Complete Revert of 5.2 isn't happening. Thanks DICE for seeing Reason.

Comments

• rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    The new TTK feel fine for the most part, but definitely need some tweak to make gun like the FG42 more viable.

Although the new damage model at range make some guns Assignments with "XX kills over XX meters", especially SMG, feel like a pain to finish.

Look. I've been defending the changes big time but I'm not blind. It's not perfect. Adjustments and Tweaks is all it needs not a complete delete that would be absurd.

I bet they will tweak Damage drop off slightly and certain guns heavily effected. And probably fix the spotting through smoke and buildings.
    The concept is sound they just need to extend the ranges and fix this 2+ headshot to kill nonsense - they said that they hadn't set out to change the TTK  but the TTK in real terms is far longer than it was so If they were telling the truth they will fix it and If they don't well..... it's either dishonesty or incompetence - People are asking for a full revert because we know that all the balancing models are already there and DICE's record of tweaking BFV is pretty poor - with every "tweak" will come new glitches - every update so far has bought some glitches with it which is understandable but we as fans know that 5.0 worked at the very least - I'm convinced that the majority of players aren't in favour of 5.2 but then again what would I know I haven't done any extensive research. But I can say with absolute confidence that there are enough dissatisfied players to necessitate a hardcore mode with pre 5.2 values and then everyone is happy. 
  • CT1924
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From Official Twitter. DICE you're doing the right thing. Looks like they read through all the BS on Reddit.

UPDATED: According to Jeff Braddock, the dev team currently has no plans to fully revert #BattlefieldV 5.2 TTK but rather to make tweaks / adjustments.

As long as the fix the balance.
  • CT1924
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Dev team do not want to fully admit that the whole patch was a huge POS. That's why they are tweaking a POS with another POS.

Admitting a fully patch revert, they would have publicly apologized for a flop, for an unprofesionally done patch, for beta testing with us a TRIPLE AAA game, for adding tweaks and flowers to things no one was interested in or wanted.

Let's face it magazines, e gaming sites, youtubers, forum gaming they are all together on this one, the patch is a HUGE mistake.
    Even more if we do not have a short term memory, DICe did the same mistake not a long time ago, and they reverted it fully.

In my opinion, DICE is sniffing his own brownish issue, and calls it a day.

Would be nice to see a revert, but at least they are tweaking.
  • CT1924
    Where's the tweet?
  • GrizzGolf
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kwn92 wrote: »
    i like how dice knows what their players want and still just tells them to **** off

I think the theory is that they don’t want their players. They want BF to be like FIFA, far easier community to take advantage of.
    Im ok with that. I suck at the game.
  • MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    They may call it "adjustments" or find some others nice words for it. But they lost over 80% of their playerbase, and they will do what is necessary to get them back. Because the BF line is dead without the playerbase.
    Opening naive wishful-thinking threads like this one will prevent this as much as the former naive "Now we have 5.2 and it will never change back again" threads.

I just want Insurgency: Sandstorm to get to consoles at this point. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Infantry gameplay sucks so much now that it’s not even worth playing. The only decent part is sniping

They’ve ruined the game
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that 5.2 is great, but the previous gun play had undeniable problems that were never going to be solved by players adapting or getting good. Fast TTK in large maps is a recipe for static play, especially combined with the K/D obsession so many player now have. Too many players were no longer contributing anything to the game because they were either camping in pointless spots looking for easy kills or too scared to move.

5.2 definitely needs tweaks and the bugs that have appeared alongside it need fixed, but keeping the old gun play until the end of life of this game doesn't seem realistic to me. DICE need to dramatically improve this game before they try and sell the next one.

Just as many people camp now as before the only difference is that idiots can saunter over open ground now without a care in the world. What a joke
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    MammiBoo wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Dev team do not want to fully admit that the whole patch was a huge POS. That's why they are tweaking a POS with another POS.

Admitting a fully patch revert, they would have publicly apologized for a flop, for an unprofesionally done patch, for beta testing with us a TRIPLE AAA game, for adding tweaks and flowers to things no one was interested in or wanted.

Let's face it magazines, e gaming sites, youtubers, forum gaming they are all together on this one, the patch is a HUGE mistake.
    Even more if we do not have a short term memory, DICe did the same mistake not a long time ago, and they reverted it fully.

In my opinion, DICE is sniffing his own brownish issue, and calls it a day.

Would be nice to see a revert, but at least they are tweaking.

The problem with this is: Usually "tweaking" means "make it worse" in DICE language.
  • SirBobdk
    5316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    bigiain wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that 5.2 is great, but the previous gun play had undeniable problems that were never going to be solved by players adapting or getting good. Fast TTK in large maps is a recipe for static play, especially combined with the K/D obsession so many player now have. Too many players were no longer contributing anything to the game because they were either camping in pointless spots looking for easy kills or too scared to move.

5.2 definitely needs tweaks and the bugs that have appeared alongside it need fixed, but keeping the old gun play until the end of life of this game doesn't seem realistic to me. DICE need to dramatically improve this game before they try and sell the next one.

Just as many people camp now as before the only difference is that idiots can saunter over open ground now without a care in the world. What a joke
    Not sure i understand. Its now easier for those who actually wants to more and harder for those who wants to camp and get easy kills. Why is that a bad thing.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice for a full revert back to 5.0.  Since now feels like we maybe see same 10 weapons used.  Also 3 mines and sticky grenades doesn't break tanks now solo rolo.  So I pretty much avoid pacific maps now and major tank maps.  Which is a shame since I love the  new maps.  Yeah people will say well use team work.  Yada yada yada.  Heck if I cant count on a revive or teams capping flags or heck even throwing down a ammo crate.  Not much left to count on but myself.  Heck half the time I cant even count on myself going beast mode each game.  Since the hitreg/netcode high pingers making matches unappealing.
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now we got x snipers camping(cuse no one can hurt them)
    Along with a medic sniper heal.

Ffs i cant just be serious in this post, the 5.2.2 is the worst patch ewer released in bf history.

• SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And they need a frikking morsecode easter egg too deserve it
  • mf_shro0m
    SgtStav wrote: »
    Now we got x snipers camping(cuse no one can hurt them)
    Along with a medic sniper heal.

Ffs i cant just be serious in this post, the 5.2.2 is the worst patch ewer released in bf history.

Not quite, 5.2 was even worse. If you think 4-9 BTK is a joke oh man you should’ve tried 5.2 TTKs
  • SgtStav
    Meant 5.2
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Not sure i understand. Its now easier for those who actually wants to more and harder for those who wants to camp and get easy kills. Why is that a bad thing.

There's a difference between someone wanting to and being able to move in general, and complete scrubs now being able to safely pass through 100+ meters of open space with no cover because it takes 10+ shots to kill them whereas before hand it took half that, and they can literally abuse this game's movement speed and lack of directional momentum to run in zig zag patters all the way to cover - which makes actually landing 10 shots at range before running out of ammo statistically impossible for most players.

I mean come on, it's not as if people were literally incapable of moving before this update because they'd just get killed. It's just before this update, complete scrubs got punished for wandering out in the open blindly and then blamed gunplay being too fast instead of blaming their own brainless behavior.