AA Guns are Totally Underpowered

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The remedy is in increasing the quantity of AA guns

I think positioning is more important than quantity. Some of the AA guns are impossible for defenders to effectively use for extended periods of time. Like the AA for defenders during the hanger sector on wake BT. It's so far forward, that the Japanese usually can't use it past the first 60 seconds defending that sector. And then thre one back ar Japanese spawn is so far back it can't really help either.

This is DICE using "authenticity" to the detriment of the game again.
    IRL it might had made sense to put the AAs on the front because the air raid comes before the ground assault and then it is over. Irl you do not get a ground attack at the same time as their planes are bombing the base. Bombers do not just making repeat bombings like that either cause their bases are faaaaaar away from the targets.
    It is ridiculous that DICE shackled themselves with authenticity to the point of damaging gameplay so much.
    They wont increase gun capacities cause they do not want  to increase the visual models of the guns etc  when they could magically bump up their capacity with no model changes
    Meanwhile on the other hand DICE is fine with every soldier strafing like Speedy Gonzales.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Awesome! I've been hoping this would come in eventually. Halo's been doing this for years, crediting the last person to damage someone with the kill in cases where someone drives off a cliff or throws a bad nade and gets themselves.

Good feature coming if so!
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • ElliotLH
    9183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Hawxxeye
    7060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    They will redeploy instead :D

Lol you're so right :dizzy:
  • Terminator000001
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I already saw people who set up a macro for that.

Was in a dogfight with someone, the guy was pitching up, I was in the right angle to finish him, his plane was on fire and then he was suddenly dead. Killfeed showed that he used redeploy.

I can surely say, that he could never do this by himself by going to the menu and click redeploy. I would've noticed his plane to go in a straight line then.
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Was in a dogfight with someone, the guy was pitching up, I was in the right angle to finish him, his plane was on fire and then he was suddenly dead. Killfeed showed that he used redeploy.

I can surely say, that he could never do this by himself by going to the menu and click redeploy. I would've noticed his plane to go in a straight line then.

Oh god don’t tell me they broke the auto repair 🤦🏼‍♂️ 😄
  • Terminator000001
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)

Oh god don’t tell me they broke the auto repair 🤦🏼‍♂️ 😄
    Quick and Self Repair work just fine. I guess that dude just didn´t want me to have the kill. 
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spanked a fighter plane with a stationary anti tank gun and got 48 damage loooool uninstalled
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FunFact: Allied/ Japanese AA does around 8 dmg per hit and can down a plane before overheating... germann AA does 4 dmg per hit shoots faster, but it overheats before downing a plane... german have the weakest AA in the game...

The biggest Problem with SAA is that they are mostly positioned in horrible places and you will most likely be sniped away after fring some shoots on several maps... for example operation mercury... theres an SAA at the sea what means you will be constantly sniped from the mountains... the other one is at D what means you will be sniped away from the mountains... the only save SAA is on the german side and semi save on the mountain side... bad bad map design...
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FunFact: Allied/ Japanese AA does around 8 dmg per hit and can down a plane before overheating... germann AA does 4 dmg per hit shoots faster, but it overheats before downing a plane... german have the weakest AA in the game...

The biggest Problem with SAA is that they are mostly positioned in horrible places and you will most likely be sniped away after fring some shoots on several maps... for example operation mercury... theres an SAA at the sea what means you will be constantly sniped from the mountains... the other one is at D what means you will be sniped away from the mountains... the only save SAA is on the german side and semi save on the mountain side... bad bad map design...
    I'm hitting and getting hit for the same damage whether it's a Pacific or Western front AA. Fighters take 12 damage of pure splash when your shots get within 2 meters of the plane, 25 if you somehow manage to directly hit the plane.  The difference is just that more of the planes on the Western front are Bombers with upgraded armor (Pacific doesn't even have attack planes, let alone bombers)
  • warriorjoy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have spent a good bit of time on the AA's, have gotten fairly good on them but against a descent pilot, really don't have a chance. Some will fly close enough to drop their bombs, but my AA just starts to hit them and they turn and go away. They can sneak up behind you and blindside you, or sometimes team up on you. One big issue is your viewing area(s), many of the AA's are stuck where tree's, are in the way blocking a section of the sky, other spots are open to snipers/tanks, not to mention the damage the guns take if you don't get killed. Planes can heal but unless you are support, the gun wont. Against the good pilots, I give up and use the FF, but that in itself is annoying as 9 times out of 10, I just damage the plane when I am lucky enough to hit it. 
    This is exactly my point
    Any decent pilot does not worry about the AA or FF as he just flies away, heals and then dive bombs from a different angle at speed
    Just saw a pilot wipe out 6 tanks in a row, within 7 minutes of the game
    Destroyed the AA 2 or 3 times
    Quit the server as it was pointless
  • warriorjoy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because of this thread, I decided to hop in a plane on Wake Island I died with one pass of an AA gun. I counted the shots, He landed three  and I was dead. One  pass.   Now tanks, tanks are a different story.  You can unload your entire arsenal on a tank and still not take it out. But thats another thread. 
    That's not right
    Your hit register would have been off
    Try getting on the AA and taking out a few planes, see how you go
    For tanks just use dynamite
  • fragnstein
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    Omg dice SAAs are useless!!!! NERF PLANES TO HELL!!!!!!!!!

You were hit at close range with a FF as you released the flares. The aa just finished you off. Don't act like the aa alone is what killed you.

What's the purpose of the ANTI AIRCRAFT gun if it doesn't take out aircraft? It would be the equivalent of a tank taking multiple PF (like 10) or field cannons to kill it. Then you want to use the line of get in a plane to kill a plane, so then get in a tank to kill a tank sounds right?
  • MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    Because of this thread, I decided to hop in a plane on Wake Island I died with one pass of an AA gun. I counted the shots, He landed three  and I was dead. One  pass.   Now tanks, tanks are a different story.  You can unload your entire arsenal on a tank and still not take it out. But thats another thread. 
    That's not right
    Your hit register would have been off
    Try getting on the AA and taking out a few planes, see how you go
    For tanks just use dynamite
    +1   
  • MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have spent a good bit of time on the AA's, have gotten fairly good on them but against a descent pilot, really don't have a chance. Some will fly close enough to drop their bombs, but my AA just starts to hit them and they turn and go away. They can sneak up behind you and blindside you, or sometimes team up on you. One big issue is your viewing area(s), many of the AA's are stuck where tree's, are in the way blocking a section of the sky, other spots are open to snipers/tanks, not to mention the damage the guns take if you don't get killed. Planes can heal but unless you are support, the gun wont. Against the good pilots, I give up and use the FF, but that in itself is annoying as 9 times out of 10, I just damage the plane when I am lucky enough to hit it. 
    This is exactly my point
    Any decent pilot does not worry about the AA or FF as he just flies away, heals and then dive bombs from a different angle at speed
    Just saw a pilot wipe out 6 tanks in a row, within 7 minutes of the game
    Destroyed the AA 2 or 3 times
    Quit the server as it was pointless
    I feel your pain. As a dedicated tanker I'm still trying to work out a way to use a tank within the same match as these pilots within pacific. Your get hit to almost no health often, nothing really can stop that especially ground AA of any form by randoms. I'm just trying to stay operational and in some form help my side more than just taking the bombs and rockets from one or more pilots per round.

I need more time but I may have found a work around this.
  • warriorjoy
    In addition why are there 3 Japanese planes but only 1 AA gun on Iwo Jima beach
    I will be taking 1 plane down only to be destroyed by a 2nd
    Idiotic
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In addition why are there 3 Japanese planes but only 1 AA gun on Iwo Jima beach
    I will be taking 1 plane down only to be destroyed by a 2nd
    Idiotic
    Each of the large landing craft has 2 AA guns, plus the one on the beach itself.  So, there's actually 5 AA guns first sector, next has 4 (lose the 2 on the rear landing craft, but gain one above A)  The Americans always have the unique advantage of AA inside their spawn, meaning they don't really have to worry about infantry and can focus on just the planes, unlike the Japanese.  Plus, the Americans get just as many planes (more actually, since the vehicle spawns reset every sector for attackers but not defenders)