Has the Selb 1906 always been an SAR, not an SLR?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Title.

Killed like 6 dudes today without realizing that the daily challenge wasn't completing, then I switched weapons I saw that it was considered a Semi-Automatic Rifle, instead of a Self-Loading one now. Kind of dumb to re-classify a weapon and make it useless for the challenges geared towards that class.

Comments

• hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I mean , it looked like a sar and its classify as slr in bf1 but its a sar afterall
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:
    I mean , it looked like a sar and its classify as slr in bf1 but its a sar afterall
    The terminology in this game is borked anyway. Any weapon in the game is technically considered "self-loading" because a new round is chambered automatically from a clip or magazine after firing. Also, every "SLR" in-game is actually an SAR, but DICE went and made the distinction, so I was wondering why they went back on their own terminology and classification for a single weapon.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I only know ranking does no longer work for the Selb when you use it as sniper, I am stuck at rank 8 and no matter howmany kills I make with it, it does not change.
  • jroggs
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was definitely an SLR before, it got changed a couple months ago.

As for why they changed this, I have no idea. All SARs are SLRs, as SLRs are all rifles that automatically perform the entire ejecting and chambering cycle through standard fire (whether it's semi-automatic, fully automatic, burst, or selectfire).

We all just kind of rolled with it with BF1 and BFV, as it was a bizarre but consistent way of designating weapons by class. Then they went and created that identical sub-category just for the Selb 06. Who knows.