Community Broadcast - First Look at Community Games

Comments

• Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    Hawxxeye said:
    It is important to get the message across that most people want a full progression to community games with practically untouched rules.
    You only stand to win if a lot of Community games make more people want to play the game more.
    At things are now the only people who use the CGs are those who make some tournament of a sort or people who could not care less about the tides of war chapters
    I absolutely agree and this is something PartWelsh and I have pushed for with the Community Games team. As soon as we get an update from them on the next steps for Community Games, we'll share those details with the community.

-Braddock512
    Its good to hear, and we are looking forward for this, servers need to be set to favourites and able to start without  creator going there.  Now it's practically impossible to run a public community server even if you invite 12 friends, 64 P server takes 2-4  hrs to get full  if you are running OP Underground and when 1 unbalanced round strikes, your server is empty. Running other maps or modes is basicly impossible... A lot of reasons for this, Chapter XP being disabled, servers are temporary, no favourites....  
    Functions missing : Move a player, restart round, next map, access to server settings, VIP, Multiple admins etc.... It's glad to hear that this is being pushed but why process is this slow? First comment was that after 1st version there will be new version of Community games at January and with roadmap... We feel like we are forgotten.... 
    Next BF game should have proper RSP at the lauch and you can see the difference :)BF4 is still quite popular considering the age, and only reason for this is community run servers. with Procon control  :) 

• creepNpeep
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I had a look at making a community game.
    You can’t adjust any settings at all.
    All you can do is select games, modes and player numbers?!

What gives?!
  • mesterKG
    142 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    So I had a look at making a community game.
    You can’t adjust any settings at all.
    All you can do is select games, modes and player numbers?!

What gives?!

It's the first release.. Imo, it's like a test of the infrastructure back-end stuff. Once that is solid, the settings will be added.

Would be cool to have ssomemore info though. Van we expect anything in 6.2?
  • Hawxxeye
    7570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Hawxxeye said:
    It is important to get the message across that most people want a full progression to community games with practically untouched rules.
    You only stand to win if a lot of Community games make more people want to play the game more.
    At things are now the only people who use the CGs are those who make some tournament of a sort or people who could not care less about the tides of war chapters
    I absolutely agree and this is something PartWelsh and I have pushed for with the Community Games team. As soon as we get an update from them on the next steps for Community Games, we'll share those details with the community.

-Braddock512
    If you feel like you need some extra ammo to make that appeal you can always pass to the community a survey about the community games. I am sure that players from both these forums and other related websites will be more than happy to suggest and/or support  changes that could make the community games the most beloved part of the game.
    Good and desirable changes will always get the goodwill they deserve (and vice versa)

Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • CT1924
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

-Braddock512

Thanks! Would really boost community games.
  • DDU_ReapersRage
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How's this going?
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Radio silence 2 1/2 months later, and coming up on 16 months from release, with no truly admin-able servers
  • creepNpeep
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Radio silence 2 1/2 months later, and coming up on 16 months from release, with no truly admin-able servers

Sounds about right.
    I’ve given up with this game until I see this implemented.
    That or hardcore mode.
    I’m not holding my breath.

PS5 will be out before then.
    In which case I’ll hopefully be playing older BF titles again.
    You know... when BF was good to play 🙄
  • I_Debott_I
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played Battlefield V much lately, but now that I'm playing regularly again I thought I'd try out Community Games for myself. :)

Now, aside from the fact that there aren't a whole lot CG being created in the first place (what can you do whenn players don't use this cool feature, right?), but I also find myself getting insta-banned from every other CG-server that I want to join. :(

Is this a problem on my end or are these servers bugged somehow? Oo
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be a cool feature if it was more functional.
    If bans happen on all servers likely server issue. I have tried it and found it to be no where near what is needed.
  • CrashCA
    Progress  !!
    thanks for update, Braddock
  • Hawxxeye
    7570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    ToW and Chapter progression now available in Community Games.

It must had been a tough battle. Now what is left is to be able to give custom names to the community game servers and the right servers will be full of life.
    As others said bellow , this should had been something to declare proudly as the highlight of the patch
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That is a huuuuuge change. Well done that man/woman who signed that off. I know people want more options, but at least now more people will be enticed to play on community playlist servers
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Holy cow! This should be announced big time so people become aware of it! Nice!!
  • fragnstein
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Now this statement is definitely worthy of your avatar
  • mesterKG
    142 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great news, though I suspect the lack of use of community games is due to lack of control not lack of tow progression. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. Cheers!
  • Per_Hashisblad
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Great! Question still is, when do we get the options to change it hardcore etc?
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 6
    mesterKG said:
    Great news, though I suspect the lack of use of community games is due to lack of control not lack of tow progression. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. Cheers!
    This is a piece of good news indeed. I think TOW progression was the first important part, then there are things like: Servers need to be set to favourites, servers need a custom name, not an origin access name when ppl use server browser they should see their favourited ones, the only problem is that servers are temporary so it's harder with this system. Having servers online 24/7 would help with this a lot. And of course, we need BF1 RSP settings and functions to have it running :) 
    Also when you set your server online, no one knows that so they do not go to look into it from server browser unless they know when to look... I think BFV could note about community servers online in the main menu or just add community servers for matchmaking queue... 
    Anyway, it's a good start to add TOW progression as it should be in the first place :)