Console PSA: auto aim in multiplayer with 5.2

PeaceWeaver
210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2019
Someone on Reddit has posted evidence of auto aim zoom snap working in multiplayer post-5.2. https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e9gutk/evidence_of_aim_assist_zoom_snap_or_aim_assist/

This is only supposed to work in single player (and it even says so in the settings menu). It explains the weird feel I’ve had with gunplay after the patch that couldn’t be attributed to the TTK changes. Some people on that thread are saying that they’ve turned it off, but the game is still aiming for them. I haven’t played yet since reading that thread, but will be turning that setting off if it isn’t already turned off to test further.

I thought 5.2 wasn’t supposed to be catering to new Christmas players...?

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Freeman says the fix won't arrive till after the new years.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wondered why my aim kept twitching when enemies crossed paths when I set my slowdown to 30% at most. Also explains why I was easily chain headshotting enemies.

Whoops.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This should be hotfixed. It’s ridiculous. I thought shooting felt weird.

@Loqtrall this is why you were having issues, mate.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ahh, I was wondering why my aim
    kept wandering when enemies got infront...

Stupid DICE!

Turned it off, still feel it tho.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

This should be hotfixed. It’s ridiculous. I thought shooting felt weird.

@Loqtrall this is why you were having issues, mate.

Exactly the same. I spent quite a bit of time the last few days making adjustments to my aim settings because aim felt off. Now we know it's Dice's screw up.
    Ahh, I was wondering why my aim
    kept wandering when enemies got infront...

Stupid DICE!

Turned it off, still feel it tho.

According to folks on Reddit turning it off (putting the slider to 0) doesn't even turn it off. Lol
  • PeaceWeaver
    This isn’t getting fixed until the new year? Wow. :( I wondered why everyone suddenly had great aim...
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    first Auto aim assist is in every shooter on console. Its near impossible to shoot without some version of it due to the lack of precision with controllers. That said, they have increased the amount of it.  According to DICE it was supposed to be in the notes and it was left out unintentionally. Feels like they went just a bit too far. But at the same time feels very similar to BF1. It can mess you up if you have a few enemies running back and forth.  Could be dialed back just a bit. It also explains why semi-autos have been all the rage in the game since the update. 
  • PeaceWeaver
    edited December 2019
    I just read the community manager’s response on Reddit... looks like it’s here to stay. :/ The update in the new year is to give us the option of turning it off for ourselves mid-match, rather than only being able to adjust it in main menu settings. It won’t change it for anyone else, of course.

Not an update for the noobs, indeed.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not hotfixing the fetch report bug will be the biggest impact on players deciding not to purchase the game through Christmas :/

Once again, DICE is showing it's dev-ops practices are years behind the likes of CoD, Fortnite, PUBG, and Apex. Generally, critical bugs for those games sound like they get fixed within days :/
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mid-March?!

I planned on playing after the hotfix, but I’ll hang out with bf1 until the snap is removed.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eh. If it's on, it's on. If it's off, whatever. I played fine regardless.