Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• Blackidus
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a thought, did they do this TTK change instead of finishing other weaponds?
    There is still no trace of weaponds like the ChauChat and the Sjögren shootgun although they are in the SP or in early trailers.

What about finishing theese weaponds instead of "fixing" things that aren´t broken.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Totally enjoying this patch, please do not revert it.

Movement no longer punished (clearly more players on objectives and more close combat), TTD feels a lot better, Netcode issues close to gone, srv tick value is clearly lower, no more frustrating 1 frame 3x scope without glint deaths (in cover) when using the weapons like there are supposed to be used, tanks now able to PTFO and loving the kill sound  :)

Would like to see the could not fetch report error fixed and the aiming circles on the pacific planes removed, they are not needed.
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    RamFrog said:
    AT Mines are worthless now. 25 damage per AT Mine? Yes, I understand that you have three AT Mines (on Support and Assault) but 25 damage isn't gonna cut it DICE. Also, 17 damage from a 75mm against the side of a Sherman? And HEAT rounds only dealing 20-25 damage now? Way to break the balance on the Pacific tanks. I can get behind a small HEAT round nerf to make it do 34 DMG, but 20-25 for something that can easily wreck tanks and tear them a new one is beyond me. I guess HESH rounds on the Churchill 90mm Howitzer got nerfed too then huh? 
    You can stack AT mines 6 high now, so that balances it. Or you can spread six mines all around for hindrance. You can carry only three still though.
    Exactly lmao. Cool you can stack 6 AT Mines but you're only carrying 3. It eliminates the fun of sneaking behind unsuspecting tanks and slapping a couple mines down and setting them off with a sidearm or for those situations where it's you're only option. Guess I'll have to use the doodoo AT Grenade Pistol. 

Don't forget that you also only start with two. So you spawn, want to lay down enough mines to kill a tank, so you move to resupply station, get topped off, lay three, wait for the 45s CD on the supply station to go away and lay the other three.
    Unless you are support with the ammo crates, which are two really big "ifs". Support likely is the least played class (even moreso now) and the ammo crate is not incentivized as the best gadget.
    I always run Ammo Crate on Support. Yeah, Support for me ran out the window since they made the guns worthless. And let's not forget, you could theoretically use the Sticky Grenade, but that only does 20 damage. If DICE made it like BF1, where you got high damage with them but you can't set them right next to each other. 25 DMG for AT Mines vs the very thing they're supposed to be able to kill just defeats the whole purpose. 
  • Valmont1er
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf5 was a really good game ! Blame editor for bad communication & the bad selling score !
    Some weapon was design as 3 or 4 bullet weapon kills with a rate of fire that was well thought. Now TTK isn't relevent with the weapon design anymore. Weapon looks broken !
    The auto spot is a joke. 

Want noob to come & buy the game ?
    Activision make a killing machine COD with a so low TTK that even a noob can kill you in 0.2 seconds ! Weapon are maybe too easy to use but everybody can come & kill you before you can react ! Seems it makes noob happy !

Please go back to TTK well design for those weapons you create in the game !
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf5 was a really good game ! Blame editor for bad communication & the bad selling score !
    Some weapon was design as 3 or 4 bullet weapon kills with a rate of fire that was well thought. Now TTK isn't relevent with the weapon design anymore. Weapon looks broken !
    The auto spot is a joke. 

Want noob to come & buy the game ?
    Activision make a killing machine COD with a so low TTK that even a noob can kill you in 0.2 seconds ! Weapon are maybe too easy to use but everybody can come & kill you before you can react ! Seems it makes noob happy !

Please go back to TTK well design for those weapons you create in the game !
    So you want BF to become CoD again?

And you also say the previous gunplay is noob friendly, while others say it was for the skilled players?

The reason the game sold poorly at the start was the crap vision on the theme (wacky WW2) and the reason many players stoped playing this game so fast was the crap gunplay and crap vehicles, it was more CoD than BF.

The biggest problem with changing things this late in the game is that most of the players that do still play the game are the few that actually liked the gunplay.

But it should have never been like pre chapter 5 in the first place.
  • Soro_BR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE DICE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
    What mess :-(

• qazitam67
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played all weekend and gave this patch a fair chance.
    1) Medics are at a big disadvantage, the BTK drop off is way to extreme and needs to be toned down.
    2) MMG's are pretty much useless. In fact if your not using the Madsen, your at a disadvantage as a support.
    3) The assault class tweeks are OK.
    4) Now there will snipers and more snipers because this is the only class capable of fighting at longer ranges effectively.

In the end there was no need to change the gunplay like you did DICE. It was fine as it was and a few weapon balance tweeks would have been better than the wholesale changes you made. I would go back to the previous setup before the patch and stop wasting your time on fixing gunplay which is fine and focus on content, content, and more content. This was a big waste of resources that only served to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off the community so you can make the game more accessible for people that dont even play the game. Westie was right about this.
  • Dellta_34
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is probably the best patch I have seen in a battlefield game since bf4, I am loving the TTK increase,if anything it's too little too late.
    I find it hilarious readings comments of players with poor aim saying how now you shoot potatoes or how it takes 2 mags to drop an enemy.
    I just played a few rounds and I remember clearly one engagement in which I droped 3 enemies at mid range with 32 round SMG sten  and I still had 13 bullets left in the mag.
    And the funny thing about that is that I actually had rather poor aim and missed half my shots and I still got 3 kills with a little over half an SMG mag at mid range(a range in which in bf3 for example SMGs would take much longer to kill).
    The TTK use to be ultra low,now it's slithly less ultra low but still ultra low,but I guess that aint casual enough for some players.
    Bad company 2 for example had about twice the TTK than the current one(meaning that hardcore mode in that game took more shots to kill from most guns than regular bf5)
  • JK_SNAFU26
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not only do I think this patch was a mistake, but is anyone else experiencing old bugs that they swore would be fixed by now? I can't get my reports after the match, not a single one since the patch rolled. Server connections are terrible, with the first day of the patch I had 4 matches just end. After a revive I couldn't access any of my weapons, not even my melee, and so I had to redeploy. I am also noticing that my accessories, as in my grenade launcher etc., are glitching out. If I can even access them, half of my shots are duds with nothing happening. 

I have been trying to hold out and stay positive. Prior to the patch I honestly thought DICE got things figured out. What a let down yet again.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I finally got to play my first games last night. I have mixed impressions of the gameplay, but generally I enjoyed it more than I disliked it.

When I landed headshots I won gunfights, and I did get more opportunities to get shots back on attackers.

When the EoR screen works it got a major overhaul it seems.

Edit.
    I forgot to include, I think the auto spotting is overboard, but I would like some aspects to stay.
    - It shouldn't spot so well when there's mostly cover in the way. 0.67second delay maybe?
    - It should be completely disabled in smoke.
  • metalmckie
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5.2. Extra bullets not required, just play as a squad, this is a squad based games.

New spotting is crap.

Fligerfaus now crap, so planes op.

All guns should do real damage at range.  This is already balanced by of virtue of a player being  either a good shot or a crap shot. Skill should be rewarded not punished.

FG-42 ruined.  It was already balanced because it was unstable hard to master full auto fire due to the amount of kick. Why change it

• jodoanyo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE is out of focus or desperate. Just when I came back to BFV due to the Pacific maps they launch this patch. I've been playing BF since BF2 and this is one of the worst decisions I've seen in DICE.

- The most popular online war game COD has a super fast TTK. So does the TTK has something to do with popularity? NO. 
    - In Battle Royales  you die and you are out. Very frustrating and hard for new comers. Although they have a huge popularity. Does  new comers frustration has to do with popularity? NO.
    - SPOTING system is awful. What's the point of doing that? which other game tells you where are your enemies? HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE ASKING FOR THIS? close to none, probably. It feels like a game for toddlers, "look here my son, here you have someone to kill" Having played FPS for almost all my life I feel this is disrespect.
    - CLIP Size: Now it takes more bullets to kill someone but clip size and reloading time still the same. They should' have been changed.
    - ASSIGNMENTS: DICE should have changed the guns assignments. Some guns have assignments related to kill x in longer distance than Ym. This now is more hard.

DICE please revert TTK and SPOTING, and instead do some minor adjustments to some guns. Restore the recoil. 

I bought BFV few months after launch. I played a bit and went back to BF1. why?
    - Boring maps. Didn't feel I was in a war, too many open maps with very few cover possibilities, very long distances to walk with few transport vehicles.
    - Constriction: Why I have to go to a supply crate EVERYTIME I SPAWN ????? WHO $&&%$ was the genius? This IS ##$#$# BORING and still don't know why they did this. I should spawn with all my ammo and go to war.
    - DEFENCE building: Defences should be all up at the start of the game. You may repair them if they are broken, but this is not a LEGO game. $%$% boring.
    - MAPS Rotation. Ok ,they are now 5 good maps. Why all the servers have all the maps without a change of choosing the following map? 
    - KiIling cam:  doesn't work well.
    - Menus: It takes ages to go to the filter server page.
    - Assignments: Can't changed them on the game.
    - New stuff: When I complete an assignment I have to leave the game in order to use it.
    - Kits: Very expensive. You don't have information on how to unlock the kits. It just says something like: "complete the assignment to unlock" in BF1 it tells you how to do that.

Finally, why in the world I should expend money buying stuff in BFV when I don't have any reliability on what direction will take the game after all this wrong actions from DICE? They seem focused in trying to make their own reality work instead of delivering a good product to the BF community.

I'm so angry for this. I fell like all the hours I have spent playing went to the toilet.

Hope this will help to put pressure on DICE.

• jodoanyo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 said:
    The Forum is complaining about the TTK change.
    The Forum is full of skill malnourished goofs who don't know what they are talking about.
    Game has probably been improved.
    Hi.
    I'm a BF veteran and a below average player. I like to use the M1 Garand. Before it was hard to kill someone running far away, now is much harder. And you have a 20 shots mag and very long time to reload. Longer TTK means you can be spotted more easy and is worst with the $%$%$ auto spotting system. So miss some shots and you are dead because all will see you and you'll have and empty mag. So now I prefer to use the Sturmgewehr 1-5 and shoot only in closer distances.

So it doesn't feel an improve for me. Now I have fewer weapons to play.

BF1 is one of the best BF games. I played a lot with the medic's RSC 1917, two to three shots to kill. Now there is no weapon similar to it in BFV. How this change makes BFV a better game?
  • jodoanyo
    Really whoever flips out so early is insane. You need more than one day to try a bunch of weapons in different scenarios, maps, modes, winning/losing situations. Stop the knee jerk.

I tried so far:
    STG -- feels fine
    Zk383 -- felt very weak in CQB, I know it's not meant for it, but I'm just stating what I saw.
    MP40 -- felt fine in its intended range

Dice you will now proceed to make magazine changes to some guns, right? We don't need to argue this, it's a given that you are/should be working on it.

I very much like the spotting changes. I like knowing that I'm spotted. Also, regarding your goal of making it less of a cognitive thing to try and locate people in CQB, the red diamonds work. We --people on standard PS4 and Xbox with their awful graphics cards-- need this, visibility sucks I already put up my PS4 for sale so I can go back to Xbox one x.

Aerodrome. It's better. It was a 2/10 now it's a 3/10. Still a **** map Dice.

I hate COD but look at their maps how detailed they are. Why are you designing open maps with geometry variations, rocks, trees, and two storey houses??? Have you lost all creativity to design interesting maps with hard cover, bigger more urban buildings rather than a stupid rock.

Hi Baron.
    Changing two base elements after a year of launching the product without any complains about it is crap. I completely disagree with you about the spotting system. I also have a PS4 and I like the game how it was. You just cant go running like a headless chicken and you have to  be more aware of your surroundings. It took me sometime to get used from BF1 and now I have to learn playing again? why?
  • 10bad
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the game now is really boring, maybe DICE don't read this messages. But i want to let he knows how the game now is really boring and frustrating.
    I think is too similar to BF1 where only few weapon was good. Now in BF5 the mmg's are pretty useless, mg42 is a joke, like a water pistols, but in real life even on a range of 1km and more is micidial. Don't talk about medics worst than ever.....
    I think the bests Battlefield games was the one with higthest TTK, like BF3 or BBC2.
    When BFV comed, i was really happy. Because the gunplay and TTK was AMAZING, seems to be in BF3! (my favourite). And now, is like the worst BF1.
    They should think at some popular game like Rainbow six and PUBG, in those games the TTk is really, but really fast! And are popular!
    Why make the opposite?
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you’ve essentially given EVERYONE wall hacks.
    This might actually be intentional.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The incendiary AA MMG bullets specialization.

Those were useless before the 5.2 patch. And even more useless after the 5.2 patch, since the lesser-damage-over-range system. Why even have this spec in the game. It plays no role at all now.
    Its almost like DICE forgot all about their existence.
  • maskedocelot
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer post 5.2. Don't know if it's because people are trying things out but I'm seeing a lot more variety of guns used now as opposed to pre patch when everything was Suomi/Thompson. So personally I'd keep the ttk changes and build on them with changes to the guns people are specifically pointing out like the fg42/LS (mag sizes) and vgo/mg42, don't think there's a need for a close range mmg.

PS4 bugs - none community game that refused to start due to lack of players despite having 60, and people failing to render at long range and being in the standing pose block green coloured.
  • blackbirddown
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing BF since Battlefield 1942. This is the only BF I've had to stop playing because it was so meh with some of the devs update choices. That was until they updated the game and brought in the Pacific update. I was really looking forward to enjoying BF again and then this update was released. To me it seems to have taken a step backwards after hyping up new content. A longer TTK & auto spotting seemed to have changed the way Battlefield plays but not for the better.

Guns feel less like guns and more like pea shooters. Yes, a longer TTK means you need to hit more of your shots and be more accurate, but it sacrifices the power & realism of certain weapons. Compared to the new COD where guns feel beefy and more like actual weapons, this is disappointing. I know shorter TTK's is associated with corner camping and such a lot of the time, however, it encourages players to play more strategically. With longer TTK's strategic play feels less encouraged as you can take more risks with really less punishment from other players. Simply the difference between knowing running out in the open will get you killed or running out in the open might get you killed if someone is accurate enough. I've already had too many encounters with this update where I or an enemy have survived questionably risky situations due to the lower damage at distances.

As for auto spotting, it's absolutely terrible. This is one of the worst ideas I've seen in a BF update in a while. Why remove something like spam spotting like older BF's only to add a feature that instead spots everything for you. It's just mind boggling that this game is becoming more casual over time. I understand it's maybe to attract newer players and raise the amount of active players, but maybe the player count would be higher if the game wasn't so messed up when it first released.

This game should follow something like Battlefront II. Just listen to what the majority of the community wants and put it in the game, if they don't want it don't put it in. Battlefront II has made an amazing comeback from it's launch and I'd love to see this game follow the same path. If this game continues to become more for the new casuals, it feels as if Call of Duty & Battlefield are switching roles in the gaming community. That would honestly be very disappointing to see. 
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played it the first 2 days, haven't touched it since. Can't even manage to put in the time for the lunge mine unlock.

I am going to step away for a while hopefully untill this is fixed. It's a shame I was looking forward to wake island and rental servers. But if the game isn't fun to play I don't really care about the maps...