AA Guns are Totally Underpowered

1234568»

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last night on Fjell Conquest, an enemy pilot topped his team with 63-0.
    He was mocking us on the other team by saying "ez pz" etc. on chat.
    A couple of us tried to explain to him how pathetic it was to gloat like that when what he'd achieved was via plane use.
    That only made him mock us more.

I swear, I wish I'd been using Fliegerfaust before it was nerfed, but I never did.
    Pilot tears are the best tears!
  • MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    A couple of us tried to explain to him how pathetic it was to gloat like that when what he'd achieved was via plane use.

I swear, I wish I'd been using Fliegerfaust before it was nerfed, but I never did.
    Trust, if ever they make ground AA effective again, there will be a overflow of tears on these boards. I get pilots going mad in chat on me and having a full nervous breakdown because I took them out once with the crappy ground AA we got in match, even though they still went something stupid on the score and kills and they won that round.  
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    VOLBANKER said:

You do realize the only reason a pilot could possibly end the round with 0 deaths on Fjell is because absolutely no one made an effort to shoot them down, yeah?  Each team gets 5 planes, and there are AA guns on every objective, plus the fact that the FF is the only Assault gadget1 with any purpose on Fjell other than acting as an explosive shotgun.  That pilot was totally accurate with that "ez pz," your team gave him absolutely no resistance.
    Give your planes a little AA support so they don't need to worry as much about getting a fighter on their 6 and they'll have the leeway to go after whatever targets they please, including any "orbital" bombers. (Altitude limit is actually well within range of AA unless the pilot specifically takes the altitude upgrade)
    You might not even need them to actually even dogfight or go after planes at all if the people with AA have the faintest idea what they're doing.
  • VOLBANKER
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:

You do realize the only reason a pilot could possibly end the round with 0 deaths on Fjell is because absolutely no one made an effort to shoot them down, yeah?  Each team gets 5 planes, and there are AA guns on every objective, plus the fact that the FF is the only Assault gadget1 with any purpose on Fjell other than acting as an explosive shotgun.  That pilot was totally accurate with that "ez pz," your team gave him absolutely no resistance.
    Give your planes a little AA support so they don't need to worry as much about getting a fighter on their 6 and they'll have the leeway to go after whatever targets they please, including any "orbital" bombers. (Altitude limit is actually well within range of AA unless the pilot specifically takes the altitude upgrade)
    You might not even need them to actually even dogfight or go after planes at all if the people with AA have the faintest idea what they're doing.

I was using FF, so the enemy pilots did get some resistance, but I had a bad day aiming-wise.
    Also, just for the record, I hit the same plane twice with my FF - second hit was while the plane was still spotted from my previous hit - however the pilot must have quick repaired or something, if that's possible at all, cause either way the plane didn't go down.

I've shot down 46 planes with the nerfed FF, so usually I do alright with it.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    VOLBANKER said:

I was using FF, so the enemy pilots did get some resistance, but I had a bad day aiming-wise.
    Also, just for the record, I hit the same plane twice with my FF - second hit was while the plane was still spotted from my previous hit - however the pilot must have quick repaired or something, if that's possible at all, cause either way the plane didn't go down.

I've shot down 46 planes with the nerfed FF, so usually I do alright with it.
    On Iwo CQ, I hit the same plane twice all the time with the FF, they still fly off. You really need another person with you, ideally on a mic. So far I'm alone trying to stop zero's taking out the armour on the beach. no real surprise really as the tanks etc roll out from ships, and most of the infantry are at A flags etc on the mountains. But I feel sorry for newb tankers trying to climb that beach front facing Type 97's on the very top, snipers spotting them, and zero's wiping them out with ease, so I try to help.
  • CT1924
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

But if he had a fully specced plane, and you didn't...forget it.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why was it a good idea to give bombers nukes...lol
    I feel like most AA's are shooting airsoftbullets, just like most other weapons.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    German AA is underpowerde, Allied/ Japan AA is okay... still somehow placed in werid place... they should really buff german AA it is oberheating way to fast... on the other hand sometimes it takes you 160 dmg to take down a bomber sometimes only 100, sometimes it takes up to 140 dmg to take down a fighter plane some times only 100 dmg this is really weird...
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    German AA is underpowerde, Allied/ Japan AA is okay... still somehow placed in werid place... they should really buff german AA it is oberheating way to fast... on the other hand sometimes it takes you 160 dmg to take down a bomber sometimes only 100, sometimes it takes up to 140 dmg to take down a fighter plane some times only 100 dmg this is really weird...
    Not sure if "oBerheating" was intentional or not (V being close to B on keyboard), but I like it! Fits the paragraph well :smile: