Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    CT1924 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Lol, so you want an AA that can easily noob farm planes making it just as as unbalanced as some planes are in certain game modes/maps.

Rocj paper scissor. Infantry beats aa, aa beats planes, and planes beat infantry. No aa at spawn.

Disagree. Planes vs AA should be about skill. Best man win.

I disagree with that. Planes vs planes should be skill. Planes vs AA should be about teamwork.

The only disadvantage to AA is that it can't move. I think SAA should be able to do 90 damage to an aircraft if you fire continuously until it over heats. That means if ONE other teammate (plane, FF, or another SAA) gets a hit on the plane as well, the plane will go down.

That would also mean engineers, and players who for in 5-6 round bursts could down a plane in one pass.

I’m pretty sure they already can. I’ve been downed by an SAA in the 2-3 seconds after I flew past it

Yea, I think that's close to how it is already too. I think the issue right now is that from what I can tell the hitreg on planes is causing a lot of ghosting/dusting again right now.
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Lol, so you want an AA that can easily noob farm planes making it just as as unbalanced as some planes are in certain game modes/maps.

Rocj paper scissor. Infantry beats aa, aa beats planes, and planes beat infantry. No aa at spawn.

I disagree with that. Planes vs planes should be skill. Planes vs AA should be about teamwork.

The only disadvantage to AA is that it can't move. I think SAA should be able to do 90 damage to an aircraft if you fire continuously until it over heats. That means if ONE other teammate (plane, FF, or another SAA) gets a hit on the plane as well, the plane will go down.

That would also mean engineers, and players who for in 5-6 round bursts could down a plane in one pass.

I’m pretty sure they already can. I’ve been downed by an SAA in the 2-3 seconds after I flew past it

Yea, I think that's close to how it is already too. I think the issue right now is that from what I can tell the hitreg on planes is causing a lot of ghosting/dusting again right now.

That wouldn’t surprise me. Explosives have had trouble registering on tanks too, registering too little damage, and just the other day 3 of my tank shells which clearly hit another tank did nothing
  • ChickenTheTank
    edited January 7
    (Quote)

That wouldn’t surprise me. Explosives have had trouble registering on tanks too, registering too little damage, and just the other day 3 of my tank shells which clearly hit another tank did nothing

I wonder if there's something going on with the blast damage not applying correctly maybe?

I just started leveling the bomber corsair recently, and I picked the explosive rounds this time to see what the fuss is about (I like the 6xHMGs on the fighter variant). Are they supposed to barely do damage to planes? Because because the regular primary LMGs do way more damage to other fighters from what I can tell.

Is there any chance your case and my case are evidence that blast damage isn't applying correctly?

I do still get a lot of damage when I hit the back of a tank with my grenade pistol though, so maybe I'm making it up.
    Post edited by ChickenTheTank on
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I wonder if there's something going on with the blast damage not applying correctly maybe?

I just started leveling the bomber corsair recently, and I picked the explosive rounds this time to see what the fuss is about (I like the 6xHMGs on the fighter variant). Are they supposed to barely do damage to planes? Because because the regular primary LMGs do way more damage to other fighters from what I can tell.

Is there any chance your case and my case are evidence that blast damage isn't applying correctly?

I do still get a lot of damage when I hit the back of a tank with my grenade pistol though, so maybe I'm making it up.

It’s definitely evidence and plenty of it gets posted on Reddit

The HE rounds are meant for infantry and pretty terrible against planes. They also got nerfed in the last patch and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a blanket nerf even tho the HE were terrible against planes even before the before
  • Hawxxeye
    7073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)

It’s definitely evidence and plenty of it gets posted on Reddit

The HE rounds are meant for infantry and pretty terrible against planes. They also got nerfed in the last patch and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a blanket nerf even tho the HE were terrible against planes even before the before
    Actually the HE rounds were strong against planes before 5.0
    Somehow the 20mm cannons of the pacific planes become weaker vs planes when they are upgraded to HE.
    The HE rounds of the G6 and the blenheim are much stronger vs planes
    You know there is something wrong with the numbers when the single HE .50 cal HMG of the Blenheim does more total damage than the four 20mm HE cannons of the pacific planes
  • Foxassassin
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I posted this on a few different threads. It's not just AA. The Type 10 costal defense guns. Sure they airburst against planes. but ever since 5.2 they don't do damage to air targets most of the time. The shell will airburst directly on the plane and no damage. And when you do get hits it's 30-40 damage.
    -
    Reminds me of the issue months back where flak was exploding too far away from aircraft,or something bug related and flak wasn't doing damage either
    -
    In short. Ground to air is screwed. Again... How many times has this been now?
  • mf_shro0m
    I posted this on a few different threads. It's not just AA. The Type 10 costal defense guns. Sure they airburst against planes. but ever since 5.2 they don't do damage to air targets most of the time. The shell will airburst directly on the plane and no damage. And when you do get hits it's 30-40 damage.-Reminds me of the issue months back where flak was exploding too far away from aircraft,or something bug related and flak wasn't doing damage either-In short. Ground to air is screwed. Again... How many times has this been now?

No dude that’s just the hit detection for explosives being trash
  • mf_shro0m
    edited January 7
    Omg dice SAAs are useless!!!! NERF PLANES TO HELL!!!!!!!!!

• mf_shro0m
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Actually the HE rounds were strong against planes before 5.0Somehow the 20mm cannons of the pacific planes become weaker vs planes when they are upgraded to HE..The HE rounds of the G6 and the blenheim are much stronger vs planesYou know there is something wrong with the numbers when the single HE .50 cal HMG of the Blenheim does more total damage than the four 20mm HE cannons of the pacific planes

Yeh the HE rounds in Europe are a lot better. I haven’t used them against planes much because the MGs are so much better
  • tempo_rarity
    1281 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I first got on the unfamiliar SAA(s) , it was me who made them Underpowered .
    When I get on the now-very-familiar-SAA(s) , it's me who makes them Overpowered .
    Since I don't hit planes with every single AA shot I take , and yet planes that I do hit with it still explode , the implication seems clear .
    This very functional equipment gets its temporary Nerf or Buff based on the experience of the derriere that's in its seat .

One of the very anticipated features of a return-to-WW2-BFV for me was the return of Flak Guns as well , which I loved in BF1942 .
    As a very high-risk activity to engage in , these two current versions pay out quite nicely .
    I've not been disappointed .
  • spartanx169x
    873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because of this thread, I decided to hop in a plane on Wake Island I died with one pass of an AA gun. I counted the shots, He landed three  and I was dead. One  pass.   Now tanks, tanks are a different story.  You can unload your entire arsenal on a tank and still not take it out. But thats another thread. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    mf_shro0m said:

It takes a lot more skill for a SAA to land every shot than a plane to destroy a SAA.
    Exceptions are not the rule.
    In a video in a previous page I took on 2 AA users in a row with a flank.
  • Terminator000001
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm ignoring the bait and just say that pilot needs to git gud. Already a wonder he wasn't killed by the Fliegerfaust already. 🦆
    (Quote)

Actually the HE rounds were strong against planes before 5.0Somehow the 20mm cannons of the pacific planes become weaker vs planes when they are upgraded to HE..The HE rounds of the G6 and the blenheim are much stronger vs planesYou know there is something wrong with the numbers when the single HE .50 cal HMG of the Blenheim does more total damage than the four 20mm HE cannons of the pacific planes

Yeh the HE rounds in Europe are a lot better. I haven’t used them against planes much because the MGs are so much better

Minengeschosse are great to kill the pilot before destroying the plane. Much faster and more efficient. 🦆
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)

It takes a lot more skill for a SAA to land every shot than a plane to destroy a SAA.Exceptions are not the rule..In a video in a previous page I took on 2 AA users in a row with a flank.

Not saying the above happens every time but it shows SAAs don’t need a buff. You just need to play smart with them and pounce when you get a chance

‘ In a video in a previous page I took on 2 AA users in a row with a flank.’

That’s an exception not the rule
  • mf_shro0m
    edited January 7

I'm ignoring the bait and just say that pilot needs to git gud. Already a wonder he wasn't killed by the Fliegerfaust already. 🦆

As usual no-one was using it
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 7
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)

It takes a lot more skill for a SAA to land every shot than a plane to destroy a SAA.Exceptions are not the rule..In a video in a previous page I took on 2 AA users in a row with a flank.

Not saying the above happens every time but it shows SAAs don’t need a buff. You just need to play smart with them and pounce when you get a chance

‘ In a video in a previous page I took on 2 AA users in a row with a flank.’

That’s an exception not the rule
    The pilots people are actually worried about are y aware of the enemy AAs outside of the first time per round that they will be caught with their guard down during/after a dogfight. They will respawn on the next plane and destroy the AA preemptively for the rest of the round
  • ChickenTheTank
    (Quote)
    The pilots people are actually worried about are y aware of the enemy AAs outside of the first time per round that they will be caught with their guard down during/after a dogfight. They will respawn on the next plane and destroy the AA preemptively for the rest of the round

From what I've been able to tell, when there's a reeeeeaaaaallllllly good pilot on the other team, the only effective counter (besides an effective pilot on your team) is going engineer, and dedicating the whole round to keeping an AA gun up and firing.

You'll very rarely kill the really good pilot. But if you just get off the AA while the pilot is actively targeting your cannon, you can just hop in it and get shots on them while they're flying away after their bombs explode. And you can repair thre cannon once they're out of range doing their own repair.

Literally all you do the whole round is distract that pilot so their bombs and MGs are always targeting your AA and not your teams front lines and tanks. This can get pretty tough if the only AA is vulnerable to infantry storming forward PB the ground though.

It's a real boring round you'll have, but you'll give your team a chance to win at least.
  • Hawxxeye
    (Quote)

From what I've been able to tell, when there's a reeeeeaaaaallllllly good pilot on the other team, the only effective counter (besides an effective pilot on your team) is going engineer, and dedicating the whole round to keeping an AA gun up and firing.

You'll very rarely kill the really good pilot. But if you just get off the AA while the pilot is actively targeting your cannon, you can just hop in it and get shots on them while they're flying away after their bombs explode. And you can repair thre cannon once they're out of range doing their own repair.

Literally all you do the whole round is distract that pilot so their bombs and MGs are always targeting your AA and not your teams front lines and tanks. This can get pretty tough if the only AA is vulnerable to infantry storming forward PB the ground though.

It's a real boring round you'll have, but you'll give your team a chance to win at least.
    The remedy is in increasing the quantity of AA guns
  • ChickenTheTank
    (Quote)
    The remedy is in increasing the quantity of AA guns

I think positioning is more important than quantity. Some of the AA guns are impossible for defenders to effectively use for extended periods of time. Like the AA for defenders during the hanger sector on wake BT. It's so far forward, that the Japanese usually can't use it past the first 60 seconds defending that sector. And then thre one back ar Japanese spawn is so far back it can't really help either.
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really, why even bother having AA guns
    They are totally under-powered, and placed in a hole where you can't shoot the minute any pilot dives.

And if you can ever shoot down a plane, then they re-spawn immediately, so the pilot just starts again.
    In addition there is usually 1 available AA for 2 or 3 planes, so eve if you start targeting one the other plane destroys your emplacement

Let the infantry have a real defense, bring back the FF as it was!!!

Most AA guns don't even work. If the plane you are firing at for example are flying away from you and you fire in front of them, sometimes you make a hit contection and other times you don't but you can see your shells exploding on their plane, you just get no hits or damage on it.