Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kompura said:
    For some reason, I think I'm spotted quite often without minimap showing it. I don't think there are so many cheaters around after patch.

THIS. I have no idea why, but yesterday enemies often seem to know my exact location/direction without me being spotted :S
  • Thomas_Bigfield
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 was finally in a state where the gameplay was fun..
    Now they ruined it by increasing the TTK where most guns are actually useless: 7 hits with a STG from 30 meters? Most enemies will get away before you get the kill.

And because the infantry has been nerfed in oblivion airplanes and tanks have practically shooting practice from across the map.

F this game, uninstalling until they use their brain and revert these idiotic and "well" thought through changes
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have rediscovered bf1 this last week the ttk feels faster than what we have now!
    But bf1 feels like a straight upgrade from bf5 the maps are fun we have team switch, team balancing, map voting, what feels to me like lots of new weapons that are balanced to try out, slr/sar's that are fun to use and of course loads of atmosphere with great music.
    If only bf5 had been a reskin with the same ui and the new movement mechanics it would have been a hit.

So it's a mix of verdun, cod mw (first cod in 4 years) and bf1 for me till they sort this mess out.
  • Kalpel
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After some testing 5.2.2, the game feels like, a "wannabe" Battlefield. Bad weapon balance, Stg,Bar,Typ100 for the win. You are sighted, Jedi power.
    Looks like, Dice will share the fate of Bioware. The facade still exists, but the shell is empty.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • necropxhyte
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    now that they had to adjust the 5.2 ttk partially with 5.2.2, so it still is not as long as they intended, they found a workaround: increase general latency between all clients and servers by 200ms >> desired ttk! :smiley:
  • 19Romulus84
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I exchanged a few emails from Bradock512 and said they would not return TTK to 5.0. They will possibly be what it is. I wrote to him that they would increase BTK for SOUMI / Tommy in the medium distance and wrote that he is not a developer but will present it to the team. So we can probably forget about TTK 5.0. We have to press hard, nothing else is left. If the pressure is strong, maybe the developer will bend.  :( 
  • RogueThunder1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, you guys need to fix the anti-tank game play. Playing as assault class feels completely useless against tanks when you have to hit tanks in the right spot to do high damage. Most of the time the tanks are playing passive and staying back so its nearly impossible to get close to them. The panzerfaust range and damage should of been updated with patch 5.2 since the tanks were updated. The panzerfausts damage/range is really low, plus hitting a tank for 3 damage is really aggravating. Even having only 2 rounds makes it more aggravating.
  • Celsi_GER
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game just sucks since 5.2 and this socalled hotfix did not change this.
  • CH3OCH3
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    5.2.2 is Still ****  and this is a final goodbye from a player that had invested over 8000hours in your franchise.
    i hope the persons responsible for ruining battlefield suffer for the rest of thier miserable lives!
  • 19Romulus84
    There is hope that they will go back. What do I infer? And after a completely different pool of players, the old guard doesn't play this crap. I played a few conquests and I was 1-2. From sixth place, people had 5/15 results I am not exaggerating. Play for yourself and you'll see how low the level is.
  • SistineAritna
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting makes me feel disgusting.
    Especially those planes, flying very high. you can't see flares! You can't shot them down. But you are spotted.
  • InS_Hypno
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey quick questions to mods 

Why do threads that have positive opinions about 5.2 update left alone while threads that have negative opinions are locked?

Its inconsistent at best or dishonest in the worse case 
  • DogRoyal
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Guns. 30 meters are not long range! Increase all range damage drops by 50% range before drop. It will make 15 guns go from useless to viable.
    2. Reverse the nerf to anti tank infantry weapons as it makes it impossible to take out tanks at range for infantry and it cannot possibly be the intent. Instead make turret guns operated from internally. It will make it hard for assault to come close and fire AT weapons from range and make perfect balanced buff to tanks.
    3. Give TNT explosives to recon. Make the class lot more usefull and take from assault and give 2/3 more rockets instead. Make recon class much more ptfo and assault still strong
  • CT1924
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The funniest thing about this update was that it was partially intended to increase weapon viability and variety. I used to play with faction-specific guns. Each class in each faction used a different weapon. I had a lot of fun getting good with each one. Now? I’m thinking I’ll have to equip the few viable weapons left in the game and forget all about authenticity. It’s going to feel super weird killing Japanese soldiers with an STG-44 on my American Marine, for instance, and it’s going to feel super weird killing Germans with a Type 100 on my British paratrooper medic. But hey, that’s what this game has come to post-5.2. The M1A1 carbine is useless now. The Sten is useless now. So many weapons and play styles are useless now. Just stick with the zerg and hope that your peashooters will take out more of their guys than your guys.

Yeh, most guns are trash now. Especially support, medic, and assault. Or have a better version with no drawbacks.
  • Dardanos_gr
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When we are gonna see a new patch to fix the recent patch where fix 2 patches before and this is going on from the game release date?

1.  Spotted on spawn. Anyone who spawn are spotted and spotting system is a big joke. Just a crap.
    2. Who had the idea that PIAT could be a mortar? It was someones last night dream right? We dont need mortar we need something to derstroy the tanks. So simple.
    3. Flingerfaust. Another joke. Now the planes can do a score like 70-1 but you need 2 shots to take it down to a game that there is no teamplay.
    4. Server balance. All past BF titles had third party servers and there was a balance at the server now its a dream like the dream the man saw above.
    5. Mines. A tank can walk through 3 of them and just damaged didn't blow. A silly blonde thougt that?
    6. Ammo. Why i have to spawn and resupply so i can have 3 manes 3 rockets and one grenade when i can spawn and have it already? The blonde above had this brilliant idea?
    7. Resupply time. Why you increase the time for that?
    8. Ammo boxes. We can have bullets but no grenades, mines, rockets etc. That blonde have awsome ideas......
    9. Why one grenade? We can carry more.....
    10. LMGS. Why we need lmgs to shoot planes to do no damage? VGO etc are tottaly useless.....
    11. Where is hardcore and friendly damage? You haven't dream that yet right? BF 70 will have them again.
    12. and many more that i can't think right now
    Advice before you release a mess try it first don't need to fix one and destroy 10 and the story goes on.......
  • 19Romulus84
    We are fed up with these two. EA make servers with 5.0 with SOUMI only and give us modes to choose from. Make servers 5.2 or 5.2.2 there because the same and let us choose. EA this game had a year, we want we demand BTK 5.0 we are not claimed but you are cheaters, understand that? We love this BTK and we can't imagine another, why you disregard us and ignore us, why? Instead of eliminating cheaters and working on a balance, you serve a completely different game after a year. Why?
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This TTK is a great step. Just needs a few tweaks. Don't balance these games around the COD crowd or what the hardcore PC audience wants. It never works for console players ever. I play on both, and quite honestly BF actually feels like you can flank and get around places now.

Definitely need some balance tweaks here and there though. Certain guns are too OP.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I exchanged a few emails from Bradock512 and said they would not return TTK to 5.0. They will possibly be what it is. I wrote to him that they would increase BTK for SOUMI / Tommy in the medium distance and wrote that he is not a developer but will present it to the team. So we can probably forget about TTK 5.0. We have to press hard, nothing else is left. If the pressure is strong, maybe the developer will bend.  :( 

What pressure? There is none. 1000 kids on reddit lol? I don't want the old TTK because it sucked. I actually went back to COD WW2 and ditched BFV. I'll play COD when I want a fast TTK thanks.