Cross play

The-Monz
66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I think cross play between xbox and playstation would be great for this game.More players servers and match making.
Come on EA Dice make it happen and give this game a real boost.

Comments

• MACCA666MC
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz said:
    I think cross play between xbox and playstation would be great for this game.More players servers and match making.
    It will never happen, it's not down to Dice but to Sony and they will never agree to cross play as they fear the Xbox will out shine the PlayStation.
  • The-Monz
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would prefer it to just be between the consoles as there are too many variables with PC.
  • Dark_Insanity999
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz wrote: »
    I would prefer it to just be between the consoles as there are too many variables with PC.

When you say variables, you mean hackers. The reason I left PC
  • sabersun
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I would prefer crossplay between consoles only. It is a different play style vs PC gamers.
  • The-Monz
    The-Monz wrote: »

When you say variables, you mean hackers. The reason I left PC

Well that's the main reason but PCs can have better visuals/performance etc
  • l337RAGE
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz said:
    It will never happen, it's not down to Dice but to Sony and they will never agree to cross play as they fear the Xbox will out shine the PlayStation.
    has happened already with pubg so fingers crossed it does on Battlefield. Be fantastic for the competitive community
  • KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l337RAGE said:
    The-Monz said:
    has happened already with pubg so fingers crossed it does on Battlefield. Be fantastic for the competitive community
    Not only would it be better for the competitive community, but also as the game starts to age. With multiple platforms it can help keep the game feeling alive.
  • KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l337RAGE said:
    The-Monz said:
    Not only would it be better for the competitive community, but also as the game starts to age. With multiple platforms it can help keep the game feeling alive.
  • normzzzzzy
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MACCA666MC wrote: »
    (Quote)

Not true dude. The new COD is cross-play between Xbox and PlayStation
  • blusterLP
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GER: crossplay könnte ea jetzt zwar machen weil die Beta-crossplay Phase bei ps4 jetzt vorbei ist aber es ist sehr unwahrscheinlich:)
  • CosmicStriker
    756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rocket League and Fortnite Battle Royale seem to be the only two cross console games , but there are Xbox and PC cross games like Sea of Thieves .
  • KorpusDraige
    Rocket League and Fortnite Battle Royale seem to be the only two cross console games , but there are Xbox and PC cross games like Sea of Thieves .
    No, Modern Warfare is cross play between Xbox, Playstation and PC.
  • OskooI_007
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not a fan of how Modern Warfare's crossplay works. It would be nice to select crossplay by input device so it would only be controller VS controller.

I'd also like choosing which platforms I'm matched with. That way I could just crossplay with PlayStation and Xbox players. Instead of being forced to play with PC cheaters.
  • sabersun
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of how Modern Warfare's crossplay works. It would be nice to select crossplay by input device so it would only be controller VS controller.

I'd also like choosing which platforms I'm matched with. That way I could just crossplay with PlayStation and Xbox players. Instead of being forced to play with PC cheaters.

Very valid point.
  • KorpusDraige

I don't mind playing against anyone on any platform. The point is there are games that go multiplatform between consoles, so there's no reason why the next Battlefield can't do it, if one of the biggest franchises is doing it. Options to opt out of certain platforms to cross play can be made possible if devs do it that way. In Battlefield's case where there is a server browser, they can make it display what platform each player is on when looking through the servers. Rented servers will probably have the potential to lock out certain platforms if the owner chooses to.