The Camp-Snipe Theory

TheMinotaur80
159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Alright, we all know TTK is too high, and most of these maps are nothing but camping maps, and what I call, "sniper meat maps". There's a reason for all this, and why the other FPS is doing the same thing, it's because they want to abolish rushers. These companies think they can cater to just one playing style, and alienate rushers? Yes, they do, and it's already happening. Before I get bombarded with "get good". My KDR is 2.55, and I'm a very aggressive medic. 

Comments

• disposalist
    8745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We do not all know TTK is too high, no. In BF1 it was good when it was generally higher, even, before TTK2.

A lot of maps give opportunity to snipers, yes, but that doesn't make sniping an effective activity.  There is a problem with too many snipers, but because they make your *own* team *ineffective* in PTFO.  CQC is still dominant for actually winning games.

I don't think they want to abolish rushers. To me it seems FPSs (certainly BF5 and CoD) are taking the TTK *down* too *low* and it totally favours either rushers or campers such that there is no room for any actual thought and tactics of a more normal and interesting type.
  • TheMinotaur80
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4

TTK is too high. When I have to put a whole clip in someone to kill them, that's when you know. TTK is high for campers, and snipers, and people with low skill levels, just so BF and COD can make more money, by bringing in people with less skill. 

Quite the contrary, lower TTK helps rushers. In fact, I can take on a whole team by myself, as long as I don't have to reload after killing 1 person. It's just not realistic.

Post edited by TheMinotaur80 on
  • TheMinotaur80
    By the way disposalist, most of the fan base is gone in this game because of high TTK.
  • Ronin9572
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    By the way disposalist, most of the fan base is gone in this game because of high TTK.

I remember when TTK 2.0 released 2 or 3 weeks later my PSN friends list was cut in half from ppl who played BF1. I think that and the weapons changes just upset ppl. At 1st it bothered me but I got used to it and I believe it helped me be a better player.
  • TheGM86
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:

I remember when TTK 2.0 released 2 or 3 weeks later my PSN friends list was cut in half from ppl who played BF1. I think that and the weapons changes just upset ppl. At 1st it bothered me but I got used to it and I believe it helped me be a better player.

they left the game after it got better? what a bunch of Ritters.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheGM86 said:
    Ronin9572 said:

It got worse and the game meta changed to feces with it.
  • TheGM86
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 said:
    Ronin9572 said:

Ritter'd

• Ronin9572
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yeah I just don't understand it either. A few came back and played BF1, especially after the played BFV, lol
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)

I just never understood that philosophy. Most games nowadays this sort of happens to. And more times than not changes are welcome.
  • TheMinotaur80
    edited January 15
    WetFishDB said:
    We do not all know TTK is too high, no. In BF1 it was good when it was generally higher, even, before TTK2.

A lot of maps give opportunity to snipers, yes, but that doesn't make sniping an effective activity.  There is a problem with too many snipers, but because they make your *own* team *ineffective* in PTFO.  CQC is still dominant for actually winning games.

I don't think they want to abolish rushers. To me it seems FPSs (certainly BF5 and CoD) are taking the TTK *down* too *low* and it totally favours either rushers or campers such that there is no room for any actual thought and tactics of a more normal and interesting type.
    Whilst I actually preferred the game before TTK2, I do think that the current BF1 TTK is probably better than BFV.  If you get a flank you can easily take down a whole squad, but good players still have enough time to react and not be caught out by every little camper. Plus the TTD experience is so much better in BF1.  And the squad play.  And the lack of attrition.  But that’s a different matter.

I suspect game mode might play a factor too, but on Conquest most maps allow a variety of play styles to suit how people want to play.  I do agree completely about your sniper sentiment though, too many on your team and you are probably going to lose.

As for the OP, no I don’t think they want to abolish rushers.  Objective based modes will always encourage people to move around the map.  A whole team of people on a massive map all creeping around would result in a very different, and much MUCH slower game - and I think there’s a large portion of players who like to be right in the thick of the action who would move to something else if it became an ultra-quick TTK.

You're exactly right... I deleted BFV, and went back to BF1, and the TTK is almost perfect. I don't need 1 clip to kill 1 person. 
    I used to love objective based combat in Battlefield, but I just think the maps are set up so everyone can be "sniper meat". Even COD is also trying to get rid of rushers. Both BF, and COD are both doing the same things. They want campers, and snipers to win, because it attracts more peple to buy the game, whether they have skill, or not. They're jst looking for more profits.

Post edited by TheMinotaur80 on
  • WetFishDB
    2171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6

Whilst I actually preferred the game before TTK2, I do think that the current BF1 TTK is probably better than BFV.  If you get a flank you can easily take down a whole squad, but good players still have enough time to react and not be caught out by every little camper. Plus the TTD experience is so much better in BF1.  And the squad play.  And the lack of attrition.  But that’s a different matter.

I suspect game mode might play a factor too, but on Conquest most maps allow a variety of play styles to suit how people want to play.  I do agree completely about your sniper sentiment though, too many on your team and you are probably going to lose.

As for the OP, no I don’t think they want to abolish rushers.  Objective based modes will always encourage people to move around the map.  A whole team of people on a massive map all creeping around would result in a very different, and much MUCH slower game - and I think there’s a large portion of players who like to be right in the thick of the action who would move to something else if it became an ultra-quick TTK.
  • TheMinotaur80
    Ronin9572 said:
    (Quote)

I just never understood that philosophy. Most games nowadays this sort of happens to. And more times than not changes are welcome.

That's not true. In fact, the further games get from the original version, the worse they become.

• GerocK-
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Alright, we all know TTK is too high, and most of these maps are nothing but camping maps, and what I call, "sniper meat maps". There's a reason for all this, and why the other FPS is doing the same thing, it's because they want to abolish rushers. These companies think they can cater to just one playing style, and alienate rushers? Yes, they do, and it's already happening. Before I get bombarded with "get good". My KDR is 2.55, and I'm a very aggressive medic. 

I don't feel the same way at all. Every other FPS I tried in the last few years has a much higher TTK. The prime example is Call of Duty, where no matter what weapon you choose and no matter what distance you shoot from, you kill someone with 2-3 bullets and recoil is non existent.
    -
    I am actually very comfortable with Battlefield 1's TTK and I feel the classes really have their own play style. I'm sorry, but unless I misread your post, I disagree with literally everything you just said.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheGM86 said:
    TheGM86 said:
    Ronin9572 said:

Ritter'd

I don't live in the meme world, I have no idea what you're on about, no joke, no snark, no clue.
  • TheGM86
    TheGM86 said:

Ritter'd

I have no idea what you're on about
    And you never will.

• von_Campenstein
    TheGM86 said:
    TheGM86 said:

Ritter'd

And you never will.

Looks like I'm not missing much, memes are for people who have nothing to say that all say the same thing over and over anyway.
  • TheGM86
    TheGM86 said:
    TheGM86 said:

Ritter'd

And you never will.

Looks like I'm not missing much, memes are for people who have nothing to say that all say the same thing over and over anyway.

Ah the classic attempt to sound poignant but just end up whinging post. those are truly great reads. Lament the world passing you by fossil-friend for it is all you shall contribute now.
  • von_Campenstein
    TheGM86 said:
    TheGM86 said:
    TheGM86 said:

Ritter'd

And you never will.

Ah the classic attempt to sound poignant but just end up whinging post. those are truly great reads. Lament the world passing you by fossil-friend for it is all you shall contribute now.

Insert your own yawning cat.