Community Broadcast - First Look at Community Games

Comments

• Per_Hashisblad
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

Boosting Chapter XP (which already is capped at 8k) could have a negative impact on people buying hcapter rank boosters, especially now, since there is actual gameplay content (weapons) locked behind them.
    I don't still see why they have to punish everyone else because of a few bad apples. I doubt many people will play if not getting TOW xp.

• ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    20 round max? So we still don't have real community servers in the game?
    MEANING: You can set your rotation for up to 20 rounds, then it repeats. 

-Braddock512
    So that was the easy question to answer. But what are the answers to all the previous questions?

I don't see the point why we do not get tides of war XP in community games. If people want to boost, well let them. I really don't care.

Boosting Chapter XP (which already is capped at 8k) could have a negative impact on people buying hcapter rank boosters, especially now, since there is actual gameplay content (weapons) locked behind them.
    So they spend development time (which is money too) for a feature which is DOA because they tell the players not to play on community servers because they will not get their chapter XP.
  • Paulharmo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since before the launch of BFV, the community has been asking for something specific - Rental servers.  They existed in BF4 and BF1, and allowed people to have a sense of community - joining THE server that they like to play on, that they have in their favorites.  Communities could foster a play environment that suited them and attracted others, and they did it by having persistent servers with at least a modicum of control.     

Community Games is months late, and was referred to endlessly by EA's online presence as RSP.  It is not RSP.  The servers are not persistent.  If you create a server, you have almost no control over it.  Pieces of the game are completely missing from it.

This is not a feature set that I wanted or asked for.  This is not what the group I'm in advocated for.  This is not what the community has been asking for since before day 1.  CG is at best incomplete, and more realistically DICE providing an almost finished product that shows extraordinary tone-deafness.

Because CG has so many features missing, I have little choice but to continue to play the game on a daily basis like CG doesn't exist.  Sure, we may do some one-off events using the temp servers, but the seemingly endless amount of time that we've been told RSP is coming has just led to disappointment.  

I guess, just like everyone else, it's off to MP Matchmaking until another game catches my eye more.  Why hang around when every major announcement is a disappointment?  The piece of the Battlefield series that kept my interest, and that of so many others, is clearly not of interest to DICE.  Their statements may lead one to believe otherwise, but their actions speak volumes.
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    VincentNZ said:

I don't still see why they have to punish everyone else because of a few bad apples. I doubt many people will play if not getting TOW xp.

Post edited by xX-ALeIaQ-Xx on
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    What is wrong about Stats padding? Ok it cannot be the right way to play a game. But seriously, they are the players that bought the game and want to be in first place and perhaps just rank up. This is bad?
    Nooooo, no e no. Lol this is fantastic, this means that there are players that want do that , they love the game.

For sure is a minor sin of cheating without countermeasures.

Sorry for that , but is the moment to say 

DICE PLEASE. -.-
    Post edited by xX-ALeIaQ-Xx on
  • pr4hS
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If we don't allow Chapter Ranking and Tides of War activities we're going to kill this feature instantly.
  • PsyDoc420
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give us HARDCORE how long we have to wait for this?! and still you dont give it to us, maybe after new year, should of been there on game launch already
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Checked the PC server browser just now, all the normal ranked servers fully populated and the new Community servers
    had 1/64. It will obviously take a while to get the new servers populated.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    RayD_O1 said:
    Checked the PC server browser just now, all the normal ranked servers fully populated and the new Community servers
    had 1/64. It will obviously take a while to get the new servers populated.

They aren't out yet?
    Edit: Oh sorry, they are out, just reread the article. I thought it would come tomorrow or with Wake on the 12th.
  • larry_54235
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    235Nuke said:
    I'm unsure what Dice is doing with Battlefield community games, but it has nothing to do with community. This does nothing to satisfy casual or competitive clans. If anything this is should be call BF Private events.  In its current state this is a game feature that will be rarely used.

1)I see some of these features are coming down the line, but you cant call something a community game unless I can name my servers after the community I am part of. Unless its automatically generated name is from my active platoon its not my Communities game but my private server.

2)In previous Battlefield games servers were persistent, and stayed active until they were empty, but by the looks of it after 20 rounds regardless of if the server is full or not it would appear the server shuts down. Please clarify if this is just the rotation starts over or if the server actually shuts down.

3)What does Session Only mean in kicking and banning players.  This is very ambiguous. Does this mean only people active in the server can ban, or spectators ban too? Derogatory chat can be banned in server by an admin easily, but its hard to verify someone is cheating unless you watch them on spectate mode.  

4)SO you cant earn weekly or chapter XP in a community server.  With this being the case no one will want to play in a community server for the first 1-2 months of a chapter.  Then for the last month of a chapter no one will play in the server Thursday through Sunday as they will be completing their weekly assignment. So essentially the servers will only be viable for 2 weeks every 3 months.

5)Special server browser.? Since this isn't integrated in the normal browser does this also mean that servers wont be seed by quick play users? This needs some clarification as aside from a few large communities no one is going noe one is going to be able to fill a conquest or 64 player server to max users.

6) The server only has one active admin at launch? If the admin is at work, asleep, eating with family, ect how is the other community members going to remove toxic people from the server? If someone comes in the server, starts dropping racist slurs(which the chat filter does nothing to stop) how are we to remove them? If they stick around for rounds because they cant be removed it now looks like my community condones this type of behavior. At EA play it was hyped up that there would be better ways to deal with toxicity.  The best way to remove toxicity is with an active admin force.

Features for the future:

7)List of moderators and VIPs. please allow this to be either priority que or active booting with out turning the server 'custom" ie not filled by the server browser. At the end of BF:1 it was horrible. Every time we had an admin join the server it randomly kick someone from the server. I saw the same person kick 4 times in one round when a few admins got off work or crashed mid round. Most admining is done from spectator mode to verify cheaters so please don't make booting an active player from the server instead of the first person in que the default. 

8)The lack of team switch until later on. One of the current major issues with BF:V is lack of server balance. Going through our friends lists to currently switch good players from one side to the other is hit or miss atm.  Please prioritize this feature ASAP.

235Nuke
    Battlefield Division leader of the Angels of Death

Toxic people would be the person using vulgar or profane language? Or toxic meaning a person using a tactic and or weapon that the server admin doesn't care for.  Asking this question in general because if a certain weapon or gadget is in the game it's not cheating. I for one have always hated the fact that certain functions aren't allowed in rented servers.  Ex: Don't blow up the admin Tank or you'll get banned".
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

-Braddock512
    So that was the easy question to answer. But what are the answers to all the previous questions?

I don't see the point why we do not get tides of war XP in community games. If people want to boost, well let them. I really don't care.

So they spend development time (which is money too) for a feature which is DOA because they tell the players not to play on community servers because they will not get their chapter XP.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you guys, as it is stupid. Yet the release of RSP, even in such a limited and rather useless feature is quite a boost in marketing/reputation, although nobody talks about it in the light of 5.2, so you can argue that as well.
  • EBS_BillBailey
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Set one up about 10 minutes ago and the server virtually self populates. Really easy to do too.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Set one up about 10 minutes ago and the server virtually self populates. Really easy to do too.
    Really? That’s good news. I look forward to checking this stuff out later tonight.
  • iebas
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     PACIFIC WAR ..have look.

• Qualis_MkII
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it was the last game from EA. Bye, crazy company, ill miss u...

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:

-Braddock512

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you guys, as it is stupid. Yet the release of RSP, even in such a limited and rather useless feature is quite a boost in marketing/reputation, although nobody talks about it in the light of 5.2, so you can argue that as well.

Not much talk of RSP is cause it released first this morning.  Besides we all knew back during the road map they mentioned no xp progression for TOW's and chapters. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game needs a proper RSP.
  • LordNice
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This feature of "Community-Games" is a waste of diskspace. srsly wtf. No progression  of Tides of War. No ingame server votesystem (kick/ban/mode/map). If you wanna waste your dollas, just invite your whole staff to a stripclub and get loads of coke. there is more sense in that than waste it on new old sh*** ideas  that f*** everyone even more up.
  • Wanion_Access
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    why no SWITCH TEAM BUTTON really....