Community Broadcast - First Look at Community Games

1234568»

Comments

• NoHack9F
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman said:
    Tisrok45 said:
    Not seeing a single community game here either.
    North America - PC - Filter set to "Community Games" and all other filters blank.

Waited over a year to buy the game - my standard procedure for BF games to get the kinks worked out.
    Much to my surprise-I can't find a single private game, the campaign crashed on me probably a dozen times despite only being a few hours long.. Then I  hop online and find out there's no hardcore options (the only mode I play with a big dedicated community that's been playing hardcore on every game since Bad Company...)
    Back to BF1 🤷‍♂️
    Remember that servers are temporary, when server is empty it dies from the list. Community games has to be checked many times a day because matchmaking doesnt bring to those. 
    But I know the problem -when we set up a community server, it's hard to keep it running and people do not join there because they do not look community games all the time. 
    We really need to make a new trend among community and make community server has same adventage like DICE servers. In Examples: keep the player coming to get ToW, Experience point,CC and everything. We also need giving our customer / player inside manage the game itself when we as Admin turned off the game, like votekick or report to the Admin to make community powerful enough to bring an healthy game without cheating issue / toxicity.
  • DANNYonPC
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    6 months later, Will these things actually make it into the last patch? 
  • Braddock512
    1538 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    DANNYonPC said:
    Depends on what you mean by "last patch", as there seems to still be some confusion regarding the whole process.

We had an update last week, there's an update in June with content, and we have already stated there will be an update for Community Games to fill out the suite of tools we've previously mentioned will be coming to Community Games. 

-Braddock512
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DANNYonPC said:
    Depends on what you mean by "last patch", as there seems to still be some confusion regarding the whole process.

We had an update last week, there's an update in June with content, and we have already stated there will be an update for Community Games to fill out the suite of tools we've previously mentioned will be coming to Community Games. 

-Braddock512

don't be mad but you can't expect the community to believe anything anymore until it is actually implemented especially everything past the june-patch. most here have been burned 3 times too much at this point.
    also i wouldn't expect much praise as well since it has been months now since community-games came into the game and the state they were/are in is just a shamble at best.
    i aprechiate the effort sadly too little too late as time has proven
  • Braddock512
    1538 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

don't be mad but you can't expect the community to believe anything anymore until it is actually implemented especially everything past the june-patch. most here have been burned 3 times too much at this point.
    also i wouldn't expect much praise as well since it has been months now since community-games came into the game and the state they were/are in is just a shamble at best.
    Did I say I was mad? No. Did I ask for praise? No. 

If your only intention is to continue to sow discord in this community, you won't be part of these forums much longer. You've had more than enough warnings and minor suspensions. 

-Braddock512
  • CT1924
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get more options? Or do I need to adjust the code on the server? Probably time to mod...
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Did I say I was mad? No. Did I ask for praise? No. 

If your only intention is to continue to sow discord in this community, you won't be part of these forums much longer. You've had more than enough warnings and minor suspensions. 

-Braddock512

i did not mean it in a literal sense and was more reffering to the figure of speech.
    again never intended to reffer to you in person more to the entire situation. my intention was not to throw jabs at you or anyone in particular. sorry for the misunderstanding
  • Braddock512

i did not mean it in a literal sense and was more reffering to the figure of speech.
    again never intended to reffer to you in person more to the entire situation. my intention was not to throw jabs at you or anyone in particular. sorry for the misunderstanding
    I appreciate the reply. 

Honestly, RSP/Community Games/Community Servers has been something I've been passionate about since before BF3. What we had in BF3 and BF4 was exactly what the community needed to build their subcommunities, and something similar (or very close to it) is what I've been pushing for since BF1 RSP. I know how frustrating it has been for the player communities and platoons within the BF community, and I've shared that frustration with our various teams. 

-Braddock512
  • X_Sunslayer_X

I appreciate the reply. 

Honestly, RSP/Community Games/Community Servers has been something I've been passionate about since before BF3. What we had in BF3 and BF4 was exactly what the community needed to build their subcommunities, and something similar (or very close to it) is what I've been pushing for since BF1 RSP. I know how frustrating it has been for the player communities and platoons within the BF community, and I've shared that frustration with our various teams. 

-Braddock512

well i can tell you i know how it feels to keep telling ppl how to better anything and they will not listen. but maybe the lesson has been learned and things will turn around in BF2021
  • Jaskaman
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 19

I appreciate the reply. 

-Braddock512
    Thank you for that. Indeed  BF3/ BF4 and Hardline (PC) had the all the needed functions (API) that were greatly controlled by Procon or similar tools. BF1 RSP had the minimum needed to host the server. And we will hope that next BF game will have proper RSP at the launch...  Of course we are still hoping for needed functions coming for BFV... 
  • ErrOrZ48
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New Year with more information on the continued work of Community Games.<<<< cancelled ? Past 6 months already