Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• Captain_Kirkoid
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So people are mostly complaining about spotting, ttk as in fire rate, background graphics and the map layouts?

I've been a fan since the beginning but in all honestly will never buy another DICE game. The same bugs/engine design has been prevalent since I can remember. Mantling is still ridiculously difficult having to punch the A button multiple times before anything happens. The new rendering system means everything looks the same, all the skins have the same colour reference pool and something about the rendering means everything gets this homogeneous haze around it. I sit about 4 feet away from a 49 inch HDTV and I still can't see people apparently 100 feet away. I always thought the point of any game was to have fun not to try and make it as authentic as possible. I now have way more fun playing COD and older versions of BF than BFV. I enjoyed BF4 because you can spot people by spamming the shoulder button, but that doesn't make it easier to kill them. BFV greatly favours snipers and anyone who wants to camp near an objective but it also serves to make the game extremely difficult to play and extremely frustrating if you've just carpet bombed an objective, ran around for 15 minutes checking every single bush and corner because no one has a flare or no one is looking at the mini map. This probably a lot of fun for the players hiding but it does nothing to balance the game. Personally I would redo the rendering so player figures stand out more at least that way you have some chance of actually seeing someone without using binoculars to play the game.

TTK will always be a problem which is why you always get players picking the guns with the highest fire rates to overcome the lag. Works for me. But it also gets pretty boring after a while. Someone needs to come up with a clever mathematical solution so slower fire rates don't get lost over the network.

The menu system, AS ALWAYS, sucks a hairy one. Sometimes people will just never learn something. It seems that no matter how many threads how many complaints DICE just keep doing the same thing over and over. I have the pulsing white circle telling me something in loadout has changed but I'm not spending the next hour trying to figure out which skin on which gun under which nation has changed. Either the designer is an old stuck in his ways fool or there are some really arrogant people working at DICE. Stubbornly and belligerently hanging onto THEIR way of doing things.

The maps are at the same time awe inspiriing and WAY too big and unmanageable. It might be fun a few times when you're stuck with no vehicle having to literally run for miles to get to the objective. After a while that novelty definitely wears thin. I tend to respawn because by the time I get there the game will be over.  I think people still want to play the objectives en mass and to get stuck in all these tiny little side wars isn't that much fun especially if you've got no support.

I'm not going to talk about the monetisation because I'm sure most people feel the same way. It's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Stop doing it. You'll end up losing more customers than gaining. But who am I...?

I'll actually pay for something on COD maybe once or twice and Zombies but never have on BF. Apart from renting a server once on BF4. I think it's to do with their design style. Too many skins look the same, are hard if not impossible to see in-game and so that kind negates the whole purpose of buying stuff and I think why the COD system works so well because you can actually see it all in game.

There's tons more, but all of this has been said sooooooooooo many times I'm bored. It's just I'm a fast typer.
  • Captain_Kirkoid
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a great example of bad map design. IWO JIMA. Game over in 5 minutes. Other team pinned everyone down in the spawn near F. Resupply at spawn was constantly attacked. Snipers had wide field of view over spawn. I barely got out to destroy one tank, there were 5 others with a wrap around fov over the spawn.

This is why I only play this game rarely these days. I paid a stupid price and now I'm paying the price again.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a great example of bad map design. IWO JIMA. Game over in 5 minutes. Other team pinned everyone down in the spawn near F. Resupply at spawn was constantly attacked. Snipers had wide field of view over spawn. I barely got out to destroy one tank, there were 5 others with a wrap around fov over the spawn.

This is why I only play this game rarely these days. I paid a stupid price and now I'm paying the price again.

You on XBOX1?  I had a similar situation as for Iwo Jima Japan faction spawn trapped and USA had two tanks on the high ground aiming down in at our spawn.  I died twice trying to flank right to the north to get out.  I eventually left.  I don't like aborting but they got the best of me.  I think it was Sunday when it happened.  Not sure why DICE has USA factions far south and Japan far east close to each other.  Should of had USA faction with the ships in the west.  Best to win as Japan is skip the close flags and go to the tunnel flags.  Key to winning that map for conquest is the tunnel flags then work your way out, then hold the crashed plane flag.  Then if opponents are weak then get greedy and take it all.  But if you go for the two beach flag near USA boat launch and they beat you.  It can get ugly fast if they have a smart squad racing for the tunnels as well.
  • Captain_Kirkoid

You on XBOX1?  I had a similar situation as for Iwo Jima Japan faction spawn trapped and USA had two tanks on the high ground aiming down in at our spawn.  I died twice trying to flank right to the north to get out.  I eventually left.  I don't like aborting but they got the best of me.  I think it was Sunday when it happened.  Not sure why DICE has USA factions far south and Japan far east close to each other.  Should of had USA faction with the ships in the west.  Best to win as Japan is skip the close flags and go to the tunnel flags.  Key to winning that map for conquest is the tunnel flags then work your way out, then hold the crashed plane flag.  Then if opponents are weak then get greedy and take it all.  But if you go for the two beach flag near USA boat launch and they beat you.  It can get ugly fast if they have a smart squad racing for the tunnels as well.

Yeah on XB. In that game they had all the flags from the start, some guys tried to race to the tunnels in jeeps but they had all their tanks covering all the exits from the spawn. Plus planes and tanks bombing the gunners and any tanks that got out were instantly flanked. There was no let up. Impossible scenario. BF1 Caporetto map Conquest works because even though you start with no flags you have a ton of Elite classes to help take A and there are some good horsemen they can really disrupt the other team's flow. Much prefer BF1 to BFV wish I didnt have the digital version otherwise I would've sold it by now...!
  • Shadeblast
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see people complaining in a lot of ways that make sense or don't.
    All while sitting here and wishing they would address a topic I found disturbing since BFV started.
    Why is everyone that gets revived at full health? Squad revives completely misplace the position of medic on the battlefield.
    Especially thinking about the concentration of players. A Recon is no medic and should not miraculously handshake full-heal squadmates.

What I would like to see is something like this (WIP):
    Squad revive(non-Medic): 35 HP - 3 seconds
    Medic revive(quick): 65 HP - 1.5 seconds
    Medic revive(full): 100 HP - 2.5 seconds

What would also work is something like (WIP):
    Squad revive: 35 HP - 3 seconds, regenerates to 60
    Medic revive: 65 HP - 1.5 seconds, regenerates to 100

Some thoughts of you guys please!
    And also: Great Holidays!
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is funny
    jzkce8k017541.jpg

It was partly because of this and other memes that I decided to give SWBF2 another go. I don’t get it. SWBF2 remains an unbalanced nerf gun / hero spam paradise designed for little kiddies who can’t stand dying in video games. The first SWBF for current gen consoles released in 2015 was great, with a low TTK that felt consistent with the SW universe. SWBF2’s high TTK, on the other hand, is horrendous, unless you’re literally on top of another player or if you clicked on a hero icon faster than the other 19 people on your team. It looks pretty, but the gameplay is trash.
  • TheUnluckyDwarf
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jzkce8k017541.jpg

It was partly because of this and other memes that I decided to give SWBF2 another go. I don’t get it. SWBF2 remains an unbalanced nerf gun / hero spam paradise designed for little kiddies who can’t stand dying in video games. The first SWBF for current gen consoles released in 2015 was great, with a low TTK that felt consistent with the SW universe. SWBF2’s high TTK, on the other hand, is horrendous, unless you’re literally on top of another player or if you clicked on a hero icon faster than the other 19 people on your team. It looks pretty, but the gameplay is trash.

The first EA Battlefront being balanced? Not at all, and you have to have some really tinted glasses to think that. Bacta, jet pack, shields, weapon balance, killstreak bonuses.... BFV might be a mess, but the first EA Battlefront is probably the worst thing DICE has put out.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    jzkce8k017541.jpg

The first EA Battlefront being balanced? Not at all, and you have to have some really tinted glasses to think that. Bacta, jet pack, shields, weapon balance, killstreak bonuses.... BFV might be a mess, but the first EA Battlefront is probably the worst thing DICE has put out.

I said nothing about overall balance; I said the lower TTK was consistent with the SW universe. It’s insane that blasters feel like BB guns in SWBF2. SWBF15 had its problems, but at least the gun play felt satisfying. You didn’t HAVE to play a hero in that game to rack up decent numbers.
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another week,another increasingly frustrated post
    -
    The crashing continues,and for some reason I can't get into Panzerstorm. Every time I try to load that map I get an infinate loading screen. Tried repairing my game via origin and nothing
    -
    And what the hell is going on with explosions? The last few matches I was in,A single person,with a single piat did 50+ damage to a tiger. All variables were accounted for. It was a side shot,there was no dynamite or mines nearby and it wasn't multiple shots all at once. I was in third person and there was only one exposion. Meanwhile I've seen my own,and teammates shells dusting more than ever before. No damage,no hitmarker,no deflecting shot. Even enemy tankers said they didn't take damage dispite seeing the explosion,and the hole in the tank from the shell
    Which brings me to the Japanese Type 10. I shot seven planes with that,and made a hit,as they airburst. And only one did any damage. 40. I understand their airburst so they do less damage. But the triger radius seems much smaller than it was at the launch of the pacific,and six of my direct hits did no damage what-so-ever. Just,really. What the hell is going on with the game? It seems like every facet is falling apart,and of course, it has to be during the holiday break
  • rorypreston
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    according to the spreadsheet the mp34 is 8 btk at 100m + and the MG34 is 6 btk at 0-15m and 9btk at 100m+ aren't mmgs supposed to be mid - long range? the mg34 is useless now if it can be beaten at range by the mp34 without the need of a bipod - The weapons were so much better balanced before this and a lot of these decisions just make no sense - theres really no reason to use any other gun than the Stg now everything else either has too small a magazine or doesn't do nearly enough damage. I know a lot of BF fans have been ridiculous when it comes to boycotting the game and stuff but I'm really not playing as much now it's just not nearly as fun as it used to be. Rather have a one frame death than 4 headshot to kill any day of the week. the skill in BF is how to tactically position yourself so that you don't get mown down like that. I'm a big fan of the franchise and it's just so irritating to have my game stolen like this a year in. 
  • 19Romulus84
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not only you EA / DICE stole the game, I also feel robbed. KM-Lewis is also useful. Go back to TTK / BTK 5.0 because it was the best. I tried to play CoD a bit but BFV is a much better game. Apart from the graphics, which is only average, it takes a long time to aim and the weapon has no recoil, none.
  • ShinjukuGagball
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not only you EA / DICE stole the game, I also feel robbed. KM-Lewis is also useful. Go back to TTK / BTK 5.0 because it was the best. I tried to play CoD a bit but BFV is a much better game. Apart from the graphics, which is only average, it takes a long time to aim and the weapon has no recoil, none.
    COD missed it's target audience by a ton this time around. That game feels sluggish to play. I feel like BF is more like COD in terms of speed..

• Loqtrall
    12426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shadeblast wrote: »
    I see people complaining in a lot of ways that make sense or don't.
    All while sitting here and wishing they would address a topic I found disturbing since BFV started.
    Why is everyone that gets revived at full health? Squad revives completely misplace the position of medic on the battlefield.
    Especially thinking about the concentration of players. A Recon is no medic and should not miraculously handshake full-heal squadmates.

Why wouldn't people be revived to full health? Reviving actually takes time and effort in this iteration of BF.

In past games you could hold the defib down and 100 health revive multiple people in nearly an instant, and otherwise literally just press the button and revive someone instantaneously at 50 health. In BF1 you literally poked people with a needle and they were revived, fully healed.

Revives were instant in those games and were still capable of providing a full health revive. In BF5 even the medic class gets put in a revive animation and lock themselves into an action that puts them at near unavoidable risk.

In saying that, squad revives don't devalue a medic at all. In the time it takes a random class to squad revive one person, a medic could revive multiple squad mates AND random players, and the random squad revive by a Recon puts that player at a substantially higher risk of not pulling off the revive before dying because they're literally a sitting duck.

I can't tell you how many free kills I've gotten because I gunned a guy down at range and watched his Assault or Support buddy come try to revive them.

That's aside from the fact that if revives didn't grant 100 health, reviving on the front lines would be completely pointless, especially in smaller modes where the entire playable area is essentially the front lines. You already get revived in a prone state, if that state was also 50 health after a revive animation that took 3 entire seconds, the potential of your or the reviver getting killed before even being able to move is substantially higher, and revives in hairy situations would be substantially less worthwhile.

If squad revives took 3 seconds and only provided 50 health upon being picked up, it would literally be pointless to do it in any situatiuon outside of one of your squad mates getting randomly bombed by a plane in the middle of nowhere.

This is why I disliked instantaneous 50 health defib revives in BF4, they were the easy way out for a medic so the amount of times I'd get revived and instantly be gunned down before I could even get up off the ground because I could die in 2 shots is uncountable. If you're being revived in a hot zone with half health, you may as well have just stayed dead or respawned, as the chances of dying again and ultimately losing the single ticket for your team is crazy high.

At least as it is now in BF5, the enemy gets plenty of time to attempt to counter the revive while the person being revived gets up with enough health to have a fighting chance. It's a fitting reward for a mechanic that essentially locks you into an animation that is several times longer than the TTK of weapons in this game.
  • tektzby
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Oki update is so bad.

But for start i need clarify some thingies.

From my point of view, the instalment itself was quite MEH.
    AA guns basicaly stationary peashooters.
    Uniforms like from James Bond vilains closet.
    Realism of weapons.. i mean since when sten is beast (weapon stated as one of the most broken in history).
    Vehicles from different years in campaign (oki this is nitpicking but still).
    And still broken mechanic an models.
    Basicaly this instalment was made without any heart, that is what i think.

BUT

After few updates it was better than mediocre game what can be enjoyed with group of friends of yours.

And now this.. HONESTLY EA or DICE of WHATEVER THOUGHT THAT THIS WILL BE GREAT IDEA.. WHYYYYY??!!
    I am here like the player, gamer and advocate of battlefield serie not like someone who trolling.
    Who brought that idea about changes?
    That person most definitely never played game properly.
    Or that team/boyo/lass do not have anything to do, because this changes are borderline to sabotaging the game itself.

As someone who love the game i decided that (and even that is just spit in the sea) i will delete game.
    I will propably wait till next instalment because i saw BF5 as huge step´a´side but now i see it honestly like less than mediocre game.
    I must tell that BF5 right now is rubish (my point of view and by respones here not just mine).

You know what give me vietnam, same or even better like it was in BBC2 (i know many dont like BBC2 but heck i loved that vietnam dlc).

Just go back, stay a while and look and do proper battlefield..

Or it is try how to kill this one?
    In that case it was succesful on my side :sweat_smile:

PLEASE

p.s.:

BTW re-instal of BF5 is quite not on the table, thanks to Dice/EA im basicaly done with this one ;)
    (sorry for english not a first language of mine)

• Alexauldwan
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yupp guys, 99% of us want a TTK fix, but sadly EA & DICE are listening to the kaaaa-ching of money & not the kaaaa-ching of our guns. Loading times for maps are a joke too. When the pistols are killing more than your MMG you’ve got a problem. I’m outta here - had enough of this farce! 🤬 Raging! Not gonna spend another Dollar/Pound on this franchise until they actually listen to us & not the 9 year old newbies. Rant over!
  • IPSEEEEEN
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We need leave this game and let empty as protest.

Everybody who loves BF since first title, dont let die like this. Leave this game and uninstall. Its time to move to another game until EA-DICE revert TTK to old one.

This kind of bad decissions against majority of veterans players should have an energic response. Dont play it, or even better go to COD MW, dont play another BF or Origin game.

Worst BF ever, even worse than Hardline...

Not only TTK is crap now:
    - Only a few competent choices of weapons and equipments.
    - Bugs everywhere.
    - Planes+laggers=broken.
    - Lot of hackers who are very difficult to remove.
    - Balance system doesnt exist since launch.
    - Infestation of noobs who dont help team, just enjoy graphics as spectators.
    - FPS drops even with a NASA computer.
    - No rent servers system, no it doesnt exist you can "make" one and after that it dissapears easily...
    - Firestorm?? LOL
    - Rotation of FUN modes which arent enabled all time, why...
    - Lack of historic accuracy, some skins, bionic woman did you remember?? LOL
    - Poor cosmetic content, and premium cosmetic content is really expensive, insane¡¡¡
    - Lack of content since launch and even some finished conten which were cut without reason...
    - Archetypes, where?? Where are my paratrooper archetype?? No new archetypes since launch, boring.

This game was boring and now it is even more boring. Tragic end for a good saga, I wont buy next BF...

• Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tektzby said:

Realism of weapons.. i mean since when sten is beast (weapon stated as one of the most broken in history).

5.2/.2 Is bad.
    -
    But I'm going to stop you there. The STEN wasn't "One of the most broken". It was unweidly, uncomfortable and crude. But it worked fairly well. It's slow RoF lessened the jams,which were mostly attributed to poor quality ammo depending on who was isssued it where,and malf's were easy to clear, and repairing the thing in extreme circumstances was easy too.
    -
    Alot of source I've seen,summed up has boiled down to "It sucks to use,but it's dependable" And that follows through even to the surviving lot shot today.
    -
    A gun is still a gun,a bullet is still a bullet.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "We".
  • IPSEEEEEN
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "We".
    Ok