Tank reinforcement etiquette

PeaceWeaver
210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2020
What are your thoughts on reinforcement etiquette when playing in random squads?

As a general rule, if I’m not squad leader and I see that the squad leader has called in a Hachi/T34/Sturmtiger, I’ll wait a few seconds to see if they redeploy to use it. If they don’t, I assume it’s up for grabs and will spawn into the driver’s seat, but will relinquish the driver’s seat to the squad leader if asked. After all, I figure, a decent squad leader is only going to call in such a powerful reinforcement (a) if they know how to use it, or (b) if they’re confident that someone on the squad knows how to use it.

Lately, as squad leader, I’ve had to deal with the frustration of calling in tank reinforcements, redeploying, and seeing that a squad mate (usually a lower ranked Christmas player at the bottom of the scoreboard, who contributed very little towards obtaining that tank) has died and spawned into the driver’s seat. These individuals typically get the tank blown up in seconds, throwing nearly 21k squad points down the drain. I vented about this on Reddit the other day and got blasted with downvotes by people saying things like “how else are they going to learn?” and whatnot.

My thinking on the subject is this: if you’re relatively new to the game, have little to no experience driving tanks, and only contributed 1-2k’s worth of points towards the tank, it’s better for your squad and your team to let the more experienced tank driver take the driver’s seat. It’s also better to learn how to drive tanks by using the “free for all” tanks that don’t cost squad points. Everyone in the squad contributes towards reinforcement tanks, yes, but that does not mean that everyone is well-equipped skill-wise to make the best use of said tank. As we all know, these tanks can make the difference between winning and losing a match of Breakthrough if used properly, and it’s a shame to see them go to waste. Inexperienced tankers would learn more about reinforcement tanks, IMO, by sitting in the gunner’s seat and seeing how the driver positions himself/evades attacks, and can also help the driver by getting kills and identifying threats (which is very easy on the Sturmtiger, for instance). They will learn very little by driving straight into the heart of an objective and getting the tank blown up in seconds by enemy assaults.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • CT1924
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. Higher scoring players should get priority.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I completely disagree. You know how I learned to use vehicles? By actually using them and making mistakes for a while. (I don't know anyone who built their playstyle by following teammates and observing them.) Also, it's just one match. Even in a worst case scenario, if that noob teammate drove that squad tank over the front lines, hopped out, and gave it to the other team, it's just one match.

    It's a moot point anyway, because inexperienced players wouldn't have any notion of this elitist make-way-for-real-players-you-noob mindset anyway. If you want to talk "etiquette," then I'd say that starts with letting people enjoy their own experience without trying to make them feel like selfish jerks for an inefficient use of a squad call-in.

    If you're the squad leader and you just want to make sure you get the supertank for yourself, wait until everyone in your squad is alive, then call it in and redeploy. Or boot them all and lock the squad if you really, really, really want to take no chances.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    I completely disagree. You know how I learned to use vehicles? By actually using them and making mistakes for a while. (I don't know anyone who built their playstyle by following teammates and observing them.) Also, it's just one match. Even in a worst case scenario, if that noob teammate drove that squad tank over the front lines, hopped out, and gave it to the other team, it's just one match.

    It's a moot point anyway, because inexperienced players wouldn't have any notion of this elitist make-way-for-real-players-you-noob mindset anyway. If you want to talk "etiquette," then I'd say that starts with letting people enjoy their own experience without trying to make them feel like selfish jerks for an inefficient use of a squad call-in.

    If you're the squad leader and you just want to make sure you get the supertank for yourself, wait until everyone in your squad is alive, then call it in and redeploy. Or boot them all and lock the squad if you really, really, really want to take no chances.

    It really doesn’t come from an “elitist” perspective, though... Your response is typical of the responses I received on Reddit. I’m thinking of the entire team here, not myself. Tank reinforcements can win matches, and it’s really disappointing to see them get squandered in seconds by guys who have mostly spent the entire match dying. Why does that one person’s “fun” and enjoyment of the game trump everyone else’s fun and enjoyment of the game?
  • almothana11
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. I always do what you do when a squad leader orders a tank. and I get a little mad when I order a tank and a noob takes it.
    But... you can't do much about it and it's just a game and I don't really care much about who wins or loses tbh as long as I'm having fun
  • Dr_Steamfur
    337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    I completely disagree. You know how I learned to use vehicles? By actually using them and making mistakes for a while. (I don't know anyone who built their playstyle by following teammates and observing them.) Also, it's just one match. Even in a worst case scenario, if that noob teammate drove that squad tank over the front lines, hopped out, and gave it to the other team, it's just one match.

    It's a moot point anyway, because inexperienced players wouldn't have any notion of this elitist make-way-for-real-players-you-noob mindset anyway. If you want to talk "etiquette," then I'd say that starts with letting people enjoy their own experience without trying to make them feel like selfish jerks for an inefficient use of a squad call-in.

    If you're the squad leader and you just want to make sure you get the supertank for yourself, wait until everyone in your squad is alive, then call it in and redeploy. Or boot them all and lock the squad if you really, really, really want to take no chances.

    It really doesn’t come from an “elitist” perspective, though... Your response is typical of the responses I received on Reddit. I’m thinking of the entire team here, not myself. Tank reinforcements can win matches, and it’s really disappointing to see them get squandered in seconds by guys who have mostly spent the entire match dying. Why does that one person’s “fun” and enjoyment of the game trump everyone else’s fun and enjoyment of the game?
    I do better in tanks than I do on foot. What about n00bs like me who have 20 deaths in a match, 30% of those from respawns. I play mostly with MMG, its what I like. I die because the devs at dice FAIL to realize that MMGs defense is tied directly to their offense. While other classes get the luxury of bunny hopping, strafing, sprinting, etc, MMG users get....ya, exactly that, NOTHING. No suppression (not REAL suppression anyway) and no way to defend. Because people QQ about lane campers, MMGs have all been nerfed into oblivion...but its still what I like to play. So, I die A LOT. But does that make me a fail in a tank? 

    In fact, I often wonder how it is that people go with so few deaths when I can get at least 5 in a match just spawning in, EVEN at our base spawn. 


    Your statement is short sighted. 
  • fragnstein
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    I completely disagree. You know how I learned to use vehicles? By actually using them and making mistakes for a while. (I don't know anyone who built their playstyle by following teammates and observing them.) Also, it's just one match. Even in a worst case scenario, if that noob teammate drove that squad tank over the front lines, hopped out, and gave it to the other team, it's just one match.

    It's a moot point anyway, because inexperienced players wouldn't have any notion of this elitist make-way-for-real-players-you-noob mindset anyway. If you want to talk "etiquette," then I'd say that starts with letting people enjoy their own experience without trying to make them feel like selfish jerks for an inefficient use of a squad call-in.

    If you're the squad leader and you just want to make sure you get the supertank for yourself, wait until everyone in your squad is alive, then call it in and redeploy. Or boot them all and lock the squad if you really, really, really want to take no chances.

    It really doesn’t come from an “elitist” perspective, though... Your response is typical of the responses I received on Reddit. I’m thinking of the entire team here, not myself. Tank reinforcements can win matches, and it’s really disappointing to see them get squandered in seconds by guys who have mostly spent the entire match dying. Why does that one person’s “fun” and enjoyment of the game trump everyone else’s fun and enjoyment of the game?

    You ask for thoughts and when someone has a different view , you want to change their minds
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    jroggs wrote: »
    I completely disagree. You know how I learned to use vehicles? By actually using them and making mistakes for a while. (I don't know anyone who built their playstyle by following teammates and observing them.) Also, it's just one match. Even in a worst case scenario, if that noob teammate drove that squad tank over the front lines, hopped out, and gave it to the other team, it's just one match.

    It's a moot point anyway, because inexperienced players wouldn't have any notion of this elitist make-way-for-real-players-you-noob mindset anyway. If you want to talk "etiquette," then I'd say that starts with letting people enjoy their own experience without trying to make them feel like selfish jerks for an inefficient use of a squad call-in.

    If you're the squad leader and you just want to make sure you get the supertank for yourself, wait until everyone in your squad is alive, then call it in and redeploy. Or boot them all and lock the squad if you really, really, really want to take no chances.

    It really doesn’t come from an “elitist” perspective, though... Your response is typical of the responses I received on Reddit. I’m thinking of the entire team here, not myself. Tank reinforcements can win matches, and it’s really disappointing to see them get squandered in seconds by guys who have mostly spent the entire match dying. Why does that one person’s “fun” and enjoyment of the game trump everyone else’s fun and enjoyment of the game?

    You ask for thoughts and when someone has a different view , you want to change their minds

    I’m not trying to change their mind, I’m contesting the idea that this frustrates me because I’m “elitist” or because I want the tank for myself. It’s better for the entire squad and the team if these reinforcements are used by guys who do more than just get them destroyed in a few seconds. I don’t care if decent tankers use them; in fact, if I know there’s another decent tanker on the squad, I’ll encourage them to take the reinforcement so that I’m free to focus on revives and what not.

    What kills me is the Recon who doesn’t help the team whatsoever, who fails to pick up downed squadmates, who’s amassed a score of approx 2k over thirty minutes, who then spawns into a Hachi and gets it destroyed immediately...
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I do better in tanks than I do on foot. What about n00bs like me who have 20 deaths in a match, 30% of those from respawns. I play mostly with MMG, its what I like. I die because the devs at dice FAIL to realize that MMGs defense is tied directly to their offense. While other classes get the luxury of bunny hopping, strafing, sprinting, etc, MMG users get....ya, exactly that, NOTHING. No suppression (not REAL suppression anyway) and no way to defend. Because people QQ about lane campers, MMGs have all been nerfed into oblivion...but its still what I like to play. So, I die A LOT. But does that make me a fail in a tank? 

    In fact, I often wonder how it is that people go with so few deaths when I can get at least 5 in a match just spawning in, EVEN at our base spawn. 


    Your statement is short sighted. 

    This isn’t about MMGs... or about anyone other than squad leaders taking reinforcements. This is about bad players who do nothing for their team taking expensive reinforcements that they barely contributed towards and getting it destroyed in seconds. If you’re a decent tanker and you spawn into a Hachi or T34 and demonstrate that you actually know how to use it, I’m more than happy if you take the driver’s seat!

  • Dr_Steamfur
    337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I do better in tanks than I do on foot. What about n00bs like me who have 20 deaths in a match, 30% of those from respawns. I play mostly with MMG, its what I like. I die because the devs at dice FAIL to realize that MMGs defense is tied directly to their offense. While other classes get the luxury of bunny hopping, strafing, sprinting, etc, MMG users get....ya, exactly that, NOTHING. No suppression (not REAL suppression anyway) and no way to defend. Because people QQ about lane campers, MMGs have all been nerfed into oblivion...but its still what I like to play. So, I die A LOT. But does that make me a fail in a tank? 

    In fact, I often wonder how it is that people go with so few deaths when I can get at least 5 in a match just spawning in, EVEN at our base spawn. 


    Your statement is short sighted. 

    This isn’t about MMGs... or about anyone other than squad leaders taking reinforcements. This is about bad players who do nothing for their team taking expensive reinforcements that they barely contributed towards and getting it destroyed in seconds. If you’re a decent tanker and you spawn into a Hachi or T34 and demonstrate that you actually know how to use it, I’m more than happy if you take the driver’s seat!

    Please work on your reading comprehension. I gave a real life/real game scenario that details in part why a "good tank player" might otherwise have bad KD ratio or a lot of deaths, as you ASSUME a lot of deaths is equal to being a bad player. 

    My argument (that clearly went over your head) is that a high death count does not prove in anyway shape or form that a player is bad. In fact, that player might be the best one for your tank...that is something you will never know, and frankly its not up to you to determine how someone else plays. 

    I turn the tide of battles almost daily when I get into a tank. I know when to push, I know when to hang back. Infantry always feel good about rushing at the sight of a tank, even if that tank is going to die doing so. Net result, team wins and the "bad player" with all his deaths was the reason why. 
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    jroggs wrote: »
    I completely disagree. You know how I learned to use vehicles? By actually using them and making mistakes for a while. (I don't know anyone who built their playstyle by following teammates and observing them.) Also, it's just one match. Even in a worst case scenario, if that noob teammate drove that squad tank over the front lines, hopped out, and gave it to the other team, it's just one match.

    It's a moot point anyway, because inexperienced players wouldn't have any notion of this elitist make-way-for-real-players-you-noob mindset anyway. If you want to talk "etiquette," then I'd say that starts with letting people enjoy their own experience without trying to make them feel like selfish jerks for an inefficient use of a squad call-in.

    If you're the squad leader and you just want to make sure you get the supertank for yourself, wait until everyone in your squad is alive, then call it in and redeploy. Or boot them all and lock the squad if you really, really, really want to take no chances.

    It really doesn’t come from an “elitist” perspective, though... Your response is typical of the responses I received on Reddit. I’m thinking of the entire team here, not myself. Tank reinforcements can win matches, and it’s really disappointing to see them get squandered in seconds by guys who have mostly spent the entire match dying. Why does that one person’s “fun” and enjoyment of the game trump everyone else’s fun and enjoyment of the game?

    You ask for thoughts and when someone has a different view , you want to change their minds

    Huh, I responded to this comment and the forums gobbled it up. Anyway: I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind, I’m just contesting the idea that this is frustrating to me because I’m “elitist” or because I want the tank for myself. It’s frustrating to me because I know that these tanks can be game changers in close matches, and it’s so frustrating when they’re taken by guys who’ve done jack all to help their squad or their team, who then get the tank destroyed almost immediately, wasting 21k squad points. I honestly don’t care if people use these expensive reinforcements if they know what they’re doing. The argument “but how else will they learn?” doesn’t apply, because anyone can learn how to tank by driving regular tanks. Once you know how to drive regular tanks, reinforcement tanks are easy.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Please work on your reading comprehension. I gave a real life/real game scenario that details in part why a "good tank player" might otherwise have bad KD ratio or a lot of deaths, as you ASSUME a lot of deaths is equal to being a bad player. 

    My argument (that clearly went over your head) is that a high death count does not prove in anyway shape or form that a player is bad. In fact, that player might be the best one for your tank...that is something you will never know, and frankly its not up to you to determine how someone else plays. 

    I turn the tide of battles almost daily when I get into a tank. I know when to push, I know when to hang back. Infantry always feel good about rushing at the sight of a tank, even if that tank is going to die doing so. Net result, team wins and the "bad player" with all his deaths was the reason why. 

    My dude, you did not read or comprehend MY response. I realize that good tankers might have bad infantry KDs. I don’t care about that; if you spawn into a reinforcement with a bad KD, but demonstrate that you actually know what you’re doing by NOT getting the 21k squad point tank blown up in seconds by assault players (getting one-shot by pilots is totally understandable, because no one can prevent that) then this thread is not aimed at you. What’s frustrating to me is when guys who DON’T know how to tank, and are sitting at the bottom of the scoreboard (i.e. did not contribute much to the tank) spawn into the tank and get it destroyed quickly without doing anything with it to support the team.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I let anyone have the tanks I call in.  Cause feels like the 17K artillery call in doesn't really get any kills.  The 40K bomb is cool.  But need them meat grinder modes to really hit a cluster of players.  Smoke screen is meh.  Resupply I only buy when we have to spend so many squad points for a TOW.  Other wise i'll buy the 9K tank or the 20K tank.
  • Dr_Steamfur
    337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Please work on your reading comprehension. I gave a real life/real game scenario that details in part why a "good tank player" might otherwise have bad KD ratio or a lot of deaths, as you ASSUME a lot of deaths is equal to being a bad player. 

    My argument (that clearly went over your head) is that a high death count does not prove in anyway shape or form that a player is bad. In fact, that player might be the best one for your tank...that is something you will never know, and frankly its not up to you to determine how someone else plays. 

    I turn the tide of battles almost daily when I get into a tank. I know when to push, I know when to hang back. Infantry always feel good about rushing at the sight of a tank, even if that tank is going to die doing so. Net result, team wins and the "bad player" with all his deaths was the reason why. 

    My dude, you did not read or comprehend MY response. I realize that good tankers might have bad infantry KDs. I don’t care about that; if you spawn into a reinforcement with a bad KD, but demonstrate that you actually know what you’re doing by NOT getting the 21k squad point tank blown up in seconds by assault players (getting one-shot by pilots is totally understandable, because no one can prevent that) then this thread is not aimed at you. What’s frustrating to me is when guys who DON’T know how to tank, and are sitting at the bottom of the scoreboard (i.e. did not contribute much to the tank) spawn into the tank and get it destroyed quickly without doing anything with it to support the team.
    Understandable, but by your measurement, there is no different between my stats and your scrub tank n00b player. So, you want a system that scrubs that player out, then it scubs me out. Get my point? YOU CAN NOT DETERMINE by stats alone if they are going to be good or bad in that tank. 

    I have seen "pro" (probably cheaters) players get decimated in tanks because they thought their cheats would save them. They have high stats, probably got amassed all the points for your tank drop in the first place. 

    The argument can be made both ways, which is why I feel your argument is null. 
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Understandable, but by your measurement, there is no different between my stats and your scrub tank n00b player. So, you want a system that scrubs that player out, then it scubs me out. Get my point? YOU CAN NOT DETERMINE by stats alone if they are going to be good or bad in that tank. 

    I have seen "pro" (probably cheaters) players get decimated in tanks because they thought their cheats would save them. They have high stats, probably got amassed all the points for your tank drop in the first place. 

    The argument can be made both ways, which is why I feel your argument is null. 

    How is my argument null? My argument is not about stats. Please read it again. To reiterate: it’s frustrating to me when people with a low score spawn into an expensive reinforcement tank and get it destroyed in seconds because they don’t know what they’re doing. That last bit? The bolded part? That’s the important part. If you have a low score but actually know how to tank, then by all means, use the tank and use it to good effect! However, if you have a low score and DON’T know how to tank, please be a team player and don’t waste the tank that you barely contributed towards. Score OBVIOUSLY isn’t a reflection of how well one can tank. I only bring up score, because people stated on Reddit that a reinforcement tank is fair game for any noob tanker to use “because everyone contributes to it.”

    I also don’t want any “system” that “scrubs that player out” (legit, when did I EVER say that?) I’m talking solely about etiquette, which is a behavioural thing. What I’m asking is that players who don’t know how to tank let experienced drivers use the expensive 21k reinforcement, especially if they spent the entire match doing nothing to help their team. It’s not really fair to the squad or the team as a whole when they waste such a powerful reinforcement that they barely helped to earn.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trying to figure out the point of this post.
    Your not going to change peoples minds and start a movement that will change the attitude of the general population, people will agree or they won't.
    So is it more on a personal level where you just want to gripe about a player in game? because in that case take it up with him.

    Back and forwards conversations on game elements is one thing, there's aspects that can be discussed from both sides and if the devs DO in fact read the forums then it's possible there could be change.
    But talk about what individual players should or shouldn't do seems a bit pointless.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trying to figure out the point of this post.
    Your not going to change peoples minds and start a movement that will change the attitude of the general population, people will agree or they won't.
    So is it more on a personal level where you just want to gripe about a player in game? because in that case take it up with him.

    Back and forwards conversations on game elements is one thing, there's aspects that can be discussed from both sides and if the devs DO in fact read the forums then it's possible there could be change.
    But talk about what individual players should or shouldn't do seems a bit pointless.

    This isn’t about any one particular player; it has been happening quite often lately, so it’s possibly “Christmas noob” related and will blow over once they move on to other games. Or maybe it’s a symptom of the “every man/woman for him/herself” attitude that has unfortunately invaded team-based games like Battlefield... I don’t know.

    I’m merely asking for fellow players’ opinions on reinforcement etiquette. I’m not asking the devs to do anything about it. I’m also not specifically looking to change anyone’s mind about anything; however, that being said, discussing points of frustration in forums might make people a little more aware of how their actions affect other people’s enjoyment of the game. It’s quite possible that there are guys out there who are completely oblivious to the fact that using reinforcements with no tanking experience hurts their team; they might think twice next time if they know that a Sturmtiger or Hachi/T34 in the right hands could win the match for their entire team. So I hardly think these sorts of discussions are pointless.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    I completely disagree. You know how I learned to use vehicles? By actually using them and making mistakes for a while. (I don't know anyone who built their playstyle by following teammates and observing them.) Also, it's just one match. Even in a worst case scenario, if that noob teammate drove that squad tank over the front lines, hopped out, and gave it to the other team, it's just one match.

    It's a moot point anyway, because inexperienced players wouldn't have any notion of this elitist make-way-for-real-players-you-noob mindset anyway. If you want to talk "etiquette," then I'd say that starts with letting people enjoy their own experience without trying to make them feel like selfish jerks for an inefficient use of a squad call-in.

    If you're the squad leader and you just want to make sure you get the supertank for yourself, wait until everyone in your squad is alive, then call it in and redeploy. Or boot them all and lock the squad if you really, really, really want to take no chances.

    It really doesn’t come from an “elitist” perspective, though... Your response is typical of the responses I received on Reddit. I’m thinking of the entire team here, not myself. Tank reinforcements can win matches, and it’s really disappointing to see them get squandered in seconds by guys who have mostly spent the entire match dying. Why does that one person’s “fun” and enjoyment of the game trump everyone else’s fun and enjoyment of the game?
    You said these lesser players, "usually a lower ranked Christmas player at the bottom of the scoreboard, who contributed very little towards obtaining that tank," shouldn't use these tanks because they're not good enough and they'd screw things up for you because they "typically get the tank blown up in seconds, throwing nearly 21k squad points down the drain," so they should have the decency to not take these tanks and instead meekly follow the better players around and see how the game is really supposed to be played.

    How do you not recognize that as elitism?

    You think the experience of 31 players hinges on how effectively the 32nd player uses a reinforcement tank? It would be one thing if that player took the tank and camped with it the entire match while the opposing team made full use of their tanks. But if he just dies fast because he's not very good, then that tank is immediately available to be called in again by your squad or anyone else's. So what's even the problem?

    You got on Reddit and people told you you were wrong, so you came here and people told you you were wrong. I guess you could try another BF community, but wouldn't it save time and make more sense to admit you might just be wrong?
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You said these lesser players, "usually a lower ranked Christmas player at the bottom of the scoreboard, who contributed very little towards obtaining that tank," shouldn't use these tanks because they're not good enough and they'd screw things up for you because they "typically get the tank blown up in seconds, throwing nearly 21k squad points down the drain," so they should have the decency to not take these tanks and instead meekly follow the better players around and see how the game is really supposed to be played.

    How do you not recognize that as elitism?

    You think the experience of 31 players hinges on how effectively the 32nd player uses a reinforcement tank? It would be one thing if that player took the tank and camped with it the entire match while the opposing team made full use of their tanks. But if he just dies fast because he's not very good, then that tank is immediately available to be called in again by your squad or anyone else's. So what's even the problem?

    You got on Reddit and people told you you were wrong, so you came here and people told you you were wrong. I guess you could try another BF community, but wouldn't it save time and make more sense to admit you might just be wrong?

    I freely admit I could be wrong. However, I’ve yet to see a compelling argument for why a bad player with no tanking experience SHOULD waste a 21k reinforcement that he barely contributed towards. Any player who does that, IMO, demonstrates a complete lack of appreciation for the team play aspect of Battlefield games. It’s one thing to spend the entire match sniping and doing nothing for the team; it’s another thing entirely to let a powerful reinforcement go to waste, especially when you contributed hardly anything towards it.

    If that way of thinking makes me “elitist”, then so be it. I’m merely thinking about the squad and the team — something that these guys quite clearly are not doing.
Sign In or Register to comment.