the other modes...
    I don't think your entire team is the cave at one time. I think situational  awareness should be used. If a large cluster of enemies are in one spot the flare is a good tool.  I myself  use the flare to see if the ratio of  hostiles are worth the trouble of capturing an objective.
  • Hawxxeye
    6711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Loqtrall said:

Flares don't really change aspects of the game compared to the past at all. We've essentially had these spotting tools in these games for a decade now, and have had minimap spotting in some form well before that.

What has changed with BFV compared to other frostbite titles is that DICE turned the Hardcore community into refuges who were forced out of their land and into the Normal/Core country. Now they are trying to normalize their Hardcore server values (that DICE already semi-implemented in BFV) on the rest of us so they can feel at home...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a bug yesterday first time back from not playing since last week's TOW.  I was stuck with flare gun and couldn't reload it or switch to rifle or pistol or gadget.  It was on Rotterdam for XBOX1 conquest.  I just ran into I think C flag and died.
  • spartanx169x
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you don't want to be seen in a battlefield game,  then maybe , just maybe, you are playing the wrong game. Ghost Recon is the game you are looking for.   As others have noted spotting by various devices have been in the series for a long time now.  But I will also say that its  a disservice not to have a Hardcore gametype for players that don't want to be seen.  But it appears that is way down on the list of priorities currently. 
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting gadgets have been in every battlefield for as far back as I can remember. So have these complaint threads about how they're overpowered.

In the older games in the series, wasn't the work-around for being spotted crouching and moving slow? Is that not an option now? I honestly don't know, as I just returned to the game after a long hiatus, and a lot has changed.
  • VRtroper
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 said:
    Spotting gadgets have been in every battlefield for as far back as I can remember. So have these complaint threads about how they're overpowered.

In the older games in the series, wasn't the work-around for being spotted crouching and moving slow? Is that not an option now? I honestly don't know, as I just returned to the game after a long hiatus, and a lot has changed.
    BF1942 NO 
  • normzzzzzy
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)
    As Randy Marsh said, one has to be over the top in this era to be taken seriously. It saddens me cause I rather civilized discussion.

Amen!

*proceeds to put sack in the microwave in order to get noticed*

“Chicks love um”