Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• MogwaiWarrior
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Update 5.2 is awesome! DICE don’t listen to the little babies who want to just spray and pray and not learn gun control. It’s nice not to be mowed down in what feels like an instant. At least now I have a chance to duck into cover. Previously if I was hit by one bullet you might as well called me dead because there was no way I could do anything else to survive.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I think the gunplay is ok, but all the spotting is just silly.
  • SICIOUS
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A happy community is one of your best advocates for sales and new players! For the most part we are not happy! I fail to see how 5.2 will make the game less punishing for new players. I am poor to average when it comes to infantry and this patch has made the game no less punishing. Just more frustrating. The negative feedback is overwhelming please revert back to the previous patch.

I prefer the old TTK gun ranges and damage model.
    I now find the game more frustrating than ever before.
    I get less kills and die just as much.
    I was interested in the new spotting but find it a little over the top. 
    I have noticed several games of people just playing recon.

I will only be playing as a pilot or tanker now. Already logging far less time per day now.

Glad I didn't waste my time on BF1. First year of BFV was a disaster followed by the Pacific War which is definitely a bright spot. Not even looking forward to Wake Island with the current patch.

I would rather have to deal with an overpowered Fliegerfaust that the mess that the weapons are now. For the record I hate COD. Its BF or nothing for me. Please revert.

• Sandmanaman
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can't believe you broke the game just a week before Wake Island.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SICIOUS said:
    A happy community is one of your best advocates for sales and new players! For the most part we are not happy! I fail to see how 5.2 will make the game less punishing for new players. I am poor to average when it comes to infantry and this patch has made the game no less punishing. Just more frustrating. The negative feedback is overwhelming please revert back to the previous patch.

I will only be playing as a pilot or tanker now. Already logging far less time per day now.

Glad I didn't waste my time on BF1. First year of BFV was a disaster followed by the Pacific War which is definitely a bright spot. Not even looking forward to Wake Island with the current patch.

I would rather have to deal with an overpowered Fliegerfaust that the mess that the weapons are now. For the record I hate COD. Its BF or nothing for me. Please revert.

SICIOUS said:

New players I guess is good for EA and money.  As well as populate servers that chased away a good portion of the community.  Numbers are way down for XBOX1 +5 slots for USA conquest.  Also servers never stay full now.  Also with tons of new players that know nothing is depressing to play with. 
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    My opinion is that this change in 5.2 is incomplete which makes plenty of weapons problematic.
    As the stg44 is a good weapon post 5.2 we need to consider what was done right with this gun.
    The first thing that comes to mind is that it's mag size is more than twice in capacity compared to its max BTK.
     All the weapons have mags at least twice as big as their max BTKs authenticity be damned. It is not fun to have a capacity  of 20 with 13 max bit.
    Many assignments are also now outraged and need to be adjusted for the lower kills per life potential
    At least on console it, as well as the 1-5 Sturmgewehr, got their recoil lowered to almost none. Easy Call of duty style magdumping. Relatively the assult class got buffed and medic and support nerfed. Odd logic in that.
  • Celsi_GER
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    FatherDed wrote: »
    I just knew this forum would be hilarious soon as the patch landed. It hasn't disappointed.

This means that you are smarter than whole DICE, because they obviously did not know it.

(no insult intended on both sides, I am just stating the obvious)
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems Ok to me so far.

Hardly the apocalypse that some were forecasting.

• MikraCZ
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Revert it back pls, and you should rly concentrate on stuff that needs fixin..
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems Ok to me so far.

Hardly the apocalypse that some were forecasting.

Yeah okay for recon and assault classes.  I was mainly using support and bren when pacific maps dropped cause I needed them tank mines to pop some tanks.  Since most assault's seem to lazy to break tanks lately and preferred to snipe with M1 Garand.  But now support is dull.  So I don't even pick pacific servers.  I play the old maps and rock my RSC for recon yet.
    Yeah they nerfed my flares.  But I troll the skies now.  I'm always making cherry like groupings in the HUD with 3 or 4 circles cropped together.  I'm still mowing down plenty of assaults though.  I'm pretty much top 3 or so most games I join.  Unless join at tail end.  But sad when your forced to use type 100 for medic.  Even though medic is dull now.  Only used it for the 35 squad revives then went back to recon.
  • azkatov
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can we please get rid of the 3D spotting? 
  • VRtroper
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    This is the result, servers full of sniper. A boring and frustrating game that focuses on long-distance combat. The x3 of all weapons is another point against this great game. https://i.ibb.co/sPDF11p/sn.jpg

• GRAW2ROBZ
    VRtroper said:
    This is the result, servers full of sniper. A boring and frustrating game that focuses on long-distance combat. The x3 of all weapons is another point against this great game. https://i.ibb.co/sPDF11p/sn.jpg

At least you got almost a full server.  For XBOX1 seems most flocked to frontlines.  So conquest is lacking player counts badly.  Hardly any full servers.
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gave it a good two play sessions before giving feedback so I'm sure of how I feel and it's not a knee jerk reaction.

Despite all the bugs and issues I've played bfv since launch and thoroughly enjoyed it however now the ttk sucks, most guns are useless and for the first time in over 12 months I can say I genuinely don't like the game. It's incredibly frustrating to play and feels like I'm firing a spud gun.

Such a shame as it was in such a good space after the Pacific update

Just 2 hours? You got to put more hours into it, at 2 hours i still hated it but after many more hours im enjoying it, you have to completely learn the guns and forget what it was capable of doing and that takes time, what dice wants is for people to change guns and playstyles and ive seen that in my games, i switch guns more depending on maps, as an example a super close smg will be very effective in close quarter maps like devastation but you got to switch up if the map has more range, also with the new ttk you select your battles you dont shoot and kill everything you see like before.
  • Soulbreeze
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I liked the 3 hours I've gotten to play it. Some tweaks need to be made, but all in all I like the direction they were going with the changes. Action during matches feels more active now.
  • stallzer
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess the question that comes into play is what about the casual gamer? Is the goal of the community to eliminate this group? If you make this game so it requires 10,000 hours to kill something then servers will definitely be less populated. IF it takes me 30 hits to kill someone I'm not enjoying it, my skill set doesn't allow me to have a high headshot ratio. If I get headshots they are lucky because I'm the proverbial couldn't hit a barn door with a shotgun player. Don't make this game so only "professional" gamers can survive.
  • MACCA666MC
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3days and still no match report. Come on Dice admit it you want to kill battlefield so you can produce a new IP.
  • noddis411
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My friends and I started playing BFV a lot more once the Pacific theatre came out. We were having a lot of fun because it was not just Germans and British fighting and got to see some new powers in the mix. We would play it almost everyday and have blast playing it. We've played it once since the 5.2 update and we all agreed we are done playing. The game was in a very good state and all that was missing was content. We were just waiting for new guns and maps (which come at a very very slow pace) but still had a lot of fun with what we had. There was a lot more things that should have been fixed/changed.

The rate at which we get content/new guns is extremely slow, assignments are just ignored by everyone because they do not want to leave after every game, on PC a large amount of cheaters are ruining the game. Why make the game less fun? It was a terrible decision. Whether or not further changes are made, this move has lost a lot of respect from those that supported the game greatly.

I loved it and so did a lot of my friends I played with. We all had a wide range of skill levels yet still everyone enjoyed the game just as much. Now none of us enjoy it. Why ruin what was great
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So kht120's new FTK charts and patch analysis are online. Read all about how the changes actually affect the weapons and the gunplay backed up by real numbers. Give that man some internet love and also head over to sym.gg to take a good look at weapon stats so that you can have an educated opinion.

• Copperhead1989
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Update 5.2 is awesome! DICE don’t listen to the little babies who want to just spray and pray and not learn gun control. It’s nice not to be mowed down in what feels like an instant. At least now I have a chance to duck into cover. Previously if I was hit by one bullet you might as well called me dead because there was no way I could do anything else to survive.
    Some are just wining, but some have valid point, I personally think the SMG's are where they belong now, only viable within short range. But I dont think the maximum BTK should exceed 8 bullets. Just let the SMG's increase their BTK to 8 after 25m. But NO other gun should be treated like an SMG except for an SMG