What BF1 Could Have Done Better

PSJackman4
37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I loved Battlefield 1 as much as the next guy, but there were things that EA and Dice could have done differently.

The melee weapons were one of my favorite features in BF1, and i was so excited when i unlocked all the puzzle pieces for one. But what if you could create a custom trench club? In WW1, soldiers crafted bludgeon tools using the things around them. They would take a piece of wood and hammer in pieces of scrap metal. What if you could do that in game? You would unlock the wood pieces or metal bits via. the battle packs, and there would be a crafting bench in the customize soldier menu. 

On the topic of melee weapons, what if there were multiple melee animations for each location you attacked an enemy. For example, there would be 3 random animations that would be triggered if you attacked an enemy in front of them with a shovel. And this goes with all battlefield games, add a fist melee weapon. you could just punch your enemy to death! That would be cool!

EA and Dice also lacked in the soldier appearance customization in BF1. It would be great if there were early war and late war uniforms for each faction. And have multiple skins for each class, like 5 different skins for the German support class. It would a lot of work to customize different uniforms for each faction's class, but i think that it would be worth it in the end. 

Personally, I think it would be cool if there was a gamemode called Trench Raid. It would be a multiplayer gamemode, and in it you along with 64 other players on your team, would go over the top and attack the enemy trench. The other team (with 64 players) would defend their trench line, but they would not be able to go into No Man's Land. The load outs would be pre-made to be historically accurate. Yo are also one hit, and once you die, you are unable to respawn. If all attackers are killed, the first round will end, and a second one would be begin. If they loose, the attacking team may be reenforced with 1-4 Landships. Once the defending trench is overrun, the attackers will win, but if the attackers loose all 5 rounds, they loose. The attackers may also have friendly artillery raining down on the enemy positions.  The defending team would have rifle men, and mounted machine guns. The attackers also have rifle men, and also portable machine gunners. 

Comments

• PSJackman4
    If any of you have any other ideas for Bf1 features, list them below, I would enjoy reading them :D
  • TheGM86
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What bf1 could have done better
    Stay in the oven until it was finished instead of coming out in a hurried and broken state.

• PSJackman4
    TheGM86 said:
    What bf1 could have done better
    Stay in the oven until it was finished instead of coming out in a hurried and broken state.

Ikr? BF1 was a masterpiece and is actually my favorite Battlefield game of all time, but as with everything, you can all ways perfect it!
  • PSJackman4
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)

BF1 came out in a broken state? I must have been playing a different game. I honestly don’t remember anything broken about BF1 when it launched or maybe it didn’t affect me? BFV on the other hand is a different story.
    I don't believe that BF1 came out in a broken state either. Sure yeah, the gap between the launch and the first DLC was a while, but like I said above, it was a masterpiece. BF4 had more content at launch than BF1. But BF1's launch was solid compared to BF4 and BFV.
  • IM_A_BLIND_KID
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could have made the netcode better so the laggy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ people don't get an advantage and after putting your entire clip into them nothing happens...but turn around and 1 shot you. The games a mess and hasn't worked correctly for years so much utter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • PSJackman4
    The game was definitely more polished and complete than BF4 when they pulled it out of the oven. Launch balance was garbage though, definitely improved the game miles since then with their myriad vehicle changes explosives nerfs and weapon rebalance. 

I would have made all DLCs as complete and good as the first 2 were. Turning Tides isn't as noticeable a drop since they split up the launch to finish it all but Apocalypse is so low effort and unfinished its hard to imagine it came from the same studio as the rest of the game. Its made even worse by the fact that 2/3 of the most notable battles were just given sloppy poorly balanced CQ Assault and nothing more. Missing 3 Operations from what we assumed we'd get sucks too. Unfortunately more Shock Operations were not made. I also would have changed the artillery truck mortar and heavy bomber, still find it hard to believe they had 3 more updates after they broke them and never fixed either. Really gives ground to my theory they did it on purpose to try and make the game less fun so people would convert to BF V. 
    I agree with you, because I also think that BF1's last two DLC's were not as magnificent as the first two. Tbh, I think EA and Dice should drop BFV and go back to BF1 lol. Too bad the other small games modes such as Shock Operations, War Pigeons, Supply Drop, etc. are dead on PS4. I liked those game modes a lot. And for me, it seems as if BF1 is dead altogether on PS4. I can only find at least 2 full games of the weekly rotation. I also rarely get an operations server. Its so sad to see my most favorite game of al time losing players ;(. Is it different on Xbox or PC? Just curious.

• ronybaloney
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The game was definitely more polished and complete than BF4 when they pulled it out of the oven. Launch balance was garbage though, definitely improved the game miles since then with their myriad vehicle changes explosives nerfs and weapon rebalance. 

I would have made all DLCs as complete and good as the first 2 were. Turning Tides isn't as noticeable a drop since they split up the launch to finish it all but Apocalypse is so low effort and unfinished its hard to imagine it came from the same studio as the rest of the game. Its made even worse by the fact that 2/3 of the most notable battles were just given sloppy poorly balanced CQ Assault and nothing more. Missing 3 Operations from what we assumed we'd get sucks too. Unfortunately more Shock Operations were not made. I also would have changed the artillery truck mortar and heavy bomber, still find it hard to believe they had 3 more updates after they broke them and never fixed either. Really gives ground to my theory they did it on purpose to try and make the game less fun so people would convert to BF V. 
    I agree with you, because I also think that BF1's last two DLC's were not as magnificent as the first two. Tbh, I think EA and Dice should drop BFV and go back to BF1 lol. Too bad the other small games modes such as Shock Operations, War Pigeons, Supply Drop, etc. are dead on PS4. I liked those game modes a lot. And for me, it seems as if BF1 is dead altogether on PS4. I can only find at least 2 full games of the weekly rotation. I also rarely get an operations server. Its so sad to see my most favorite game of al time losing players ;(. Is it different on Xbox or PC? Just curious.

I think you need to re-set your filters in the server browser. I play PS4 and there are full Operations and Conquest servers galore. Day, night, weekend, weekday. Happily, the game seems to have plenty of life left.
  • PSJackman4

I think you need to re-set your filters in the server browser. I play PS4 and there are full Operations and Conquest servers galore. Day, night, weekend, weekday. Happily, the game seems to have plenty of life left.
    Thanks! I made some custom filters and I found a bunch of servers. Thx a lot! :)
  • WetFishDB
    2171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could have made the netcode better so the laggy **** people don't get an advantage and after putting your entire clip into them nothing happens...but turn around and 1 shot you. The games a mess and hasn't worked correctly for years so much utter ****.
    Did this earn you the barn?  Tut tut lol.

It's interesting, I find high pingers frustrating, but also low pingers seem to sponge quite a bit too.  That said, generally I find the hit detection okay, just wished they could have found a way to put in 60Hz Conquest Servers.  They couldn't do it in BFV either (not even for the smaller modes on Conquest).  Such a shame.  Fingers crossed next gen does, as that should help with hit detection.
  • PSJackman4
    I'm very happy to see that this post is doing this well, thank you all for the support! :)
  • MogwaiWarrior
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could have made the netcode better so the laggy **** people don't get an advantage and after putting your entire clip into them nothing happens...but turn around and 1 shot you. The games a mess and hasn't worked correctly for years so much utter ****.

This is one thing I think is great, the netcode. You want to talk about horrendous netcode, at least for me, then go play BFV.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The one thing that still makes my blood boil is the bayonet charge where 9/10 no matter how many bullets you put into the guy he just keeps charging and there’s nothing you can do but take your death.
  • MarxistDictator
    5046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I love the times when I actually dodge a bayonet charge but die to the phantom hitbox of it where you just fall over and die without animation. Probably happens more than me actually killing the bayonet charger or avoiding him.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

Probably because EA/DICE being so darn cheap using AWS which you probably can’t do this on.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The no brainer would be to do like CoD does and not have a loss count towards your stats when joining an already lost game, some people don't want to suck up losses not of their own making. That and/or add match progress in the server browser.
  • opsis_1
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    128 trench raiders..coming from 1500hrs Metro I'm down lol.
  • HiredRanger
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trench raiders should be removed.   But in general, you have to have a sense of proportion.  Compared to BFV.... this was, newton finding that an apple landed on his head in comparison with quantum theory.