High ping players

2»

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I only use advance search for filter with conquest USA and 5+ slots.  I know quick match will throw you anywhere in the world for servers.  Maybe others don't know this.  Mainly started to happen with 5.2.2.  I don't remember seeing high pings for 5.2.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking - I know the matchmaker got messed up with 5.2.2 so possibly why we're seeing more high pingers, as people who don't use the browser are coming in OOR.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:
    You guys are a joke.. it's the same for the high ping players...

Dont believe me go play on a eu server from the states or vice versa.

There is no advantage of being high ping..

A dev from Dice stated there WAS an advantage for high pingers. There's a long thread on the BF1 forum
    Love to see this thread.
    I know for a fact i do way better the lower the ping, sure high pingers do some weird stuff but the overall stability and smoothness of the game is worth so much more if your a high paced player.
    I've seen my perspective at 60 ping compared to players in the same game at sub 20 and to the lower ping guy everyone is standing around like muppets because they're lagging behind.
    Then on my screen i have to play the game like a cs pro because every bullet is a 1 hit kill and i'll die the instant their gun clears a corner(and sometimes before) even if they have an smg.
    Its in the battlefield 1 forums and it is very informative. There was a dev that was very active by providing lots of feedback. He did indeed say very high ping could have advantages and could have negative effects on a server. Not sure but I think he had a hand in the bf1 short lived patch that made playing awful for high ping players. Think the dev was Mischkag or something like that.
     Thread may have been, " When is Dice going to do something about oor players"
    Looked through a bunch of his comments, there was nothing there about any definitive advantage, all the advantages he stated are ones already known by most people.
    Also a lot of those statements were in regard to extremely high pings which they fixed with a patch, now if your ping is too high you lose that advantage because you get zero lag compensation.
    As far as other statements "peakers advantage" is actually universal, yes a lagging player will have an advantage if they round a corner 1st, but that same exact advantage happens if the roles are reversed.
    Other "advantages" also have trade offs that are much more negative, like warping around the map....if they get the kill it will look like trash to the other player, and make that player feel like he was done wrong, but the guy who's warping is probably rubber banding badly and has missed 100 opportunities for kills because his connection just isn't making it possible to judge anything properly. Also while warping he effectively has zero movement, i can't count the amount of times i've nailed a player running on the spot thinking "it sux to be you".

Same as anything though players only remember the times things negatively affect themselves and have no idea how badly other peoples games are playing, they can have an advantage for the majority of the game and because they're doing well they think "i'm good" but when someone shows their disadvantage by killing them in a weird way, then suddenly it becomes a technical problem where the other player had an advantage.
    This actually sort of makes me laugh on pc, so many players think they're crash hot, but on pc there is a LOT of varying factors that goes into how people do in a game and skill actually counts for a lot less than people think.

Overall though, this game has something else going on...i can't place it, may be the servers,may be some coding issue(intentional or unintentional)...the instant movement and other mechanics makes it worse. But i think the game plays badly for everyone, everyones looking for something to blame and high pingers stand out.
    I play in the oceanic servers, we used to only have australian and nz players, rarely you would see a 100+ ping player, somethings happened recently and now about 10-20% of players are 120+ ping players, the game really doesn't play any different, it's no more/less glitchy than any other time.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:
    You guys are a joke.. it's the same for the high ping players...

Dont believe me go play on a eu server from the states or vice versa.

There is no advantage of being high ping..

A dev from Dice stated there WAS an advantage for high pingers. There's a long thread on the BF1 forum
    Love to see this thread.
    I know for a fact i do way better the lower the ping, sure high pingers do some weird stuff but the overall stability and smoothness of the game is worth so much more if your a high paced player.
    I've seen my perspective at 60 ping compared to players in the same game at sub 20 and to the lower ping guy everyone is standing around like muppets because they're lagging behind.
    Then on my screen i have to play the game like a cs pro because every bullet is a 1 hit kill and i'll die the instant their gun clears a corner(and sometimes before) even if they have an smg.
    Its in the battlefield 1 forums and it is very informative. There was a dev that was very active by providing lots of feedback. He did indeed say very high ping could have advantages and could have negative effects on a server. Not sure but I think he had a hand in the bf1 short lived patch that made playing awful for high ping players. Think the dev was Mischkag or something like that.
     Thread may have been, " When is Dice going to do something about oor players"
    Looked through a bunch of his comments, there was nothing there about any definitive advantage, all the advantages he stated are ones already known by most people.
    Also a lot of those statements were in regard to extremely high pings which they fixed with a patch, now if your ping is too high you lose that advantage because you get zero lag compensation.
    As far as other statements "peakers advantage" is actually universal, yes a lagging player will have an advantage if they round a corner 1st, but that same exact advantage happens if the roles are reversed.
    Other "advantages" also have trade offs that are much more negative, like warping around the map....if they get the kill it will look like trash to the other player, and make that player feel like he was done wrong, but the guy who's warping is probably rubber banding badly and has missed 100 opportunities for kills because his connection just isn't making it possible to judge anything properly. Also while warping he effectively has zero movement, i can't count the amount of times i've nailed a player running on the spot thinking "it sux to be you".

Same as anything though players only remember the times things negatively affect themselves and have no idea how badly other peoples games are playing, they can have an advantage for the majority of the game and because they're doing well they think "i'm good" but when someone shows their disadvantage by killing them in a weird way, then suddenly it becomes a technical problem where the other player had an advantage.
    This actually sort of makes me laugh on pc, so many players think they're crash hot, but on pc there is a LOT of varying factors that goes into how people do in a game and skill actually counts for a lot less than people think.

Overall though, this game has something else going on...i can't place it, may be the servers,may be some coding issue(intentional or unintentional)...the instant movement and other mechanics makes it worse. But i think the game plays badly for everyone, everyones looking for something to blame and high pingers stand out.
    I play in the oceanic servers, we used to only have australian and nz players, rarely you would see a 100+ ping player, somethings happened recently and now about 10-20% of players are 120+ ping players, the game really doesn't play any different, it's no more/less glitchy than any other time.
    Yeah I agree with most of what you've said and I don't want to argue.Like you, I think this game has something else going on. And while I don't think there is advantages playing high ping, if there are too many in a server I do experience less than stellar server performance.
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite moments are when you are just minding your business and planes are stuttering all over the map. Was hilarious at first but now it’s sad.
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I think plenty of high pings can alter a server a tad to ruin my 2 shot killing self loading rifles.  I was so ticked off yesterday.  I'm usually the rifle man going wild.  But when people aren't dropping up close with 2 shots there's something wrong.  Also need more maps.  Most of the old ones are very stale.  New one's been over played already.  Who knows when we get Solomon Islands released other then the stated sometime in 2020.  Also no new road map for chapter 6.

One high pinger can ruin a server. From experience, when it's over 200.
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its outta control like the megathread on enhanced skills. 90% of servers if not more have people playing OOR or have garbage connections ruining the games
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just instant quit a server when I see more than 4 players with ping above 100 on a EU PS4 server, the game just gets unplayable.

How is it even possible that players with ping above 100 can get double the amount of kills of the rest of the scoreboard ... how much compensation do they get/how bad is the hit claim confirmation...  :s

Such a high ping should be a disadvantage, you should not be rewarded for it.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The high ping problem is exacerbated more in this game due to TTK.
    One of the high ping players advantages is a longer time to kill, and in this game that is huge!
    Nothing will change and everyone will be saying the exact same thing with battlefield 6.
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I just instant quit a server when I see more than 4 players with ping above 100 on a EU PS4 server, the game just gets unplayable.

How is it even possible that players with ping above 100 can get double the amount of kills of the rest of the scoreboard ... how much compensation do they get/how bad is the hit claim confirmation...  :s

I would never play if doing the same. Every game has 30% over 100.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:

Depends on the Region: in EU nobody has to have an above 50ms ping, the infrastructure is high tech, very few hubs and distances are short.

On US servers 100ms ping is not that strange: old network, lots of hubs and very long distances to servers.

It is kind of sad for US players that are close to a server location or that life in a city.

Also the reason why I am a big fan of ping based matchmaking like the new CoD does.
    Or just servers with ping limits.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:

Its even worse then this video now since after XMAS.  My video was captured December 20,2019.  Enemy team has over 12 over 100.  One is 302 and another at 207.  My team has 7 players over 100.  I know mine is wifi and peaked at 71 where usually at 59.

• NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m in the uk with 110mbps connection and have experienced 100 ping while using the eu German servers. Normally my ping is around 20 but sometimes it does go high for no reason.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m in the uk with 110mbps connection and have experienced 100 ping while using the eu German servers. Normally my ping is around 20 but sometimes it does go high for no reason.

Capturing videos on XBOX1 bumps my ping a tad.  Since it uploads the video to XBOX LIVE and the cloud.
  • therealstorey
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a guy 600 ping playing with us and gone before you can shoot and hitting you well after you're in cover. Seemed selective when he would lag. What hot mess they'vce left us with.
  • SICIOUS
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    With 5.2.2 it horrible pinger's all over the place on XBOX1.
    Same on ps4 and it's especially bad early in the morning for some reason. Just checked two us west servers BT after seeing your post and one had 27 players with pings of 125 and higher with 5 of those players with over 200ms. The other serverhad 21 high pings with 3 above 200ms. This shouldn't even be a thing. I don't think they get advantages but imo it pisses with server performance big time.
    Early mornings I use Euro servers on PS4 my ping is 102. I would't play with anything higher. I do this simply because my local servers are underpopulated and dying at this time of day. The same may be true for Euro gamers looking for full servers when their region is dying off. Hopefully cross platform BF6 will solve this issue. I agree really high pingers makes for a bad experience.
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    The high ping problem is exacerbated more in this game due to TTK.
    One of the high ping players advantages is a longer time to kill, and in this game that is huge!
    Nothing will change and everyone will be saying the exact same thing with battlefield 6.

Absolutely and if this is a thing in BF6 because they don't increase their servers in certain regions and/or ipgrade server quality then that's going to be a big problem
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @therealstorey
    Please do not necropost.

You are one year late to this thread.

This discussion has been closed.