Community Broadcast - First Look at Community Games

Comments

• ViolentMinds
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to play 4p start games again, and the possibility of 16 or 24 player conquest again like BF3 days so its not just a clusterfk. But more emphasis on strategy and teamwork and actual play styles instead of run and gun mindless gaming. Sticking custom servers under some hidden menu no one will ever go to doesn't exactly promote healthy player counts in the game as was a big downfall of BF1. Still don't understand why they had to take a good recipe and use BF1 and BFV as a trial and error experiment but so be it. 
  • hogemon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    K/D ratio filter is also required as before, so we can eliminate cheaters easily.
  • Hawxxeye
    7570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    NLBartmaN said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    But with no TOW or chapter progression many wont use RSP.  So RSP is DOA until fixed with ranked progression.
    To be honest: the reasons for which and moments I want to use or play on RSP servers I really don't care about ToW progression etc ...

When I play at FNB or other community events, I don't care about things like ToW.

NLBartmaN as one of the lead admins and founders of FNB I care about TOW being active in my event as do many others. TOW progression definitely needs to be active in community servers. I could care less of some less honest people boost TOW, it's just cosmetics and the total health of the community is more important than stopping the extreme minority of our community who will find ways to boost regardless.
    Have the admins of the FNB already attempted to retort to DICE about this situation?
    Your input have to mean something to DICE, unlike that of people like me.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Unsinge
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

As you read this, know that you have completely destroyed the game we loved. 
    To be fair, they did this in BF1, and continue to experiment in BFV. They don't realize that the game only succeeded in BF1942 - BF4 BECAUSE of the ability to self-manage the game (and other players) via running our own servers.
  • Unsinge
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hogemon said:
    K/D ratio filter is also required as before, so we can eliminate cheaters easily.
    Cheats/hacks would not be as lucrative if we had managed servers like before. I never played 'vanilla' DICE/EA servers because they weren't managed - but that's all we have with BFV - the experience sucks most of the time.
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Like everything else with this game Dice made promises that they are unable to keep.  Unless you are setting up clan battles or scrims.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've launched the game last night just to see how the player base looks for this and it's a DOA :D
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    "Feature" is quite limited. Can work for "clan" matches but not much else.
  • tchort187
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just excited to be able to change the bullet damage scaling finally, can't wait for hardcore servers! Been waiting for a possible hardcore mode since the game came out.
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    CrashCA said:
    Yes, it's a bit limited  :smile: However we are missing quite important features like Move a player, set next map, restart map -those are needed for the clan matches (and also for the community servers especially move a player-function). 
    Then we can continue for the multiple admins(coming soon), VIP (Coming soon), custom names (coming soon), able to set server to favourites and a possibility to people to start a server from favourites without creator going there first. Kick/ban needs a reason list as well. And bans should be on the permanent list. Would be nice to get a separate menu to the main game to community games ?
    Then TOW progression-that is needed indeed. I know the function is free, but it should be usable also as a public server. Of course, it's good to have this feature now and I'm happy we have this now- better than never but it really should be there at the launch or near the launch :smiley: Community games matchmaking would be nice...
    And those needed server settings from previous titles: Able to set a server timer, damage, turn off classes/weapons, turn off killcam, turn off vehicles, set tickets 25% to 400% at least, able to set weather mode permanent (like in BF1), unlimited ammo (fun for the events). Then those missing: map vote function, midround balancer etc. 
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    We can say this function is quite limited indeed. I had a long response but it disappeared after I edited it... Unfortunately. I will make a new one later. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman said:
    CrashCA said:
    We can say this function is quite limited indeed. I had a long response but it disappeared after I edited it... Unfortunately. I will make a new one later. 
    Message a mod to unblock it. This forum has a stupid quirk that it considers spam something that is edited often

• GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No ToW progression?

As long as we don't change certain rules that would allow for boosting XP then we should be allowed progression for ToW. Surely that's possible, otherwise I don't see much of a reason to join a custom server over official ones.
  • JoeCCox
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Third attempt at writing this comment to express my concerns but I'm realizing I'm putting in more effort than Dice does to creating quality content that people want/enjoy. Honestly, this game has gone down the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯*er; if you like any of the old Battlefields, you'll hate this one. The Battle Royale (Firestorm) still sucks for a laundry list of reasons (1000 bullets to kill, vehicles and weapons that are useless, no respawns when your team gets thirsted, etc); Dice pretends to release all this free shi* but its utterly meaningless garbage that they're hoping will keep people playing; while the character movement and interactable gestures (revive, healing, ammunition) feels great, the gun, vehicle, and environmental destruction are all horribly off and will make you think WWII was a mediocre game of tag involving only the Brits, Germans, Japanese, and Americans; they haven't released a hardcore mode nor released enough new content to keep the game lively or fun; they keep dampening the weapon damage to accommodate the small influx of Fortnite losers who get shot out in the open because they're idiots and can't rely on building a 6 story tower anymore; they have turned every good aspect of Battlefield against itself.

If you're reading these forums thinking about buying BFV, don't. Go buy the new CoD Modern Warfare if you're looking for a multiplayer FPS with large-scale battles (CoD now has Ground War which is like conquest just fun cause it's not horribly broken like BFV; maybe the respawn system but its still better than BFV rn) or Hunt:Showdown if you're looking for a new battle royale type game. BFV is broken, and instead of letting people take the already great aspects of the game and allow players to play them how they'd like (rentable servers), BFV keeps trying to make broken structures, mechanics, and patches that just keep making it worse. The worst part is, the next BF game won't be till 2022, which means A) we're stuck with this trash-a** battlefield, and B) do I really wanna spend another $60 knowing the next BF will turn out like this or is it time to call it quits? 
  • creepNpeep
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I couldn’t care less about progression, rank, medals. Ribbons points etc.

All I want is a game that’s fun to play, in the way I want to play it.
    If community servers are free to use/ setup then that is a big plus for me.

I saw the community server option yesterday after the update.
    Not sure if it came with the update or whether I hadn’t seen it before.

I selected it and saw one server.

I also noticed that you couldn’t view the parameters of the server.
    Is this a glitch or do they just not allow you to view the server settings?
    Seems odd if you can’t.
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This was released in early Dec. with the TTK mess, so not surprised it was missed. "Community Games" is a seriously lacking RSP. You can set very little and server vanishes once empty. Thou, you and only you can save the settings for next time. The rest is "Coming SOON™" or not.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited February 5
    It is important to get the message across that most people want a full progression to community games with practically untouched rules.
    You only stand to win if a lot of Community games make more people want to play the game more.
    At things are now the only people who use the CGs are those who make some tournament of a sort or people who could not care less about the tides of war chapters