Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You are kidding yourselves. On PS4, largest community of BF players, the servers are basically the same lol. Dice needs a balance patch, but this game was never lighting up any charts.

I'd be so thrilled to hear where you get your statistics for player population in this game, on different platforms no less. At least Xbone legitimately has a "most played" section in their store where one can physically track whether or not it's in a higher or lower position on that list.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    to top it all off I've noticed spawning with no guns or ammo for about 20 seconds and being killed in that time - I've also noticed that occasionally theres a delay of around 2 seconds between pulling the trigger and the gun firing - no good having time to react if your guns don't fire -.-
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still enjoying the game ok.  I think 5.2.2 is an improvement over 5.2.  Guess I'm not as picky as some as to what the TTK is.  It's still a great game.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really hoping this is a "new coke" business tactic 
  • Pingoxoxo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please add this Dice.

+1,5 dmg per bullet all distances all weapons. So tired of seeing people get away with 2-7 hp left.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pingoxoxo said:
    Please add this Dice.

+1,5 dmg per bullet all distances all weapons. So tired of seeing people get away with 2-7 hp left.

This would not really help you. The 99 hits are not caused by the damage itself, but because you or the enemy steps out of a damage area. Like 3 hits within ten metres and one at 11 will make sure your gun deals 97-99 damage, you will need one bullet more, just as if you started at 11m. Giving each weapon X damage more across all ranges, will just make that happen at other ranges.
  • JamieCurnock
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing since the update and I'm not as bothered by the change as I first was. Still find it frustrating emptying bullets into people and them not dying but it's not the game breaking change it's being labelled as.

If anything this has resulted in my average kd going from 2 to around 3 or 4 in most games. The one thing I would say in favour of it is that I'm seeing less people get completely smashed on the scoreboard. The kd balance for most people looks to have improved so if they wanted to keep new players this may have worked, who knows for sure though.

In a nutshell it's made it easier to stay alive so im dying less than I was but getting just as many kills as before.
  • wildbam
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing since the update and I'm not as bothered by the change as I first was. Still find it frustrating emptying bullets into people and them not dying but it's not the game breaking change it's being labelled as.

If anything this has resulted in my average kd going from 2 to around 3 or 4 in most games. The one thing I would say in favour of it is that I'm seeing less people get completely smashed on the scoreboard. The kd balance for most people looks to have improved so if they wanted to keep new players this may have worked, who knows for sure though.

In a nutshell it's made it easier to stay alive so im dying less than I was but getting just as many kills as before.
    @JamieCurnock But did you avoid playing the big downgraded guns? Or do you still enjoy any SAR? 

This is weird I see people agree to the changes but they r not even close to favor the weapons that were made useless...
  • JamieCurnock
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wildbam wrote: »
    (Quote)
    @JamieCurnock  But did you avoid playing the big downgraded guns? Or do you still enjoy any SAR? 

This is weird I see people agree to the changes but they r not even close to favor the weapons that were made useless...

I'm not agreeing to the changes, I would prefer they reverted them but I don't find them as bad as I first did. This may well be down to the guns I use.

I don't tend to play with sar's, I prefer fully automatics so maybe I've not used those affected guns. I've noticed a big difference in the guns I do use but I've adjusted and like I said it's not what I want but it's not as bad as I first felt it was.

Guns I use are:
    Support - bren, bar, drilling
    Assault - stg 1-5, stg 44 & mas44 (very rarely)
    Medic - jungle Carbine, zk383, type 100
    Recon - Harry Enfield, trench/p08 carbine.
  • Pingoxoxo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Pingoxoxo said:
    Please add this Dice.

This would not really help you. The 99 hits are not caused by the damage itself, but because you or the enemy steps out of a damage area. Like 3 hits within ten metres and one at 11 will make sure your gun deals 97-99 damage, you will need one bullet more, just as if you started at 11m. Giving each weapon X damage more across all ranges, will just make that happen at other ranges.
    This is clearly for distance over 20+meters. So yeah close it wouldn't matter, but 1,5 dmg over distance is equal to one bullet less to kill.
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    Another week. Another ToW I've been forced so sit through
    -
    Another frustrated post. If guns are too short ranged for TDM,your guns have a balance problem. Hell the throwing knife has longer range than some of the SMG's now
    -
    For anyone still defending the changes,seriously. Ping the ground the next time you play. 20-30m you could run to in about two seconds, And try to tell me that's "average engagement ranges"?
    Post edited by Foxassassin on
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another week. Another ToW I've been forced so sit through-Another frustrated post. If guns are too short ranged for TDM,your guns have a balance problem. Hell the throwing knife has longer range than some of the SMG's now-For anyone still defending the changes,seriously. Ping the ground the next time you play. 20-30m you could run to in about two seconds, And try to tell me that's "average engagement ranges"?

I hate to say it, but you dont have to play for the TOW. As a matter of fact, they're using that to hook people and prey on FoMO mentality despite the game's terrible balance.
    I said this in another post. I kind of have to,yes. I do not want to miss content. And while they "say" they're going to put up weapons for CC,I know people that still can't buy chapter 4 or battlefest's weapons, and ontop of that,some people don't have fligers.
    -
    And that's just the weekly stuff. The chapter rewards,which I still haven't gotten the M27,have never been said if they're going to be released at all,which following trend from chapter 2 and the melee weapons,might be a no.
    -
    Even then,also, in another post, we need to stay vocal. If everyone upset just stops talking and complaining,they'll be even more complacent about keeping it. And it's not like I'm playing a multi hour session here. Burnt through the entire ToW in about a half hour. Several people in the servers I was in were doing the same. Player counts might still be fluctuating,but retention will continue to suffer

• SaintButtersS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Type2A prooves how broken the gunplay is right now. At mid range, a type2A beats a STG44 just because it shoots faster (At close range, no even funny how overpowered this is)
    And with supposedly long range weapons, there is no point taking fights at this distance because it will end up by you or your oppenent hiding and healing after beeing hit by 8+ bullets. What a waste of potential with this game, it''s sad. I don't even enjoy playing anymore... Dice, just revert TTK plz.

• Celsi_GER
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another week. Another ToW I've been forced so sit through-Another frustrated post. If guns are too short ranged for TDM,your guns have a balance problem. Hell the throwing knife has longer range than some of the SMG's now-For anyone still defending the changes,seriously. Ping the ground the next time you play. 20-30m you could run to in about two seconds, And try to tell me that's "average engagement ranges"?

I hate to say it, but you dont have to play for the TOW. As a matter of fact, they're using that to hook people and prey on FoMO mentality despite the game's terrible balance.

I love that you have said it, it's sooo true.
    The assignments and TOW bring people to sit in corners with dynamite trigger in their hands waiting for victims - instead of playing the objective.
  • RyleyMA61
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, this game was good not long after release... why choose now, after it's not fun at all and plays like any other drab shooter, does DICE decide to make the game "they want"

5.2.2 needs a hardcore mode or revert to 5.0

Otherwise, it's simply not playable as a Battlefield title. It's a close-quarters Destiny-jump fest  :'(
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Worst FPS and ww2 game I’ve ever played currently.