[Rant] Why is this game so hellbent on achieving just mediocrity or even less?

2»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    It surely did not take you a year to figure this out, did it? The one selling feature of this game is that it's core gameplay premise is still that of 2001's BF, that attracts a few people. I'd argue that the core gameplay of this title at release was mediocre and turned decent over the year, just to become sub-par two weeks, ago. However, everything surrounding this core gameplay is an utter fail. The UI/UX is horrible since Day 1, which is my biggest gripe, every feature that they have or added is barebone at most, and everything you are supposed to do, achieve or set your sail towards is unbelievably cumbersome. This game is a perfet showcase how not to release or caress a game.
    I had been trying to be patient and understanding... but even simple things like a server history is somehow too much for this dev team now...
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think who ever built the game had moved onto other games before Christmas last year and the people left don't know how to change the basics like team balence, map voting, team switch, changing assignments in game you know basic things that are in the previous titles.

I have put up with all of the above and come to terms with other problems with the game because I enjoyed the gun play but not any more.
  • G-Gnu
    1529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE is only about mediocrity now days , muuh money and small popes in their ranks, that does not even know where their behind is located is calling the shots and sinks the ship in a very effective way.
    But that is the only thing that is effective with DICE these days.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    But death inside the game has only an effect on the scoreboard stats and some assignments. It is not something scary outside of some jumpscares

Oh, I comment to my friend all the time about this. So many players simply *will not* get on the objective.

I think there are very few people who actually care about their KDR. There isn’t even really official stats in this game. People just “dont want to die” even though... it won’t hurt and they’ll be back in seconds. I swear though there are so many players like this.

Its really, really obvious in Breakthrough. Like, there are times when it is one flag.

One. Flag.

Literally one objective... there cant be any confusion and yet... you’ll see half your team sitting *just outside the literal ONE OBJECTIVE!” Doing nothing! Because they might “die.”

And im like... so?? Lets just win ffs!?
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I had been trying to be patient and understanding... but even simple things like a server history is somehow too much for this dev team now...

Ahahah my friend and i have developed a habit of going through multiple menus to uncover and write down the “server number” so we don’t rejoin a stomp/hack server.

Its so... manual! BF1942 had this 19 years ago. Also, all other games. Ever.

I, like you, was patient with DICE. For so many years. So many. But they have reached their logical conclusion.
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everything about this game screams social experiment. Countless rebalance using talks about "the numbers say blah while vocal community says opposite" crap. I think they're testing the waters to see how to retain the most players with least effort.
    Michaelangelo was right.
  • Hawxxeye
    7816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)

Ahahah my friend and i have developed a habit of going through multiple menus to uncover and write down the “server number” so we don’t rejoin a stomp/hack server.

I, like you, was patient with DICE. For so many years. So many. But they have reached their logical conclusion.
    Yeah, DICE will find that their next game will have much fewer pre orders this time.
    In the past they had shown they could fix a poor release within a year. Now they have shown they can make it even worse after a year (and I am not talking about the TTK changes but the performance etc)
  • aquadude79
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    (Quote)

Yeah, DICE will find that their next game will have much fewer pre orders this time.
    In the past they had shown they could fix a poor release within a year. Now they have shown they can make it even worse after a year (and I am not talking about the TTK changes but the performance etc)

It's even worse than that for DICE/EA. They trained everybody to wait ONE WEEK for the game to be half off. Talk about selling out your future for a short-term gain. Shocked the execs let it happen, but I suppose they tend to think reasonably short-term, too.
    I pre-ordered BFV (lesson learned, first and last preorder of any game). There is a 100% chance I will not only NOT pre-order BF6, but will ALSO now wait for it have been out for a week or two before I buy my copy for $20 or whatever. Maybe they will be able to make up the lost $$$ with a great game and a lot of MTX over time...I guess they'll find out. FWIW, I have never, and plan to never, spend any money on MTX, but I think i'm in the minority on that.

• dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you think they will get any pre orders?
    I will never pre order any game ever again I think that ship has sailed for dice.
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

You see,the problem with that,is having people (good people) on overwatch,can help an attacking team. Even a bodyshot will force people into cover and/or waste medic pouches. If no one's pushing, that's a problem. But this stigma against "camping" when people can't even agree on what the term even means is a joke.-The game needs all kinds to work, cutting out a personally biased playstyle will destroy servers. I've seen far too many matches in various games where people just run,over and over into heavy fire. And die. And die. And they loose. Does anyone risk slowing down for a fraction of a second to think about any alternatives at the risk of being branded a camper because they did something besides mindlessly rush,at the other team's perspective?

I think you got on something. The attrition system, I think it is a big contributing factor- “wasting med packs”. This is why attrition is a terrible for normal gameplay for hardcore it would make sense , but not for normal play. How often do players step out take a few steps get hit and are forced to retreat to get a med pack? How often do players shoot people out of their preferred range just if nothing other than to slow them down knowing they will slow down or retreat to get a med pack. I know myself I will take wild shots knowing I won’t kill the player but will force them to stop or retreat.
    I just had a horrible realization. This game,it's weapon model is reminding me extremely of Planetside 2's.
    -
    In that game most of the weapons have insane damage falloff,shooting someone outside of spitting distance is pointless unless you're using a sniper. Combined with the fact the soldiers are bulletsponges and have numerous ways to heal. Sound familiar?
    -
    I liked BF5's weapons. You could actually contribute if you weren't point blank. Damage was damage. It was a threat. Even if your weapon wasn't optimised for it,you were still dangerous.
    But now? As other people have said before it's a mistake shooting someone unless you can melt them,even then it's iffy. I've gotten the drop on several people in my last few attempts to play battlefield,and almost every time,they are able to turn and do damage before I put them down. There's little reward for doing anything but mass zerging objectives now.
    One person flanks and takes out two or three people? So what,medic will just swing by and nullify their work,because the flanker couldn't do a more effective job. It just seems like medics are much more potent now. People are harder to kill so it's easier for the attackers to die and a medic or two to revive a third of a team without much threat,and harder to kill medics that are reviving. Lower damages mean healing is more potent and as long as the medic stays alive,which is easier,more people can be healed,quicker.
    -
    And I do not think attrition is bad for "normals". It's worked so far. Most everyone liked it. The game,until recently had settled. People knew what they got when they shot someone,when they took damage. It was consistent.
    But changing core mechanics a second time over? That was their mistake,not attrition.
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:
    i know man , i was just holding down A with a couple guys on wake , not one, two bombs gets dropped on B, i watch it almost go blue , then go right back to red , so i'm like, muh.......i run up there , there's prob 30 japanese down in the tank holes 

lol, smh ...........legit  scared to die in a game .........get in the objective , and keep getting in till you get enough help

friggin standing in bushes waxing their k/d 

it's unbelievable how beta kids are today, you can see it in a game 

i legit wish i could yell and shove them as i run by 
    Here I am one of those guys still trying to attack/defend an objective while many others hang back to preserve their K/D and thus I die a lot if the team is bad and I cannot get a vehicle to filter out some sources of deaths.
    Then when I try to moan on the chat about the team being special Olympics level, some guy often has the sass to say that I should shut up cause I got more deaths than kills on the scoreboard (from trying to play the objective)...

i know a guy who act like that , always camping on the back , the worse thing is that they felt successful by doing so , thinking high kd camping is contribution to the team , u gave them suggestion on how to improve team work but they will never listen , because they felt successful by doing so they will never change or improve , thats the mentality of a camper . 4 people in vc but 0 teamwork lol