AP Mine

bsafawi1974
27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
BFV AP Mine ( Anti Personal Mine ) is no effective and useless Hope u can do something about that in next update

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're nerfing it in the next udpate.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AP mine is something that shouldn't exist in a video game.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just take it out of the game for god sakes. There is no point in having it in the game anymore.
  • VincentNZ
    3499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see the frustration, but this could have been addressed in multiple other ways. Like why did 3/4 classes have them as gadgets? That is why the issue has arisen in the first place. If it was Medic or Recon only you would have never seen them.
    DICE will never take something away from any class though, so they felt the need to nerf them. I do agree with Trokey though that it takes a certain layer away from the game the way they are now and what they will be.
    Generally the use of gadgets is fundamentally discouraged, which should not be the case.
  • CSO7777
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Before the nerf it was getting totally out of hand. People just dumped them everywhere, because they got free kills. And all supply-stations had AP-mines somewhere. The players "abused" them and Dice reacted, plain and simple. But Dice should have seen it coming, the exact same story happened in BF1 (where only recons had them), they got nerfed after many player complaints.

The game-flow becomes stupid if you have to look for mines everywhere you go. BFV is not a tactical shooter on a small/slow scale, its about "big" maps and often covering a lot of ground between objectives.

It's really one of the questionable game-mechanics, it's cheap deaths/kills and that just make the game less fun in the end.
  • NuttysKunKs
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How many times do you actually die from mines?

They use to be everywhere an OP 1 hit kill? Wtf was that all about.. could place 3 as well xD

Nerfing then more isn’t really need ime.
  • bsafawi1974
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the record AP Mine one of the deadly elements in defensive operations
    That,"s why they are exist to make sure underground troop don't move fast when they are operating
  • bsafawi1974
    Folks just remember u are operating in battlefield V not in the Disneyland lol
  • spartanx169x
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I respectfully disagree.  Scouts have the tripmines in BF1 and work fine and only kill people that don't want to slow down.  It is my opinion they(the now AP mine) have been a bigger issue in BFV due to poor visibility and horrible maps that can completely cover them out of site making them impossible to avoid or counter such as the wheat field  in Arras and the tall grass/bush areas of  Twisted Steel.   If the maps were disigned properly APmines would work but still limit(slowdown) or  funnel players. Also Claymores are in BF4 and while irritating to die from not much of an issue. Also this is just my opinion all the while playing Conquest. 
  • ragnarok013
    3442 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    .  It is my opinion they(the now AP mine) have been a bigger issue in BFV due to poor visibility and horrible maps that can completely cover them out of site making them impossible to avoid or counter such as the wheat field  in Arras and the tall grass/bush areas of  Twisted Steel.  
    spartanx169x I'm a fan of AP mines but I have to respectfully disagree on the visibility point. I rarely died to AP mines even when they were strong. Why is that? I used my eyes and looked where they were most likely placed - by ammo\health stations, doorways, and major avenues of approach. When I did die from them they were either placed randomly in a field and I wasn't looking for them since I didn't expect them in that area or I rushed in and didn't look as I normally do which is totally 100% my fault. AP mines are not even difficult to spot the vast majority of the time. I still can't believe the BF5 player base is killed by AP mines that often before or after DICE's heavy nerfing unless they just run in blind, die, and repeat without learning a thing.

• bsafawi1974
    I make it simple for u
    Stay in friendly line
    Or when u running operations behind enemy line accept the possibility to face Anti personal Mine AP
  • DingoKillr
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope the AP mines with lines can still easily see friendly without having to directly look at.
  • bsafawi1974
    [email protected] U can see it for sure but most of the times it's to late
  • DingoKillr
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, that new blast radius is a lot bigger then I thought it would.