Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3693 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    (Quote)
    With all respect. It shouldn't take this long to look at the data and see they screwed up. It's been completely silent in this regard
    @Foxassassin I am a rather vocal critic of the TTK change but they’ve only been back to work for 5 business days and it takes time to analyze all of the data and then come up with a plan of action, not to mention the buy off from stakeholders on that plan of action and approval of the wording of any subsequent messages to the community because those messages will be referenced in the future like Tiggr’s Reddit post from 1 year ago stating they’d never repeat ladt year’s TTK situation.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't even play BF5 yesterday.  Figure I already completed chapter 5.  Got them chapter 5 gold dog tags.  Also finished the TOW Friday early.  Nothing left to prove until the grease gun.  Then a week or two gap of nothing maybe.  That be the time to fire up RSP exclusive playlists and game modes then.  But as of now been having a blast on  7 days to die zombie game.
  • Foxassassin
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    With all respect. It shouldn't take this long to look at the data and see they screwed up. It's been completely silent in this regard
    @Foxassassin I am a rather vocal critic of the TTK change but they’ve only been back to work for 5 business days and it takes time to analyze all of the data and then come up with a plan of action, not to mention the buy off from stakeholders on that plan of action and approval of the wording of any subsequent messages to the community because those messages will be referenced in the future like Tiggr’s Reddit post from 1 year ago stating they’d never repeat ladt year’s TTK situation.
    And while I do appreciate your reply, this is really just otherwordly levels of confusion. There has been absolute chaos surrounding this,and you'd think that the first priority would be for -someone- to come out and say something. To get -something- out.
    -
    But all I've seen is some of the CM's over on reddit give the exact same responces as they have been,and Braddock's condescending lash out against "revert ttk" posts,while mostly ignoring detailed posts. Then the giveaway annoucements. And the new years crab rave thing. It feels like they are actively ignoring us. And trying to sweep this under the rug

• Foxassassin
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    I didn't even play BF5 yesterday.  Figure I already completed chapter 5.  Got them chapter 5 gold dog tags.  Also finished the TOW Friday early.  Nothing left to prove until the grease gun.  Then a week or two gap of nothing maybe.  That be the time to fire up RSP exclusive playlists and game modes then.  But as of now been having a blast on  7 days to die zombie game.
    I have an extreme love/hate relationship with 7days. Besides the devs being extreme jerks when it launched, using early access as a cover-all term for anything and everything, near complete redesigns of the game with each update, and the update themselves. But on the otherhand, it's one of the few games on steam that lets you pick whatever version you want to play without having to use the dev console. And the game itself is a lot of fun,even more if you have a group of friends to play with. 16.4 is the one I stay at. 17 sickens me
  • Blackidus
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tried to play last night on some smaller maps like Devastation but i had to quit. Type 2A´s everywhere. I could not even counter it with the 12G auto in those close quarters maps, you could go with the 12G after the 5.2 patch but after the 2A the shootguns are also rubbish. Quit the server and joined some Hamada and Panzerstorm instead, those large maps is the only way to go to avoid the 2A.

Other classes have nothing to counter it after 5.2.
  • GrizzGolf
    1323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    Tried to play last night on some smaller maps like Devastation but i had to quit. Type 2A´s everywhere. I could not even counter it with the 12G auto in those close quarters maps, you could go with the 12G after the 5.2 patch but after the 2A the shootguns are also rubbish. Quit the server and joined some Hamada and Panzerstorm instead, those large maps is the only way to go to avoid the 2A.

Other classes have nothing to counter it after 5.2.
    I'm shocked they haven't nerfed it yet 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    I have an extreme love/hate relationship with 7days. Besides the devs being extreme jerks when it launched, using early access as a cover-all term for anything and everything, near complete redesigns of the game with each update, and the update themselves. But on the otherhand, it's one of the few games on steam that lets you pick whatever version you want to play without having to use the dev console. And the game itself is a lot of fun,even more if you have a group of friends to play with. 16.4 is the one I stay at. 17 sickens me

I play 7 days to die on XBOX1.  Which natural has the game breaking MD5 bug that can wipe your base and erase anything you built or gathered.
  • I9sixty2
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol....how you didnt die  :smiley:
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    do the dev's actually look at this thread? @braddock512 @partwelsh
  • Foxassassin
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Also not a glimpse of news about a road map for chapter 6 yet.
    No news about anything, yet
  • Mensrea831
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    do the dev's actually look at this thread? @braddock512 @partwelsh

Lol lets be honest. They dont care to know what we like and dont like. They just want to sell games. But funny story we live in a youtube world and people check out what the top people say before buying so...kind of shooting themselves in the foot.
  • Mensrea831
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The data was already here long before 5.2 and 5.2.2 dropped.  We all were raging here with the patch notes days before the update.  Also two or more polls showed a great majority of over 80% hated and wanted ttk fully reverted back to 5.0.  Then DICE went about half way back a tad before their Holiday vacation.  Peak BF5 was 5.0 and the Pacific maps.  I'm near the top most matches anyway with 5.0 and 5.2 and 5.2.2.  But 5.2 and 5.2.2 killed off my tank mines.  Now need 4 to break a tank.  Besides maybe only 10 or so decent weapons to pick from.  When weapons are nerfed and not many to choose from gets lame.  Besides RSP was D.O.A. with no chapter or TOW progression.  Wont get to use that till Grease gun TOW  is over.  Also not a glimpse of news about a road map for chapter 6 yet.

Wait? There are 10 good guns? All i ever see now is an stg, nambu a2 and maybe a ribeylles
  • Celsi_GER
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mensrea831 wrote: »
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The data was already here long before 5.2 and 5.2.2 dropped.  We all were raging here with the patch notes days before the update.  Also two or more polls showed a great majority of over 80% hated and wanted ttk fully reverted back to 5.0.  Then DICE went about half way back a tad before their Holiday vacation.  Peak BF5 was 5.0 and the Pacific maps.  I'm near the top most matches anyway with 5.0 and 5.2 and 5.2.2.  But 5.2 and 5.2.2 killed off my tank mines.  Now need 4 to break a tank.  Besides maybe only 10 or so decent weapons to pick from.  When weapons are nerfed and not many to choose from gets lame.  Besides RSP was D.O.A. with no chapter or TOW progression.  Wont get to use that till Grease gun TOW  is over.  Also not a glimpse of news about a road map for chapter 6 yet.

Wait? There are 10 good guns? All i ever see now is an stg, nambu a2 and maybe a ribeylles

Drilling also still performs quite decent. But that's it.
  • DidoSexaBg
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    roll back ttk
  • SLUGysh
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hating this change - weapons like nerf guns outside elastic band range, and so few viable choices.  I still can't believe Dice did this just when things were getting better.  I'm still hoping it's all a bad dream. Perhaps I'll wake up and we'll be back to the old ttk and weapon balance.