Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes were given bomb sights, fine, but for the love of god please stop them from OHK'ing land tanks on full health in pacific.

It's totally miserable being taken out on full health from something you often can't even see coming at you, and when you have removed from tankers all ways and means to try and evade, use cover, fire back, specs, the ability to exit fast, an engineer class. All we have left are luck shots if you drive up terrain and raise the fire arc which is like never going to happen against a half decent pilot that's targeting you, and you have so many planes now in this mode.  

The FF, LVT AA and SAA are crap, only good when used by mic'ed up squads or solo vs scrub pilots. They don't prevent what's happening in pacific when competent pilots are present CQ and mainly BT.  
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had another painful experience just finishing off the bugged tow to get the new smg felt like it was going on forever even though I knew I needed to be the squad leader.

Didn't try the gun out just relieved I didn't have to play anymore.

The number of times I was like HOW MANY BULLETS!!! and this gun used to be good! Had to go back to the same old 3 guns in the end.

Whent and played some private games on cod mw.
  • Foxassassin
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another week,another frustrated post.
    -
    The Type 2 is a problem. Not because the gun itself is a problem,but the gun balance is completely non-existent. There are two viable picks for medic right now. The Jungle carbine and the Type 2. While the rest of the weapons aren't inherently bad, there's absolutely no reason to pick them. 20m is a joke distance. Even longer ranged SMG's like the Mp34 and Mp40 still have no power at range. If you have to close the distance and charge in face first,why not just use the blender that's the Type 2? For anything longer than that,just take a Carbine. Tried to use the De lisle carbine today. It was awful. The slow bullet speed made using it outside of CQB range useless,and fighting inside of that means you're going to get torn up by automatics and shotguns. The tomboncino was a stable middleground...but I was having much more luck with the Jungle.
    -
    I had to stop myself again from trying to take shots at people outside melee distance because I knew all it'd do is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ them off and give away my position,which just led into more CQB combat as the people who otherwise would have been killed or wounded have no fear to charge around as they please.
    -
    Besides that, HEY, I didn't crash this week. Miracle. Some extreme stuttering and frame drops when towers blew up but nothing that bad

• Celsi_GER
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    (Quote)
    What if I don't care if its 5.0 or 5.2

If you really need an answer for this:
    Write an review with 3 of 5 stars, headline "I don't care", long text: "EA destroyed gameplay with latest update, but I don't care"
    Done.
  • wildbam
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     :o 
    still no announcement of reverting nor of an hardcore mode..  :#

since 5.2. I spend more time in the forums nowadays then Im playing the game.. ;/ @Braddock512
    @PartWelsh You said in another thread you ll meet the team. Did this already happen and did you address all the complains? We d like to know if there are any news of a roll back or a big change or even plans for a hardcore mode .. since we have those bullet sponges now..

my hopes start fading away....
  • 19Romulus84
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE what have you done with this game do you see it? There was to be a variety of weapons and in half of the conquests everyone is medic and they fly with Type 2A do you see it? As if you had the honor and want to save face you should restore patch 5.0 faster. You supposedly well only that in conquests such as havoc, Rotterdam, Narvik ... everyone runs with Type2A and has 3 times better results than others and for this everyone plays with this weapon. Dear God, you see and don't roar. I know you see it only now you don't have the courage to take it all back. God, my love, that I will not mention team conquests because you cannot play them completely because of what you have done, 16 players out of 16 are medics from Type2A, did you mean such balance and diversity? Congratulations. Then you played with different weapons now everyone plays in team conquests as well as on most conquests with one weapon Type2A. What have you done to this game? Is this your balance and is this your variety of weapons? I want to cry how you could do such a dirty thing that had the opposite effect to the intended one.

I die now a million times faster than the damned type2A than I died then from SOUMI. I hate you for that, then the ROF was balanced by recoil and accuracy and now it is balanced by damage which just works badly and I will not stop hating you until you change it. Now on all team conquests for 16 people 12 are medics with Type2A having K / D after 30/2 and on large conquests also on half of the map most play with Type2A and have K / D 50-70 / 10. That you balanced this game, let the balls hit me. Restore patch 5.0 completely only so you will save your honor and this game. This game is now broken completely and everyone is playing Typ2A. God, I hate you for this patch 5.2 and its hotfix 5.2.2, you have no idea. It turned out the opposite of what you wanted because the best players have 70 Typ2A kills and do not give the least chance to the rest. I play quite well and die a million times more often than when he was "old" SOUMI. Do you understand that I player with level 170 die 10 times more often and faster now than this Type2A than when it was SOUMI in patch 5.0. You wanted it?
  • ragnarok013
    3693 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    wildbam wrote: »

since 5.2. I spend more time in the forums nowadays then Im playing the game.. ;/ @Braddock512
    @PartWelsh You said in another thread you ll meet the team. Did this already happen and did you address all the complains? We d like to know if there are any news of a roll back or a big change or even plans for a hardcore mode .. since we have those bullet sponges now..

@wildbam DICE just returned to work this week so they are most likely looking at the telemetry data and feedback first before deciding on a course of action.
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I quit playing BFV a few weeks after 5.2 and so did four out of my five friends playing the game. If the changes to gunplay wouldn't have made me quit, lack of friends certainly would have.

I feel that the damage might be irreparable in a month or two, because I feel my interest waning already. 

It was a good game and I hope it will be that again.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11

@wildbam DICE just returned to work this week so they are most likely looking at the telemetry data and feedback first before deciding on a course of action.

Ahh the mythical telemetry data. The source of all knowledge about why this franchise went from having identity and a certain level of quality to...game as a service model, offering early access game experience with a AAA+ production pricetag.
  • ragnarok013
    3693 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Ahh the mythical telemetry data. The source of all knowledge about why this franchise went from having identity and a certain level of quality to...game as a service model, offering early access game experience with a AAA+ production pricetag.
    BlindChance in this case the telemetry data will show DICE how many people stopped playing post 5.2 which is the Churn data that drove the first TTK change and resulted in its subsequent reversion as well. Paired with the rather vocal feedback across multiple social channels and DICE will have a good idea of where the community is at both verbally and in practice.
  • 19Romulus84
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I after this amendment 5.2.2. I still play although I want to go back to 5.0 Some weapons can be played although these are just a few weapons for all classes. I don't need any telemetry data because I can see from the servers that fewer people are playing and they are completely different, weaker players. Yesterday in the conquest of Al Sundan I had 30/13 and the second did not even have 20 killings. https://zapodaj.net/887b58f6bcd02.png.html
    It has never been this way, I now declare my opponents more than once and it never happened to me before and I was good and now I am often very good. So surely many veterans left this game and a lot of new ones came. When I play often, e.g. Panzerstorm and see who I had to play with, my heart breaks because I know that the game will be torment and I play with 20 amateurs, it used to be more equal. I see it and say it from my own observations. The pool of players is completely different, they are much weaker and there are fewer servers, and team conquest has died and these are the facts that led to their changes.
  • Foxassassin
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

BlindChance in this case the telemetry data will show DICE how many people stopped playing post 5.2 which is the Churn data that drove the first TTK change and resulted in its subsequent reversion as well. Paired with the rather vocal feedback across multiple social channels and DICE will have a good idea of where the community is at both verbally and in practice.
    With all respect. It shouldn't take this long to look at the data and see they screwed up. It's been completely silent in this regard
  • Celsi_GER
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Because there is nothing they can say apart of "we screwed up. Again."
    As soon as they admit this, we will answer: "Then revert this crap".
    And that's a way they do not want to go, hell knows, why. So they prefer to ignore the problem and issue weekly debriefings and other useless crap as if there were no protesting community at all.
  • Kingofthehoods
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have found a good game to play while waiting: Red dead redemption 2. It's fantastic and it can last forever. And that's good because it seems it will take Dice forever to revert to 5.2
  • Mensrea831
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im not sure why i am even doing this since i know Dice isn't reading these but here we go anyhow. Since the changes in this 5.2 i feel as though the game has taken a turn for the worse. Ive played BF since bf Badcompany 2 and its been at least fun even through all the bugs. i used to play this game every day at least 2-3 hours a night to chill and have fun but ...since 5.2 the fun has disappeared and now i maybe will play 2 days just to finish the TOW (maybe). Tanks are armored beyond belief . Planes are back to being on infantry farm (thank you for this though. i did like the Ffuast because it punished me when i was reckless while killing infantry).
    the switch was made to "diverse" weapons and yet here we are using the same weapons minus the new Nambu a2. All i ever see is the Stg, Ribs...actually that's all i see. Even in my 1-2 days played a week now i hardly ever see carbines, semis, any medic gun but the nambu, soumi or any thing from the support class( the 20 rnd LMGs are the worst all around). Range play is discouraged now since is almost impossible to kill anything at 50m+ with anything but a sniper.
    The Spotting Discourages all tactical play with flanking or camping (though the camping did get a bit out of hand earlier). I had 3 friends lined up to buy and play this with me....but now i cant in good conscience tell them to get this due to the terrible state and poor health of the game( i went from full games constantly to maybe 20 on 18 on xbox if im lucky). I personally dont enjoy a company and wont encourage new consumers to buy a game that wont listen to its costumers.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member