AA Guns are Totally Underpowered

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Lol, so you want an AA that can easily noob farm planes making it just as as unbalanced as some planes are in certain game modes/maps.

How are two separate people reading what I said so wrong? I specifically argued AGAINST the person who said AA should be a 2-3 hit kill. That would be dumb. Did no one look at the post I was responding to?

Actually read something, and maybe what that post is addressed to, before you quote it.

I personally think AA will be in a good state once DICE fixes the poor hitreg on planes causing so much dusting. Type10 will be a 3 hit kill, and regular AA is powerful if you're an engineer, and usable if you're not and you know how to burst fire in 5-6 shot sets so you don't overheat before the plane goes down.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ChickenTheTank sorry my bad.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Lol, so you want an AA that can easily noob farm planes making it just as as unbalanced as some planes are in certain game modes/maps.

How are two separate people reading what I said so wrong? I specifically argued AGAINST the person who said AA should be a 2-3 hit kill. That would be dumb. Did no one look at the post I was responding to?

Actually read something, and maybe what that post is addressed to, before you quote it.

I personally think AA will be in a good state once DICE fixes the poor hitreg on planes causing so much dusting. Type10 will be a 3 hit kill, and regular AA is powerful if you're an engineer, and usable if you're not and you know how to burst fire in 5-6 shot sets so you don't overheat before the plane goes down.

Most of these people whining about underpowered AA will completely ignore anything that doesn't benefit their side of the argument. I posted a bunch of clips of me manning AA to kill planes and all they did was whine that I only did 105 damage to the planes before they died or that I had some form of assistance from a rando. Didn't matter the plane barely made it 1/3 of the way through my range before dying, or that the plane got insta-killed before it even knew AA was up.
  • Hawxxeye
    7777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    @0:41
    With some planning even a semi decent pilot can turn the tables on stationary AAs even two of them.
    The stationary AAs are simply... stationary this means that a pilot can memorize their locations and thanks to those "the AA is here" clearly visible holes on the ground they are on, one can aim at them even if they cannot clearly see the AA itself. they just need to shoot the middle of the clearly visible hole.
    Someone who is operation an AA is also plagued by reduced FoV which makes it harder to keep track of planes unless you get off the AA. It is prety easy for flank them and most planes do not make enough sound for one to know that a plane is descending upon him.
    The AA guns need something to compensate for the fact that they are predictable and easy to find. A plane can strike them from really far if they need to.

• Blueghost22
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How does any of that justify the person I quoted saying AA should be a 2 hit kill? The Type10 is not general AA, I think it is fine doing 45 damage. They just need to fix the hitreg on planes they broke with 5.2, and I thick it will solve the screams of underpowered AA and FF's.

I also agree that a Sherman shouldn't be able to be OHK'd by planes, but none if that statement involves AA, which is the thread topic.
    Wait, is there a distinction being made between general AA and some other type of AA?
    You should probably make that clear from the get-go.

Brokem hitreg, and I was just thinkning that the messed up with the proximity detonation.

As for the Sherman example...practice some critical thinkning exercises and see if you can make the connection.
  • Switchblade00007
    63 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have spent a good bit of time on the AA's, have gotten fairly good on them but against a descent pilot, really don't have a chance. Some will fly close enough to drop their bombs, but my AA just starts to hit them and they turn and go away. They can sneak up behind you and blindside you, or sometimes team up on you. One big issue is your viewing area(s), many of the AA's are stuck where tree's, are in the way blocking a section of the sky, other spots are open to snipers/tanks, not to mention the damage the guns take if you don't get killed. Planes can heal but unless you are support, the gun wont. Against the good pilots, I give up and use the FF, but that in itself is annoying as 9 times out of 10, I just damage the plane when I am lucky enough to hit it. 
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    Aa are easy kills... should 2 shot fighters, 3 on bombers. Would be much better.

That's a really bad take. AA's would just never fire until the plane is in range, and planes would never have a chance to escape or react. The balance isn't great now, but players should have opportunities to react to an attack in most situations. Not just instant death to planes.

Well if you limit the number and take the rif down a tiny bit...
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Rocj paper scissor. Infantry beats aa, aa beats planes, and planes beat infantry. No aa at spawn.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Rocj paper scissor. Infantry beats aa, aa beats planes, and planes beat infantry. No aa at spawn.

Disagree. Planes vs AA should be about skill. Best man win.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I disagree with that. Planes vs planes should be skill. Planes vs AA should be about teamwork.

The only disadvantage to AA is that it can't move. I think SAA should be able to do 90 damage to an aircraft if you fire continuously until it over heats. That means if ONE other teammate (plane, FF, or another SAA) gets a hit on the plane as well, the plane will go down.

That would also mean engineers, and players who for in 5-6 round bursts could down a plane in one pass.
  • Hawxxeye
    7777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I disagree with that. Planes vs planes should be skill. Planes vs AA should be about teamwork.

The only disadvantage to AA is that it can't move. I think SAA should be able to do 90 damage to an aircraft if you fire continuously until it over heats. That means if ONE other teammate (plane, FF, or another SAA) gets a hit on the plane as well, the plane will go down.

That would also mean engineers, and players who for in 5-6 round bursts could down a plane in one pass.
    They probably should make it so it is  somewhat easier to land those hits on the planes too for that.
    One of the reasons that few people use the AA much is that it feels unrewarding and clunky.
  • mackpapi
    174 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:
    the problem is that the plane retain lethality at high attitude , watch silk farming the entire iwo jima at high attitude.

i dont think ff is underpowered , its working as intended . its more like if the pilot know what hes doing then nobody can ever bring him down as a infantry 
    this guy summed up the entire problem with 2 simple sentences.

FF/aa is fine, you can control/deny sections of the sky 
    pilots are getting smarter/adapting and not complaining 
  • embattle
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just think it is ridiculous you can have a plane dive towards a AA gun and survive, in reality it should kill the pilot.
  • Hawxxeye
    mackpapi said:
    hkspm123 said:
    the problem is that the plane retain lethality at high attitude , watch silk farming the entire iwo jima at high attitude.

i dont think ff is underpowered , its working as intended . its more like if the pilot know what hes doing then nobody can ever bring him down as a infantry 
    this guy summed up the entire problem with 2 simple sentences.

FF/aa is fine, you can control/deny sections of the sky 
    pilots are getting smarter/adapting and not complaining 
    For as long as it takes for the pilot to make a turn and hit the AA instead.
    The AA will fail to stop those pilots that you really want to take out cause they are inflicting huge losses without dying.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I’m pretty sure they already can. I’ve been downed by an SAA in the 2-3 seconds after I flew past it
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes, and camping tanks are a huge problem again. Especially on the Pacific maps.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    EmineNc33 wrote: »
    they made Fixed AA useless, an entire clip into a plane doesnt drop them, they just heal up mid run and drop the payload.
    then we were given the AA weapon we had been asking for, then make it useless to the point that around 2 or 3 people only use it and planes are back to being the No.1 killer out there

I also swear you must have to hit bombers twice, and within a short duration with the Fliegerfaust to take them down. I have been trying to take them down with just one volly, and am pretty damn good at aiming.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EmineNc33 wrote: »
    they made Fixed AA useless, an entire clip into a plane doesnt drop them, they just heal up mid run and drop the payload.
    then we were given the AA weapon we had been asking for, then make it useless to the point that around 2 or 3 people only use it and planes are back to being the No.1 killer out there

I also swear you must have to hit bombers twice, and within a short duration with the Fliegerfaust to take them down. I have been trying to take them down with just one volly, and am pretty damn good at aiming.

At least twice with FF as it should do about 60 to a bomber.
  • vcm0x
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA guns are fine. just git gud -- https://i.imgur.com/GaQ65QM.jpg
  • Hawxxeye
    vcm0x said:
    AA guns are fine. just git gud -- https://i.imgur.com/GaQ65QM.jpg
    Wow, the other team certainly must had  tried all they could to deal with these two but there is no counter for that type of pilot on the ground :(