Community Broadcast - First Look at Community Games

Comments

• LordNice
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    why no SWITCH TEAM BUTTON really....

signed
  • kregora
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    LordNice said:
    why no SWITCH TEAM BUTTON really....

signed

That one is under the options to be added later (tm)
    Post edited by kregora on
  • kregora
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I noticed is, that there is discussed option to alter/disable the 3D spotting settings.
  • COGSx86
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On Xbox how do we find the community games?

🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️😘💪🏼💪🏼
  • KillandGoSeek
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather pay for a psr like bf4 version. You get what you pay for.
  • Skree099
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to see this finally here. It will  really take off when the admin can set up the game the way he/she wants to. Bullet damage, ticket rate, vehicle respawn time, etc. Thanks!
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had some great rounds on a RSP server tonight, nice to be able to play with players with the same mindset and some skill and experience.
  • XRothbardX
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    another failure. so i guess its back to dice as usual then...this "feature' if you want to call it that is like firestorm 2.0, DOA with a lack of development, care, or concern. it seems like the team dedicated all their resources to the ttk weapon imbalance thing they have implemented instead of devoting time to a feature that the community has asked for since the games inception. the gun play was in a good state pre 5.2 and the pacific content drop brought lots of people back to the game and now we have this half baked attempt at community games in a game that feels nothing like it did a week ago. i just dont get it, we were starting to turn things around.
  • Unsinge
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give us back our sandboxes, sad that we have to ask for features from a decade ago. The server config/admin ability from bf2/3/4 was the only thing that saved the game from the exploits that you can't fix (and have proved is too expensive to fix).
  • tsem13
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    how can i company make an already very bad patch be much worse ????? Simple by just ruin everything the player base likes !!!!!!!!!!!!! 2020 will be the last year of bfv ......
  • NiklasG
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happy to see that it is finally here, but personally I do not see the use for it in its current state.
    I do however look forward to the coming update where it should be possible to create a proper hardcore mode again (no large clear red dots over the heads of enemies, no mini maps, friendly fire etc). I really hope for a return of what I played all the time (and only) in Bf1. I miss this kind of experience and hope for the best in the next update. 
  • NiklasG
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One more comment: 
    "Tides of War activities and Chapter Rank XP will not be earnable through Community Games"  - This I do not agree with. I think it you should let ecery one progress in the phase they like and in the game mode they like (including only playing hardcore, when this becomes possible). Make it like in Bf1 instead. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Not having ToW progression/chapter XP in any community games is completely absurd and heavy handed.
    Basically you are giving me the choice of either supporting my platoon's server or to only play on regular servers until I cap the chapter XP?!?
    So please explain how do community servers with "ranked" settings are more prone to boosting than any freaking regular server? If you are worried about something like the "hotwire servers" then just put some reasonable cap on the chapter XP one can get per round on the community servers or just do a crackdown on such servers, between reports, snitching and finding them on server search, I do not understand why would it be hard to do so? You could even recruit some volunteer "server police" to deal with these issues.
    This better change ASAP or for many people the community servers are Dead on Arrival.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Not having ToW progression/chapter XP in any community games is completely absurd and heavy handed.
    Basically you are giving me the choice of either supporting my platoon's server or to only play on regular servers until I cap the chapter XP?!?
    So please explain how do community servers with "ranked" settings are more prone to boosting than any freaking regular server? If you are worried about something like the "hotwire servers" then just put some reasonable cap on the chapter XP one can get per round on the community servers or just do a crackdown on such servers, between reports, snitching and finding them on server search, I do not understand why would it be hard to do so? You could even recruit some volunteer "server police" to deal with these issues.
    This better change ASAP or for many people the community servers are Dead on Arrival.
    Connecting MTX (that also can be bought) to chapter XP and ToW makes that impossible.
    Those rewards are "calculated" by hours and effort needed.

The effort and time to get those rewards can be lowered a lot on customized servers (by certain settings) and with that lower the chance a player might buy those rewards after the Chapter/ToW weekly assignment ends.

If we had payed DLC and Premium, things would be different, but now they have to make money from MTX for DLC, so they need to "protect" it.

Also one of the reasons I prefer payed DLC, payed RSP and Premium above MTX only.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Connecting MTX (that also can be bought) to chapter XP and ToW makes that impossible.
    Those rewards are "calculated" by hours and effort needed.

The effort and time to get those rewards can be lowered a lot on customized servers (by certain settings) and with that lower the chance a player might buy those rewards after the Chapter/ToW weekly assignment ends.

If we had payed DLC and Premium, things would be different, but now they have to make money from MTX for DLC, so they need to "protect" it.

Also one of the reasons I prefer payed DLC, payed RSP and Premium above MTX only.

Even that makes little sense, as chapter XP is capped at 8k per round, if you really want to boost you would still need to put an immense amount of time into it, if you need like 1.5 million points to reach 40. And that is time spent on a random server running around capping flags until you reach the cap and then you will still haven't finished the round unless carefully orchestrated.
  • trip1ex
    5219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    FYI:  The next wave of features to be added to Community Games includes 'changing the bullet damage model.'  
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it ,but it needs the ability to create a link that we can share between us and them
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    FYI:  The next wave of features to be added to Community Games includes 'changing the bullet damage model.'  

Doesn't help unless it is a flat modifier, while TTK 0.25 also consists of recoil and ROF changes. You just create a more perverted version. And if you could have TTK 1.0, people would likely set-up a HC variant with no spotting and minimap, which is also a rather perverted set-up.
  • 19Romulus84
    102 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What has DICE done with BFV goes beyond human concept? What they did with the balance of weapons is simply incomprehensible, for me this game does not exist. DICE shot himself in the knee with his indulgence pistols for plastic balls. Because that's how the gun behaves in this game. Shock and disbelief. As before, ROF was balanced by recoil and accuracy, which was good and worked well, and now these idiots invented that ROF would balance injuries. I remember, because I played 800 hours, how the statistics of accuracy and stability of most weapons looked like then, and how they look now. They simply went brazenly up at most weapons. Now these weapons are lasers because they have no recoil, but lasers from indulgence because they do no damage. For me it is a tragedy I have a mourning, such a well-balanced game so spoil and destroy. This game is unplayable for me. Let the morons with DICE play paintball guns themselves.

I am sorry but I am full of anger and anger. I would have followed the players in your studio in 1000 or more people and protested until successful. Either you give us our game or files from before this appalling update and we're doing a parallel game on our only good TTK. How is it possible that after a year the dealer comes home and says that he likes it so much and now he will change the engine with a capacity of 1.5 to 1.0, which will cause me to lose 40 horsepower. Digital distribution should not be anything different from the usual and I hope EA that it will eventually force you on the market. Shame on the company, such mean things do. This is not an exaggeration but a good analogy. If Europe / USA had fairly independent and independent courts, then you would look at it, you would get a financial penalty or order to return the cash for a game that is not the same game, so that you start thinking what you are doing there. I am so outraged and furious how can I change the game after a year that is rubbish? You secured yourself with your contracts because you think you have the money, you can do all this and you, veterans, did such a dirty thing before Christmas. You should fall under shame, only you have no shame, only money can count, you are pathetic. At that time it was possible to play with all weapons, now you can't play any. 

As you read this, know that you have completely destroyed the game we loved. You have a sin, so this is a crime for me what you did to this game. I will never return to this game after patch 5.2, unless you undo this damned, fatal, evil, disgusting patch. The game before patch 5.2 and after it is hell and the sky are completely different games. Man, take here and read the thread what people wrote before your patch and what they write after. We warned, begged, kept begging, we do not listen to anyone. Forget about cosmetic changes. Take this patch to the trash, admit it, have courage and make patches as before, but patch 5.0 because patch 5.2 is useless. This game has died for me and for others, if you do not restore what I was to this, this game can not be called anymore, I will not go back NEVER. Put this survey in now, do you know where? Where the sun doesn't set. You didn't listen, you don't listen and you won't listen. Shame. Thank you.