Community Broadcast - First Look at Community Games

Comments

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman said:
    mesterKG said:
    Great news, though I suspect the lack of use of community games is due to lack of control not lack of tow progression. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. Cheers!
    Having servers online 24/7 would help with this a lot. 
    This is the most important part about custom servers and has to be addressed asap.
    Agreed. I could never really understand why they did away with 24/7 servers where you could have your list of favourite servers etc.
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also, now Community games is following only official server starting requirements, also in password protected servers, we can't make 4P, 6P, or 8P starting unless it's an official setting. 
    I do not know do everyone know that Chapter XP is now on, or maybe it's because no one knows when Community games are online -It's a bit easier to start a server now but we are missing so many functions including Custom server name, multiple admins etc. And of course missing favourites, move commands, VIP etc. 
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Player start likely related to allowing XP, so more issues with the patch.

I have walked away, hands in the air, shaking my head.

Will check back weekly but hold little hope
  • CT1924
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So when do we get our first look at private servers? Still waiting.
  • VladimirTrumpin1
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    even less features than BF1s RSP program. and no tides of war XP earning??? whoever thought this was good idea, fire them, hire them, and then fire them again
  • alphajames5
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Has this ever happened to some one else?
    Your region has reached the maximum number of community games allowed to run at the same time message when trying to start a community game?
    funny thing is I cant find a single community game running either

• CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    XP is earned since 6.2 claims EA
    Your region has reached the maximum number of community games allowed to run at the same time message when trying to start a community game?

No to message, yes to not being able to find any community games
  • Braddock512
    1538 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    CrashCA said:

I've escalated the error message of trying to creating a Community Game.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512
  • alphajames5
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:

I've escalated the error message of trying to creating a Community Game.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512
    Thanks Braddock512 
    this just started happening to me in North America about 4pm CST today do know it was working fine earlier today
  • CrashCA
    I have had issues with no Community Games in server browser for over a week.
  • Braddock512
    1538 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    CrashCA said:
    I have had issues with no Community Games in server browser for over a week.
    Can you clarify a bit, Crash? Like, you don't see any Community Games from other players or you're unable to make any? What platform are you on and what region?

-Braddock512
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i haven't seen any community games for weeks now (at least 5) in the server browser i just thought no one is bothering with the sad husk the RSP has become....
  • OskooI_007
    1292 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    Are you guys using the filter for community games? DICE put it in such an obscure location that most people don't even know about it.

bfv-2020-01-07-19-00-49-834-LI.jpg
  • BeastofBourbon84
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Are you guys using the filter for community games? DICE put it in such an obscure location that most people don't even know about it.

bfv-2020-01-07-19-00-49-834-LI.jpg

Yes I checked again today.
    Reset the all filters
    Set show to "community games"
    Included open slots 0

Result 1 game

No idea if it's not working right or there simply are none but that's what I got on a Thursday evening in Germany.
    Start of a new tow weak so I'd say peak time.
  • Tisrok45
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not seeing a single community game here either.
    North America - PC - Filter set to "Community Games" and all other filters blank.

Waited over a year to buy the game - my standard procedure for BF games to get the kinks worked out.
    Much to my surprise-I can't find a single private game, the campaign crashed on me probably a dozen times despite only being a few hours long.. Then I  hop online and find out there's no hardcore options (the only mode I play with a big dedicated community that's been playing hardcore on every game since Bad Company...)
    Back to BF1 🤷‍♂️
  • CT1924
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see em either.
  • CrashCA
    On PC, search for community at varied time of day and different days returns none. Could be as SunSlayer states but none seems weird.
    Have not tried to create one since first week of availablity
  • soupy48
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Seems to be working for me. I see them every once in a while.
    Was in one today.

PC North America.
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Tisrok45 said:
    Not seeing a single community game here either.
    North America - PC - Filter set to "Community Games" and all other filters blank.

Waited over a year to buy the game - my standard procedure for BF games to get the kinks worked out.
    Much to my surprise-I can't find a single private game, the campaign crashed on me probably a dozen times despite only being a few hours long.. Then I  hop online and find out there's no hardcore options (the only mode I play with a big dedicated community that's been playing hardcore on every game since Bad Company...)
    Back to BF1 🤷‍♂️
    Remember that servers are temporary, when server is empty it dies from the list. Community games has to be checked many times a day because matchmaking doesnt bring to those. 
    But I know the problem -when we set up a community server, it's hard to keep it running and people do not join there because they do not look community games all the time. 
  • NoHack9F
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Please, also dont try to inactivate progression and ToW. Because without of it, the community game never being populated. And also let us as Admin can enable Votekick feature, today, we are struggling to make our server populated/free from cheaters and toxic player.