Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    rv112 said:
    Can't even join full servers with a queue now. All I get is Failed To Join Game Session The Game Could not Be Found

This is a joke of a patch through and through. Really not tested properly and I am at my wit's end. About to just give up playing BFV 

I have the same problem: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/197596/since-5-2-queue-not-working#latest

Need to post it here 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Failed-To-Join-Game-Session-The-Game-Could-not-Be-Found/m-p/8519290#M22680

These forums don't have a bug or issues Forum Topic  anymore, you will note you are redirected to this Answers EA forum if you click on the Topic Heading "Bugs and Issues" 
  • IsoHinuri
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi there. Dropping my comments regarding the latest update. Im on the side of people who dislike the new TTK and spotting. I´ve been playing since alpha and now i have over 600 hours of BfV and i think game is going on wrong direction, just when it was going on right direction with pacific.
    I could go on to details why i dont like the changes but why bother, i just sum it up in short.
    Don´t try to fix things that are not broken.

Regards
  • PsyDoc420
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No end of round report since new update on Xbox 1. Always says could not fetch
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    PsyDoc420 said:
    No end of round report since new update on Xbox 1. Always says could not fetch
    Same on PC. To be fair though, that is the least of the problems at the minute.
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    SgtMDuck said:
    I do not get it really - do we blame DICE for 5.2 TTK or is it actually not EA we should blame?
    The torch from EA must be up DICES ... (three letter word) - EA want their money and tells Dice to put in the new TTK for the Christmas Season!
    (Let´s make some money on new players and the other ones, the community - well they have already paid for the game, so guess what let´s scre- these guys, they come back when we revert the TTKagain... Let´s tell them that "we have heared you , we listen"

This worked last year, so let´s do it again....

The community is still playing BF3, BF4 - fantastic games, they of course have their fair share of issues. But actually where handled pretty good by DICE and EA.
    BF4 was a complete mess at launch, nothing worked - but they brought the CTE. This helped out the game so much, and that is why servers are repopulating.

I can say that new maps for BF4 and BF3 would be more interesting than the mess BFV gives you (Maps from Pacific fantastic, but at the moment not enjoyable since TTK change)

When can we expect your official reply?

I don't think it did work last year, IIRC the TTK patch was reverted before Christmas last year ( Correct me if I'm wrong). We can only hope they do the same this year. 
  • hempshark
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, revert the changes back to pacific update. Gameplay mechanics was good. Now it is a noobfest with new spotting system and ttk changes. Can you stop "shooting yourself in the same leg"?
    Who even came up with this "idea", for what reason? Do your revenue from payed skins is falling down and you think you can invite more fresh players with such changes?

Utter disappointment.

• Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As a post 5.2 returning player, and a fan of slower TTKs, I have this to say: let the core fans have their way. Remove the auto spot and return to the original damage model. Keep the goodwill of the returning players you have left.
    I will not play this game whatever you do to it at this point. It's too little too late.

Make a good game for the 2021 release and I might return. Godspeed.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest issue for me right now is the broken 3D spotting. I REALLY wish more attention was being drawn to it.

DICE, the new 3D spotting feature makes it possible to spot players through thick smoke and behind walls. This is unacceptable, as it completely obviates the whole purpose of utilizing cover. Being passively spotted through cover will drive more players away than those who left because they couldn’t see that prone MMG player hiding in the bushes, because you’ve essentially given EVERYONE wall hacks. Fix. It. Please.
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RamFrog said:
    AT Mines are worthless now. 25 damage per AT Mine? Yes, I understand that you have three AT Mines (on Support and Assault) but 25 damage isn't gonna cut it DICE. Also, 17 damage from a 75mm against the side of a Sherman? And HEAT rounds only dealing 20-25 damage now? Way to break the balance on the Pacific tanks. I can get behind a small HEAT round nerf to make it do 34 DMG, but 20-25 for something that can easily wreck tanks and tear them a new one is beyond me. I guess HESH rounds on the Churchill 90mm Howitzer got nerfed too then huh? 
    You can stack AT mines 6 high now, so that balances it. Or you can spread six mines all around for hindrance. You can carry only three still though.
    Exactly lmao. Cool you can stack 6 AT Mines but you're only carrying 3. It eliminates the fun of sneaking behind unsuspecting tanks and slapping a couple mines down and setting them off with a sidearm or for those situations where it's you're only option. Guess I'll have to use the doodoo AT Grenade Pistol. 
  • GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think some of the weapons need to be adjusted but the TTK seems fine. I survive a little longer but I do hate the spotting.  
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RamFrog said:
    AT Mines are worthless now. 25 damage per AT Mine? Yes, I understand that you have three AT Mines (on Support and Assault) but 25 damage isn't gonna cut it DICE. Also, 17 damage from a 75mm against the side of a Sherman? And HEAT rounds only dealing 20-25 damage now? Way to break the balance on the Pacific tanks. I can get behind a small HEAT round nerf to make it do 34 DMG, but 20-25 for something that can easily wreck tanks and tear them a new one is beyond me. I guess HESH rounds on the Churchill 90mm Howitzer got nerfed too then huh? 
    You can stack AT mines 6 high now, so that balances it. Or you can spread six mines all around for hindrance. You can carry only three still though.
    Exactly lmao. Cool you can stack 6 AT Mines but you're only carrying 3. It eliminates the fun of sneaking behind unsuspecting tanks and slapping a couple mines down and setting them off with a sidearm or for those situations where it's you're only option. Guess I'll have to use the doodoo AT Grenade Pistol. 

Don't forget that you also only start with two. So you spawn, want to lay down enough mines to kill a tank, so you move to resupply station, get topped off, lay three, wait for the 45s CD on the supply station to go away and lay the other three.
    Unless you are support with the ammo crates, which are two really big "ifs". Support likely is the least played class (even moreso now) and the ammo crate is not incentivized as the best gadget.
  • Delonski
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I normally use Semi Automatic Rifles like the Gewehr and Seltsblader 1916. They're supposed to be hard hitting medium range weapons but since they got nerfed, I am forced to use Snipers now since they're untouched and it's so much easier with doritos on enemies heads.
  • MyNameisFuc
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And just when the game was doing better and the new maps are sweet...Listen to our warnings and acknowledge them next time. You changed the weapons of a FPS but no one thought that you would take it this far, what do I know , flashing lights, lights. Also answer our questions individually ASAP as well as publicly ASAP. But seriously takes to long to kill people now, durrrrrr hmmmm. Spotting is quite literally the opposite of what I thought was being asked. I think some genius asked to make the flares easier to hit tho. Should give that man a medal.

I’m not playing till I hear it’s changed back or sufficiently better, haven’t even tried to play the update, looks super dumb and all my friends stopped playing battlefield long ago. Dice, is this a way to try and change the core player base? Actually your word means nothing...
  • adriencrete
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This 5.2 patch is in m'y opinion the worst patch . I hate this patch lets the ttk , the ttk were very good and i love bf5 for that , but now it make the game very slow .... Please up this post if u are agree #ripbfV
  • UnhurdSamurai21
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried the new 5.2 TTK update and tbh i hate it everything feels so wrong about it like the medic class is basically nerfed since all they use smgs and support class is not so good either like come on who thought it was a good idea to make the FG42 with smg stats it is an assault style lmg not an smg. Please revert the TTK.
  • l_Grand_Vizir_l
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    "Dice listen to the comunity"
    WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!
    Just read forums... what did we asked for?
    - A ping limit with auto kick to avoid weird games with laggin' players.
    - An anti cheat... we're asking for it since...BF1...
    - More content, maps, weapons, gadgets...
    And what Dice do?
    - Change the gunplay we all liked, see the reaction on Pacific launch.
    - Spend dev time on things nobody wants, like years for a competitiv game mode, it was a failure on BF1 and still they worked again and again just to trash it at the end...
    They pretend they want new players to stay and not leave the game but it won't happen.
    New players will shoot with nerf guns and be killed by players who have a better knoledge of the gameplay and map design (and know the weapons and upgrades that still works).
    They will be destroyed by blatant cheaters as we do
    And they will leave as we gona do.
    1st they obviously don't give a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to what players ask for and run away from it.
    2nd they think that closing soo many threads on this forum will stop the trash talk about this game, but it doesn't. just look even the "game changers" youtubers, those guys who get paid (not with money but with privileges) to say all good they can about the game are trashtalking it those days.
    It's hilarious !
    This 5.2 patch is a huge slap in the face to the last fans who endured bad launch, bugs, and pretty bad situation of this game for more than a year.
    Pretending this was needed to improve game actually is as insulting to us as saying that we are poor uneducated kids who shouldn't buy the game if we're really not found of the idea of shooting womens and listen the caracter crying while dying on the floor.
    We may be stupid and uneducated kids.
    But we have the power of the credit card.
    I will certainly never use my credit card on Origin again and you should consider it too.
    Why should we support a company slapping us all the time?
    Thanks Dice, i was in love of BF since ages, Conquest is my gamestyle. But this 5.2 patch broke the last hopes i had, i'm like a guy who loved a bad girl who cheated him all the time... enough is enough.
    Bad launch of BF4, a year of bugs...
    BF1, quite buggy too no? cheats, cheats, cheats, and a promise! "we're working on a homemade anticheat"... lol
    BFV, launch worse than BF4, more cheaters than BF1.... and when at least most bugs are gone and gameplay is fun for the largest part of the comunity you break it?
    Don't know who is in charge for this, but it's insane.

• WetFishDB
    2338 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who came back following some of the changes in 5.2, I still think the game plays trash.  

Positives: movement is no longer as penalised, and I do think some of the spotting changes are good (but not all of them)

Negatives: the gunplay is just plain awful.  The TTK before was fine, but the TTD was not.  Now the TTK is stupidly long, but the TTD feels more reasonable.  Honestly, it’s made me realise that this game is broken at the core - and ultimately isn’t as fun as previous versions.  Still campy.  Still scoped meta.

They need to fix the TTK/TTD disparity and revert these changes, I think reduce the headshot multiplier personally, remove lots of the visual noise that’s just unnecessary and have a real hard think about attrition and what it does to the game (although I don’t see those last two happening).
  • dariarty
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Extremely bored with the old 'gun' meta as I felt it was quite limited so I was quite happy with the idea of changes.

Not the best implementation though, the old issue of gun mechanics not suiting map design has simply transferred across to the new meta, further tweaks in regard to weapon balance between classes is required.
    I may be wrong but it seems as if the balancing the other classes around Assault is problematic?

The medic SMG's need a little something extra to allow them to reach into mid range territory due to the expansiveness of launch maps and lack of cover. 

Support require a complete rework in regard to their CQC capabilities. The FG-42 (previously the best gun in V) and LS-26 are genuinely useless now and require a complete redesign. The damage model combined with ammo and RoF just don't work. The Lewis, Madsen and Bren are still fantastic. 
    I can't really comment on MMG's as I'm a decent human being and never use them and shot guns just aren't my cup of tea. Feel a bit cheesy.

Assault seem fine. The Ribey and STG.44 have emerged as arguably the strongest guns, but to be honest as the previous strongest infantry class they where always going to come out of this fairly intact.

Recon I would leave the SLR's exactly as they where. Or at least give a buff to the more aggressive variants like the RSC or Model 8.

Love the auto spotting. Visibility on console isn't the best and the sheer amount of proners I've killed that I would have previously missed is truly astonishing. 

Performance wise V is still underperforming. The TTK/TTD de-sync is now even more noticeable due to the extended TTK. Constantly being killed behind solid cover also.
    We're a year in now, this just isn't good enough. 

Also keep running into an instance where I just explode and the message 'Killed in Action' pops up on the screen. What's that about?

On the whole I like the idea of where Dice is going with these changes, just not a fan of their initial implementation. More work is required but I do like where Dice is going with this.
    If nothing else it has rejuvenated my interest in a game that I had become quite bored with.
  • Kompura
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Revert the 5.2 update and leave Pacific content as it was. TTK, spotting, Fliegerfaust, AT and AP mines, all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ now.
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kompura said:
    Revert the 5.2 update and leave Pacific content as it was. TTK, spotting, Fliegerfaust, AT and AP mines, all **** now.
    Sounds like a plan.