Complete Revert of 5.2 isn't happening. Thanks DICE for seeing Reason.

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is dying off much faster than anticipated.

If DICE disappeared from existence I'd be just fine with that
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is dying off much faster than anticipated.

If DICE disappeared from existence I'd be just fine with that

Well if they remove frontlines for this weeks TOW.  That might spark up my conquest again.  Conquest numbers are way down early goings some days on XBOX1.  Almost like Hardline numbers.  Wake Island should spark the game up a bit.  But with support broken probably be lame.
  • Texator
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the majority, me included, dont like the new longer TTK. But there is also a fair amount of players who like it.
    They should do it like last year, add also a server rotation with the old TTK. At least till they come up with a balanced and not so over the top new TTK.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • NLBartmaN
    4338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

You have been complaining about this game since the reveal trailer, this is about the first time you ever had something positive to say, yet you have stuck around for 13 months. So why haven't you left, or even bought the game, even though you said you would never do that, and kept playing even though you feel that every death you receive is a one-framer? 
    I did not buy the game, got it as a present, would have never bought the game myself because I really dislike the initial WW2 wacky direction and poor vehicles in the Beta.

I kept on playing, because I enjoy gaming with friends and having fun in the voice party and there is no other game on PS4 that has vehicleplay like BF, even though it was and is not close as fun as it is in BF1.
    In vehicles the 1 framing is not such a big problem, so I mostly play with vehicles.

But since the 5.2 patch I play infantry a lot more and I am really enjoying it.

The more "realistic/accurate" WW2 vibe on the Pacific helps too.

Would the Beta have been like the Pacific and with the 5.2 gameplay I would have bought the game myself. (and it would not have surprised me that with the Pacific Trailer as reveal trailer and a Beta with 5.2 gameplay the game would have sold double the amount of copies)

Just lets hope the changes are not too late to make the game a success in the end.

I think it would be a good idea to have another trial week with just the Pacific and 5.2 gameplay just before the Holidays, might bring in some needed money and players.
  • doctorrocktor
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They now have a survey up on twitter asking what you think of the changes,just filled it out through reddit.
  • dayglowfroggy
    622 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just so annoying it feels like the game I have played every day since the beta had been taken away, I really liked the sar's but now you might as well use the stg44, madsen, mab38 or zh29 they all take less effort.

I used to use nearly all the weapons except shotguns half the mmg's and half the bolt actions I felt like I had learnt how to use them and what they were best for.
  • dariarty
    102 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Players need to realise that it's Time to Death many seems to have issues with. It's different from Time to Kill and faulty lies somewhere in "netcoding" can't handle low TTK (?) i.e how damage is received from player B shooting player A (You), OOR players, latency differences in general, multiple players shooting you at once without you even realising it, not having 100Hp at the beginning of gunfight etc. . I am an amateur so I don't go into deeper explanations but I know fixing TTK isn't the case it's band-aid fix :)
    I would have completely agreed with you. 

Except performance wise V is now a dream on PS4 (EU).

I keep having rounds with zero TTK/TTD desynchronisation. It's only started since the 5.2 update.

More changes are coming which is good, while I now prefer 5.2 it's nowhere near perfect. 

I just hope performance wise they keep this as the standard. It's like playing a brand new far superior game for me.
  • menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is definitely the only proper decision. Things require some adjustments not pandering to all whiners.
    That is funny. Hilariously hypocritical too.

• CptStonecock
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    menaceuk wrote: »
    (Quote)

They are just trolls, nothing to take seriously.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    VincentNZ said:

You have been complaining about this game since the reveal trailer, this is about the first time you ever had something positive to say, yet you have stuck around for 13 months. So why haven't you left, or even bought the game, even though you said you would never do that, and kept playing even though you feel that every death you receive is a one-framer? 
    I did not buy the game, got it as a present, would have never bought the game myself because I really dislike the initial WW2 wacky direction and poor vehicles in the Beta.

I kept on playing, because I enjoy gaming with friends and having fun in the voice party and there is no other game on PS4 that has vehicleplay like BF, even though it was and is not close as fun as it is in BF1.
    In vehicles the 1 framing is not such a big problem, so I mostly play with vehicles.

But since the 5.2 patch I play infantry a lot more and I am really enjoying it.

The more "realistic/accurate" WW2 vibe on the Pacific helps too.

Would the Beta have been like the Pacific and with the 5.2 gameplay I would have bought the game myself. (and it would not have surprised me that with the Pacific Trailer as reveal trailer and a Beta with 5.2 gameplay the game would have sold double the amount of copies)

Just lets hope the changes are not too late to make the game a success in the end.

I think it would be a good idea to have another trial week with just the Pacific and 5.2 gameplay just before the Holidays, might bring in some needed money and players.

Well, good on you for sticking around. :) I was wondering that, because to this date, my most upvoted post was on a thread asking for the BFV logo to show up next to the other games here in the forum. That was a highly asked for feature, and I commented that they only wanted it to see if it appeared next to your name. Got like 15 upvotes and a week worth of infraction, too. People had a chuckle though. :D
  • NLBartmaN
    4338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

Well, good on you for sticking around. :) I was wondering that, because to this date, my most upvoted post was on a thread asking for the BFV logo to show up next to the other games here in the forum. That was a highly asked for feature, and I commented that they only wanted it to see if it appeared next to your name. Got like 15 upvotes and a week worth of infraction, too. People had a chuckle though. :D
    I have no problem with a little trolling to a certain level  ;)

And seeing the reactions on the Pacific trailer and the reasons Dice gave for changing the gunplay, my "criticism" on the reveal trailer and the direction BF V went, were not that wrong and had the consequences I "predicted".

Hopefully they can turn it around, but sticking around got me at least the last few days of a lot more fun gameplay in a lot more "realistic/accurate" WW2 setting, so I am already "happy" with that.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• Stunl3y
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:

He is spot on imo
  • Hawxxeye
    6898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I wish youtubers and other content creators would not be taken so serious ... takes 5 seconds to see they will post whatever brings them the most views and likes to get as much money as possible ..
    I cringed a bit at the part about LCap condemning the guys who helped each other getting gold skins. Like if his followers did not helped him (at least indirectly) to get the required kills inside objectives. All he would have to say on chat/stream would had been: "Damn I wish I had more targets to hit inside the objectives" and some fanboys on the other team woudl surely oblige without any deal being made

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cptgaben said:
    menaceuk wrote: »
    (Quote)

They are just trolls, nothing to take seriously.
    Says the guy who joined forums just to cry about something he doesn't like.
    And I'm trolling somehow. Damn.
  • F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I wish youtubers and other content creators would not be taken so serious ... takes 5 seconds to see they will post whatever brings them the most views and likes to get as much money as possible ..
    People who really watch all these crappy clickbait videos and believe their creators definitely deserve this new TTK.
  • kwn92
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i like how dice knows what their players want and still just tells them to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kwn92 wrote: »
    i like how dice knows what their players want and still just tells them to **** off

I think the theory is that they don’t want their players. They want BF to be like FIFA, far easier community to take advantage of.