Spotting through smoke

PeaceWeaver
210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Speaking as someone who plays medic a lot, this is pretty game breaking.

https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e6wmvs/theres_no_point_in_using_smokes_anymore/

PLEASE fix this, Dice.

Comments

• DaMutha1
    1509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did notice that to my annoyance last night.  Got shot right through about 3 fresh smoke grenades a few times.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope DICE is planning to roll out one last patch before Christmas, because if they just leave the game in this state, there will be a lot fewer people left when they come back in January.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind the new weapon balance but being able to spot through smoke is not good at all. To me this should be a top priority to get fixed. Smoke plays such a huge role in BFV.
  • PeaceWeaver
    edited December 2019
    I was amazed today by the sheer number of times I was able to passively spot other players through thick clouds of smoke. I also had multiple suspicious deaths behind smoke cover (not the typical spray n’ pray MMG/SMG/LMG deaths behind smoke that I experienced previously — these were SAR/BAR/SLR deaths from close to medium range behind smoke).

Please, please fix this. Smoke is a wasted gadget and a wasted squad reinforcement at the moment.
  • PeaceWeaver
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont mind the new TTK, hell I may even prefer it over the old TTK, however being able to spot, and be spotted through smoke will make me leave the game. It straight up ruins any match youre in, and whether youre on the receiving end or not, its just not fun or right.  This, among the lack of a team balancer, is the only thing thats breaking and ruin the game for me.
  • AmosBurton_GER
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same for me. MAYBE I could adapt to the changes on weapons, but every single change they did on the spotting system is unacceptable and I stopped playing the game at once.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Friend and I came back thanks to the Pacific maps. We both use smoke a lot. This is totally inexcusable and there is a legit debate about TTK etc. but who the HECK asked to able to see through smoke?

Been a fun month of BF but if this isn’t fixed quick we’re out. Again.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And it's definitely not only smoke.

In my several hours of time with the update, I saw enemies spotted through smoke, solid walls, fences, under water while diving, through trees because their gun barrel was sticking out, etc. It's an extensive list at this point.

The irony is I was here and on reddit telling everyone and their mom THIS is how it would turn out - it 3D spots people through cover just like Flares do when they're not supposed to - and so many people told me I was dumb and that DICE insisted it wouldn't spot anyone who was obstructed.

Tell that to the guy who I 3D spotted through a blown up half track on the bridge on Twisted Steel because his foot was sticking out of cover.
  • PeaceWeaver
    I echo your sentiments, guys. If this isn’t fixed, I will likely stop playing as well. What’s the point of cover if everyone has wall hacks, courtesy of DICE?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It also spots through the Fjell snowstorm, as do the flares, which kind of invalidates the snowstorm in the first place and creates a lot of frustration and annoyances, while also revealing environmental visibility decreases as nothing more than a visual gimmick.
  • PeaceWeaver
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    It also spots through the Fjell snowstorm, as do the flares, which kind of invalidates the snowstorm in the first place and creates a lot of frustration and annoyances, while also revealing environmental visibility decreases as nothing more than a visual gimmick.

That’s ridiculous. Has any of this even been acknowledged by DICE yet?
  • PeaceWeaver
    edited December 2019
    https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e9f61h/this_is_bs_52_ruined_the_game/

:/

A two-fer spotting fail. Before the OP is KILLED THROUGH A WALL, they are able to passively spot that tank through smoke at 0:11.