Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• Series_O_Tubes
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Changes to TTK have made me enjoy the game a lot less.  I have 840 hours in the game and have never posted on the forums until now.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't say I outright hate the patch. Increased ammo count is a blessing. There have been a few times where I turned the hunters hiding in the bushes to the hunted, since they can't be on target long enough. I can't fully commit to a complete reversal of 5.2 when it makes the game easier, especially as a medic. High TTK, paired with infinite healing, and plus if you get consistent headshots, makes the class just feel a lot more powerful.
  • kremt_host
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I don't mind it, to me the matchmaking is much more of a problem with unbalanced teams at least every third game. Just stop playing if you hate the game so much and wait for next patch, I bet my **** the devs isn't reading anything from your text walls anyways. You have one vote that counts, and that's not your opinion - it's your time in game. Use it then.
  • jwvoss00
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't say I outright hate the patch. Increased ammo count is a blessing. There have been a few times where I turned the hunters hiding in the bushes to the hunted, since they can't be on target long enough. I can't fully commit to a complete reversal of 5.2 when it makes the game easier, especially as a medic. High TTK, paired with infinite healing, and plus if you get consistent headshots, makes the class just feel a lot more powerful.
    I think the original ammo counts were fine. As long as you ptfo'd and collected ammo off dead bodies and at supply stations you should have had enough. I would only really run out on the super large maps such as hamada. Maybe hamada needs a couple extra supply stations. But yeah I'm not playing the game again until Dice reverts the ttk and the close quarters spotting mechanic. I also won't buy another dice/ea game unless the changes are reversed. They promised us that they would never touch ttk again, and they flat our broke it. The integrity of this company just continues to get worse.
  • AnArKey223
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll vote 5.2 as horrible. A few vehicle tweaks are good (the plane rockets actually do something against tanks). TTK is horrid, and has made me stop aiming. I have to run and gun in every situation now. I hate spotting of any kind, if I can’t see you, my problem. Don’t need or want “shoot here” icons.

The hit markers while dogfighting planes, OMG is that distracting! Trying to give us a seizure?! I can hear my hits, I don’t need rapid bright multi colored flashing right where I’m trying to focus. Nobody play tested this one I guess.

Even worse, the overall stability, rubber banding, etc seems to have reverted to near release levels. Now you are running slow, now fast, now you are back 10 steps.

You took the running speed perk away from the Katana, right? Oh well, that’s useless now. Guy can run backwards away from me almost as fast as I can close. Won’t be picking that up anymore. 

something I never saw before, I dropped a bomb from a plane. Heard the drop, heard the boom. Then NOPE, undo. Still got that bomb on the rack. Never happened. 

Just undo it all. Revert. Save yourselves. Did you get a new boss who had to plant his “vision” all over the project? I work in IT, and this whole thing stinks just like that. 
  • TheAslan15
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    #REVERT

Bring back old ttk and add spotting from bf4
    And add custom emblems and dog tags from bf4 !
  • RudyMentally
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here we go again... the reason I didn't buy battlefront is that it took way too many hits to kill so if there were like 2 or 3 enemy players, you were pretty much toast. BfV beta showed that you could actually kill more players easy if they were worse than you. Come the 5.2 version and even if you get to shoot 3 people in the back unaware of you, it takes so long or you run out of bullets they will still manage to avoid getting killed. Sorry, but I play this game for those moments where you can pull of flanks like that to create openings. Seems like now we're back to prone LMG'ers and snipers all over while AR's are crap. Many guns need faster reloads because of this which greatly reduces the chance of a successful solo action. I don't like it one bit, holding the line with multiple players works fine now, which doesn't really help the camping issue one single bit. So disappointed with this version. Revert the silly change and start focusing on the cheater problem which is out of control and the balance stuff (and do give us a switch team button ... pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top).
  • 1Revan1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Revert or this will be my last BF game and my money to you! Already uninstalled this pile of crap after the 5.2 patch! Its incredible how you, Dice, suck these days at ruining your own game - lol if not sad...
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Console netcode is working very well now, proof that the fast TTK was responsible for the insane TTD. 
  • Asrach
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the new TTK and the auto spot system is awful, worst decisions so far since the game's release.
  • Asrach
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it would be best to delete the NEW TTK system and the SPOT system
  • WizarJry
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
     This is my first ever post on any forum ever. I've always trusted DICE on the come around of bad launches, bug fixes, balances etc. BUT this game and the decisions effecting how it's being handled over the past year have been absolutely rough, until the Pacific Update. I was starting to love the game again logging in nearly everyday for 5-6 hours, but then I was informed about the 5.2 update (more like overhaul). With its release literally all fun was laid to rest with DRASTIC change in the games CORE mechanics.

TTK Changes for myself are welcomed but NOT in the form of turning bullets into actual airsoft pellets. In no way is it enjoyable having to use in some scenarios nearly an entire magazine or clip to engage and eliminate 1 or 2 targets. The TTK changes even on paper and without even playing look to be completely incompetent in terms of choosing a "Skillful" decision in change.

Another change that was completely absurd and contradicting the entire purpose of this update is simplifying engagements by allowing enemies to be spotted much easier with the new spotting system regardless if it's just for the player or spotting for the entire team, it's 100% "casualized".

My input for a proper TTK change would be the implementation of  BETTER and more CONSISTENT Recoil behavior, Recoil patterns and overall a MUCH more skill based weapon handling system across every gun added into the game thus far. Make it more diverse in skill between weapons to hit your targets effectively, not annoying to hit a target 10+ times and in some cases 3-4 shots to the HEAD with a LETHAL WEAPON. Revert to the old damage model, and look into the change of weapon handling across these guns that probably handle nothing even remotely close to their real life counter parts (STG, M1 GARAND, Type 100 i.e).

This decision making and timing of the decisions made really makes me worry for the future of this franchise. I still trust and hope that things will get better. See ya on 5.3 (Or Hopefully Reversion). Much Love DICE. 
    Post edited by WizarJry on
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have now put in a few more hours today. Im getting kills with ease with assault and medic. Medic was dead to me before. KE7 I think now needs a slight buff with accuracy to compete with assault. Can’t speak about scout, I don’t play that class.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Changes to TTK have made me enjoy the game a lot less.  I have 840 hours in the game and have never posted on the forums until now.
    705 hours here, I'm not sure it's called enjoyment anymore - DICE are intent on destroying what was good. I have no idea what they are doing - I'm not even sure they have any idea either.
  • Freckec
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel sad because they do not fix the game in the right direction, on the contrary they make some unnecessary changes that badly affect the players. Instead of repairing the game they make it uninteresting; planes are prevailing again and this is a disaster as we are not competitive again. I think it will affect players who don't enjoy the game already. Not understandable moves that make the game worse than it was. DICE has major repairs to order instead of this weapon balancing ..
  • OneLuvvv
    If your fav class is assault, the games basically almost ruined. I say almost as it's still possible to play but never on the level before the last TTK. STG has some promise but a far cry from where we were. It's basically a softcore mode for the entire game in terms of damage, naturally the fun factor nose dived. Game is playable but core community will eventually dissipate and be replaced with the casuals which the update was intended for. I agree with some of the added features but the TTK changes are almost unbearable, AR's need to be corrected because they're useless.
  • Nimangius
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What will i get at this week? I cant understand. And Tide of  War progress is not available when map changes. And now i needto shoot minimum 10 bullets to kill enemy in 5 metres. Nice gamebraking again. #NotMyTTK
  • Der_Knastoekonom
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I’m usually not active here or on reddit and would consider myself an average player (usually top 12), possible little above-average pilot.

The thing with the TTK update is that is doesn’t help anybody. Against a more skilled player you will lose 9/10 because aim is much more important now (need to land more shots). So many of the new player lose gunfights even though they get a head start by flanking since a more veteran player can turn around and kill him/her.

Skilled players who flank are now less effective, they can’t win gunfights against 2+ people anymore.

Most importantly, the gun meta is now very dominant: most assaults use the STG, medics the jungle carabine or 100, engineers a slug shotgun and snipers any bolt action or the Trench Carabine. Don’t see anybody use more uncommon weapons such as the Selbstlader or whatever. That’s just boring.

One more thing: as a European who has never shot a gun irl I think these weapons should feel somewhat powerful. I don’t think like a one-shot headshot for every weapon except snipers but I expect a big **** machine gun to do damage. So that just feels off.

Don’t get me started on spotting - there is just no justification for this.

So all in all the old TTK was better. I just went to flying or tank gameplay since the weapons don’t feel as powerful as they should be.

• Noodlesocks
    3694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't tell if auto spotting through smoke is a bug, unforseeen consequence or intentional but it shouldn't be happening.