Community Broadcast - First Look at Community Games

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    But with no TOW or chapter progression many wont use RSP.  So RSP is DOA until fixed with ranked progression.
    To be honest: the reasons for which and moments I want to use or play on RSP servers I really don't care about ToW progression etc ...

When I play at FNB or other community events, I don't care about things like ToW.
    Yeah some TOW's are lame like the plane paint job I didn't bother finishing cause I barely played that week. Started Wednesday this week before the new TOW of skip a spot on Chapter 5.  But i'm still gunning for chapter 5 though.  Which is daily till completed.  Stuck on the boring weapon paint jobs yet.  I want the new revolver and the new outfits near the end of the chapter.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    But with no TOW or chapter progression many wont use RSP.  So RSP is DOA until fixed with ranked progression.
    To be honest: the reasons for which and moments I want to use or play on RSP servers I really don't care about ToW progression etc ...

When I play at FNB or other community events, I don't care about things like ToW.
    Yeah some TOW's are lame like the plane paint job I didn't bother finishing cause I barely played that week. Started Wednesday this week before the new TOW of skip a spot on Chapter 5.  But i'm still gunning for chapter 5 though.  Which is daily till completed.  Stuck on the boring weapon paint jobs yet.  I want the new revolver and the new outfits near the end of the chapter.

ToW is not the real issue. The key element here is chapter XP and rank. There is no time really when it is not active, and achieving max rank requires regular and even rather excessive playtime. It is also capped at 8k per round, ToW itself is basically done in 2h per week.
    The difference is basically that they ramped up the XP needed for Chapter ranks, put actual content in there now, and that chapter bossters are purchaseable at steep prices in this game. That is the reason why they do not want progression there on custom servers, so you could max it out in every round through boosting and getting all assignments done.
  • tedrampart
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

NLBartmaN said:

And I would like to see a ping limit/Region lock option, otherwise the constant kicking of people will be a full time job ...

this is definitely something I'd like to see!
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks DICE.

This is the right way....finally.

Hype++
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Tides of War activities and Chapter Rank XP will not be earnable through Community Games."

Why this? It makes the whole thing dead on arrival.
    Dice thinks day has 48 hours and after you're done playing on community servers you gonna go to official one to do the same stuff but this time without penalty of xp and unlocks :D:D:D This is truly DOA 
  • Jaskaman
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will continue my comments.  Bans should be on the ban list, that has info who has banned and when. And it should be permanent list, not session based. 
    VIP: make VIP kick (aggressive join) as basic option and have a chance to have VIP queue to people who doesn't want to use VIP kick. Make sure you have at least 50 admins/50 VIP as you had in BF1.  But all this doesn't matter too much if you can't earn chapter XP....  Would be nice to have also paid servers, that stays online 24/7 with full feature set. Bring all BF1 settings as well... How about matchmaking to community servers?

• vcm0x
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    "Tides of War activities and Chapter Rank XP will not be earnable through Community Games."

Why this? It makes the whole thing dead on arrival.
    this ^^^

i can live with no ToW but no rank XP? i'm never touching these servers.

edit: looks like i'm wrong -- you CAN get normal XP as long as the server's not password protected (https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e6xv98/community_broadcast_first_look_at_community_games/f9uhy9y/)! it's chapter XP (for ToW) you can't get. check the reddit thread for dozens of replies/clarifircations from dice.
  • Noodlesocks
    3607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20 round max? So we still don't have real community servers in the game?
  • vcm0x
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • CT1924
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good start, but can't wait for damage control and weapon settings. Any time table on the upcoming additions?
  • alphajames5
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

ToW is not the real issue. The key element here is chapter XP and rank. There is no time really when it is not active, and achieving max rank requires regular and even rather excessive playtime. It is also capped at 8k per round, ToW itself is basically done in 2h per week.
    The difference is basically that they ramped up the XP needed for Chapter ranks, put actual content in there now, and that chapter bossters are purchaseable at steep prices in this game. That is the reason why they do not want progression there on custom servers, so you could max it out in every round through boosting and getting all assignments done.
    agreed sometimes you can complete in 2 hours or less, unlike this week it took most of the first day just to get on team that was out numbered 2 or more to one just to get the objective capture to start. lucky you if done in 2 hours this week
  • GeneralXIV
    304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, if I can't complete Tides of War challenges and unlock chapter XP in certain servers... I just wont use them? Not because I have any intentions of taking advantage of the system, just because they don't really serve any purpose for me otherwise. Does it really matter if a player is in a public lobby or in a community game if they are playing on the same map and same mode they would be doing anyway?
  • Braddock512
    1538 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    MEANING: You can set your rotation for up to 20 rounds, then it repeats. 

-Braddock512
  • ChuckMorris805
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Will any HARDCORE servers be running or do we make them ourselves?
  • ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512
    So that was the easy question to answer. But what are the answers to all the previous questions?

I don't see the point why we do not get tides of war XP in community games. If people want to boost, well let them. I really don't care.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    You can't play 32 players conquest because then Dice needs to build new map lay outs? Why can't we play it on the current layouts? Some maps will be great with 32 players. Lay outs don't need to get changed imho. Underground for example would be really good with 16 vs 16
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512
    So that was the easy question to answer. But what are the answers to all the previous questions?

I don't see the point why we do not get tides of war XP in community games. If people want to boost, well let them. I really don't care.

Boosting Chapter XP (which already is capped at 8k) could have a negative impact on people buying hcapter rank boosters, especially now, since there is actual gameplay content (weapons) locked behind them.