Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• RipGroove99
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hang on, I've found some :-)
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    (Quote)
    if you need that much help seeing other players even through brush, smoke, obstacles you must not be that good or prefer arcade style instead. Flares did enough to reveal players without this "see everybody everywhere" crap.

Did you ever think maybe that seeing through smoke might be a bug or was never intended to be that way. I played 6 Hours last night and I don't remember seeing people pop up all the time like people are claiming here. Only when you're looking at someone anyway and see them will they show up which is the entire reason this exists.

I love it for one reason. I can see who is hurt and not hurt. Fighting multiple people I can strategically take them out based off the health bar.

I've been accused of Exaggerating and I'm seeing lots of Exaggerating for this change. If you're close enough to see the Spotting and a health bar then you're obviously already in a fight with the enemy so who cares.

There's no exaggerating, I've posted video evidence of it happening. Do we really need to record and post every single instance of it in one match to prove that it happens all over the place?

I've personally seen this change spot people through solid cover, through smoke, through water when they're diving, and in places I couldn't actually see them because over half their body was hidden.

Those are not exaggerations. This mechanic definitely does not only trigger when the devs supposedly intended it to. It triggers on people who are obstructed and in many cases completely out of sight.

I agree 100%. The way it's through smoke and buildings needs fixed definitely. I wasn't calling that an exaggeration I'm calling the fact people are claiming everyone is spotted no matter what a exaggeration. Like everywhere you're spotted which simply isn't the case.
  • MediummanIngel
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What the Hell with the New TTK? I want the old Back!!!!!
  • Pro_b0
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I gave the update a fair shake, coming from a point of view where I would like to see a higher TTK. After three hours my verdict is: it's no fun. This weapon balance pretty much feels like bringing Battlefield 1 over to BFV. Loads of guns just feel completely useless outside of their very narrow area of application. It just feels wrong to have a MMG only do 13 (?) Damage at range. The balancing that you claim to have done is just not cutting it. While I disliked the BF1 Damage model and gun mechanics, at least they had a clear vision and everything fit together. BFV was designed for hardcore-lite gameplay and attrition. With those features gone, the rest doesn't make sense. Bringing over the BF1 kill cues feels wrong and out of place. The building animations that are just sped up, look terrible. All these changes feel like they are poorly planned and executed. As though you had 2 Weeks and no testing to come up with a complete overhaul of the core gameplay of this game. 

• _Tanzwurm_22
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    i fell bad with the new Spotting system.. shooting on Icons is back. never saw the enemy in the dust or smoke. just the icon, shooting, kill... thats soo booring and a big backstep. At the moment im out and waiting for a change or privat server with the option to play without the automatic spotting.

To bad for the good pacific content
  • SIy_Badger
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I must say I was looking forward to this change, as it is shock to start BF V and be obliterated for weeks. However, with new patch, I feel I still die as much but do not kill as I used to :) I will have my full opinion after 2-3 weeks, but generally, I think it has gone a little bit too far. You need to pack half of the clip into enemy to get a kill. Even with good weapons it is max 2 kills with one magazine and death afterwards, reloading...  On the other hand, those sick sniper rifles still kill at range with same effectiveness. I can also see how people start exploiting certain guns (Madsen) etc.

In any case - nothing can be done to fix this game for good. Visibility of ragdolls is horror, that's it, no change to TTK or TTD will change the fact that this game is a step back from previous releases.
  • GunSlingerAU
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love it, and I've played shooters since quake, and BF when it was codename eagle. The new gunfights are so much more enjoyable than the lazer beams of the past. The big battles are much more epic as we now have larger groups of people alive, not just those who know the best hiding spots and most OP weapons. The gunplay is brilliant now, much more to and fro. And most of the weapons are now being used, instead of 6 or so. Sure there are few issues - stuttering, some weapons being nerfed too much, etc, but overall this patch makes it much more enjoyable, not a game where only the most elite players win.
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    My friend list on PS 4 tells something. Guys who I usually play BFV with are now playing BF4 and modern warfare. Good show. 
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ok with the gun changes.  Game seemed to be getting a bit stale and this switches things up a bit.
  • Jokr_Pittbull
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I liked the old gameplay but honestly the new gameplay is perfect. I’m glad it requires sustained accurate shots to kill, rewarding skilled accuracy.
  • DiodaXD
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    My honest opinion about the current state of the game

I was thinking a lot about writing this at all but I decided to do it.
    First of all I don't think it's easy to develop and support a video game these days, trying to find a balance between your own vision and the expectations of your player base and I do not intend to offend the developers. What I write is just my opinion and my experience. 

I could talk about a lot of great things that come into Battlefield V or already implemented, but I think one of the most important aspects of an FPS game is gunplay, gun behavior, and how you feel about it while you play.

When Battlefield 1 was released in 2016 I bought it right away. I was fascinated by its new ww1 atmosphere, the graphics were stunning, huge battles across different maps, destructive environment all over the place. I played it together with my friends. But something was wrong. Actually i didn't like gunplay at all. So after a few months of playing less and less, I realized this weapon behavior and TTK is really bad and feels too casual or something like that. I don't really know. It just felt not really good. But I wasn't disappointed or sad or nervous at all. You know why? 

AND HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT THING: 

I knew what I was buying, it was like this from the start, there were no radical changes in the meantime. I accepted that this was the developers' vision of gunpaly and it wasn't really that bad just not exactly what I expect from a gunplay in an FPS game or in a battlefield game. The quality was fine, but it isn't suited for those of you looking for an immersive gunplay experience.

Then in 2018 the battlefield V beta test came. When I played the BFV beta, and got a feel for the new faster TTK, powerful guns, limited resources and attrition, I was super excited. It was finally the kind of gunplay in battlefield I've always wanted. And later with some changes the weapon balance honestly have reached a great spot. I really enjoyed the game, really enjoyed it. I liked to use different weapons, and I was getting killed by different weapons. Most weapons were satisfying, and fun. I felt the use of weapons was much more immersive than ever. 

Then came the 5.2 update and everything has been changed. If this is a weapon balance, (which was not needed) then why flatten the range and power almost all of the weapons? Why give players almost no chance to fight back if they are trying to capture a single point while the enemy is trying to attack from medium or far distance. This constantly results in situations where players lost the engagement before it started because they walked 20 meters back and their weapon is no longer effective and needs 7-8-9 or even more bullets to kill. It works like a pea-shooter. 

I know it's just a game and I know it was not meant to be a war simulator, it doesn't have to be completely realistic BUT.. but a war game is based on real weapons.. gunpaly should represent this or something like that. Body shots and headshots should feel deadly, even if the projectiles reach a relatively long distance from an SMG. And anyway: 
    "when you die at 100m from an SMG it feels wrong and it’s frustrating." - No it is not. It's like being shot with a GUN. 100m is not that long distance... especially if you get a headshot or you didn't have max hp.

The other thing.. This "passive spotting" thing or whatever you call it, icons above players when you are close to them. It is terrible. I don't think there was any need for it, it ruins the immersion in this second world war game. It should be removed. And the new kill sould effect or what it is should be removed too. Which resembles the one in Battlefield 1. Should replace it with the original or there should be an option to switch it back or turn it off. 
    And this is a lot of ammunition now .. it's too much.. This is completely ruins the limited resources and attrition system which I think was very good. Maybe a little more ammunition is acceptable, but this amount is ridiculous.

Here are some interesting facts about the effective range of some weapons: (according to wikipedia)
    Sten - Effective firing range: 100m
    MP40 - Effective range: 100m
    Stg 44 - Effective firing range: 300m
    FG 42 - Effective firing range: 600m
    Gewehr 43 - Effective firing range: 500m, 800m with scope

I am not saying that this data is certainly accurate! I AM NOT SAYING IT SHOULD BE EXACTLY LIKE THAT IN THE GAME! But the effective range of the weapons is ridiculous in the current update.

But these things are not what really bother me. 

I bought the game because I liked what I saw in the beta test. (actually pre-ordered) I felt I got a promise and a vision about powerful guns, limited resources and attrition what a really liked. I was hoping that the game would get better and better, and that is how it got so far before the 5.2 update. Now I am sad. I was angry and disappointed for the first time after the 5.2 update, but now a few days later, I'm just a little sad. One of the most important things in an FPS game is the gunplay. It doesn't feel the same as it did at the beginning. Gunplay begins to resemble what was in Battlefield 1. If it had been like this from the start, surely I wouldn't have pre-order it right away. 
    I didn't completely regret it or something, and I think the developers have had a lot of work on the game. They deserve people buying Battlefield V. But it's not likely I'll play too much from now on. I tried and will give it an another chance this weekend, but so far I'm not enjoying the new gunplay and the release of wake island won't help either.
    Imagine you buying a product that you really like and you feel that fits your style in every aspect, then your beloved thing suddenly changes to a direction you've never wanted. 
    I feel a little betrayed.

Except for the 5.2 update, I think this is actually a great game, I loved playing it and I think the developers did a great job put it all together. I spent a lot of fun with it.
    If i had a wish for christmas i would like the 5.2 update to be removed. But I'm just one player out of many. If this is the new direction in the game then be it.

Thank you for reading this!

I have the same opinion. The only thing why I bought BFV after BF1 was the superior gunplay experince. Sadly it is a trash now.
  • GunSlingerAU
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    love 5.2 and I've played shooters since quake, and BF when it was codename eagle. The new gunfights are so much more enjoyable than the lazer beams of the past. The big battles are much more epic as we now have larger groups of people alive, not just those who know the best hiding spots and most OP weapons. The gunplay is brilliant now, much more to and fro. And most of the weapons are now being used, instead of 6 or so. Sure there are few issues - stuttering, some weapons being nerfed too much, etc, but overall this patch makes it much more enjoyable, not a game where only the most exploitative players win.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The loadout menu, something that was perfectly clear and functional is now awkward and horrible to use, absolutely no reason to change it.
    Server browser, used to clearly show map rotation with current map, now current map is seperate, fine in most cases, but for the Pacific maps it's now unclear which map you are on, as bizzarly, there are two CQ games for each map.
  • Noodlesocks
    3697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 said:
    The loadout menu, something that was perfectly clear and functional is now awkward and horrible to use, absolutely no reason to change it.
    Server browser, used to clearly show map rotation with current map, now current map is seperate, fine in most cases, but for the Pacific maps it's now unclear which map you are on, as bizzarly, there are two CQ games for each map.

Yeah, all they've done is added more clicks to get where you want to go. Something the UI already suffered heavily from.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    It would seem the Recon sniper rifles are now the OP weapons of the game, more than half the weapons are now pointless. The MMG's are particularly disgusting. I only ever seem to die to Recon, StG 44 and Suomi

Stupendously terrible job DICE and it takes some effort to completely ruin the weapon balance. Quite how you have destroyed the gun-play when it was the best part of the game beggars belief, whomever took this decision should be fired.

The AP mines are a joke, how many times can you nerf them? Why don't you highlight them in pink next time?

The spotting and health bars above players - is this for real - what is going on?

Revert 2.0 please.
  • RipGroove99
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, one good thing came from this latest patch. I usually play BFV all day Saturday if I don't have anything else to do but as I'm not at all a fan of this 'new' version of the game I managed to get quite a bit done around the house:

Repaired my combi boiler
    Installed smart thermostat (Hive) to combi boiler
    Put Christmas lights up on my garage
    Put Christmas tree up
    Got Christmas decorations out of the loft 
    Decorated Christmas tree
    Cleaned the garage up
    Washed and dried my car
    Vacuumed the whole house
    Went back to PUBG after a very long break
    Alt+F4'd out of PUBG after I started, looted and died 3 times in a row and remembered why I don't play it

And now I'm eating some Flaming Hot Monster Munch while wondering what I'm going to do next with my new found gift of time.

Seriously though DICE, look after your loyal fans, your real OG's and let us have the game that we all liked back before I tidy and polish my house into oblivion :/
  • Noodlesocks
    3697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would seem the Recon sniper rifles are now the OP weapons of the game, more than half the weapons are now pointless. The MMG's are particularly disgusting. I only ever seem to die to Recon, StG 44 and Suomi

Stupendously terrible job DICE and it takes some effort to completely ruin the weapon balance. Quite how you have destroyed the gun-play when it was the best part of the game beggars belief, whomever took this decision should be fired.

The AP mines are a joke, how many times can you nerf them? Why don't you highlight them in pink next time?

The spotting and health bars above players - is this for real - what is going on?

Revert 2.0 please.

I thought the wires would make AP mines useless but now that they can kill someone at 100HP I've found them so much more useful. Placing them on supply stations is effective again.
  • NadBag_WangTag
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now that was great! The fact we could move while being down waiting for medics and more!
    The TTK was a little quicker than the previous too. But very great IMO.

The fact we also had less ammo was AWESOME! And spotting wasn't so cry baby based, We also weren't giant highlighted angels for everybody to see in a corner.

The game was in the right track during alpha. I loved every minute. But now?

Now it's catered to simple arcade based game play, Shooting is that of a F2P title and the fact jumping and sliding are quick now, It's a fortnite jump fest to avoid a bullet.
  • Hawxxeye
    7823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My opinion is that this change in 5.2 is incomplete which makes plenty of weapons problematic.
    As the stg44 is a good weapon post 5.2 we need to consider what was done right with this gun.
    The first thing that comes to mind is that it's mag size is more than twice in capacity compared to its max BTK.
     All the weapons have mags at least twice as big as their max BTKs authenticity be damned. It is not fun to have a capacity  of 20 with 13 max bit.
    Many assignments are also now outraged and need to be adjusted for the lower kills per life potential