Battlefield players, you have got to see 1917!

Tactical_wizzzeR
335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
such an amazing movie, the entire movie is one take, done with trickery, but it's 100% seemless. it's a tense, beautiful, grusome, brutal yet it has plenty of heart. 

the two leads are amazing, and you might be surprised at a shocking turn of events halfway through, and even in small roles some great British actors show up to give a solid performance.
not a movie for the faint of heart, and it might even draw some of those hardy man tears you were cultivating, otherwise this is this decade's Saving Prive Ryan, EASILY.
also, I would like to say for some of you who might be looking for lots and lots of action, this isn't really this type of movie, but trust me, even though our main guy Schofield is engaged a single firefight and exchange only a few bullets, the movie is one hell of a thriller and there is constant sense of danger.
10/10, not exaggerating, this movie is sincere yet not cliche, it's a technical achivement, yet it has so much passion and care for crafting a piece of historical fiction for the ages. now, do yourself a favor, also take your old man to see it with you if you can and watch it on the biggest screen you can find!

behind the scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSjs2hBa94

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11561 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Early reviews have been excellent.

We will watch this the first weekend that it is available to stream.

Looking forward to it.
  • GenesisMD5745
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Saw this for myself this weekend. Truly a great film yet emotional one which really succeeded in showing the horrors of war and what the brave men who fought in WWI went through. Definitely recommend seeing it.

What really helped this movie be as immersive as it was are both the movie being one continuous shot and focusing for the most part on two soldiers instead of multiple, making plot and the characters easier to focus on. More movies would benefit from this and should take note.
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 20
    I saw 1917 at IMAX 2D last week. It's a really cleverly made film but I just didn't really get into it. There was at least one scene that was ridiculous. There weren't many people in the cinema when I saw it so I don't know if that had an affect on the atmosphere. But it just didn't engross me. 3/5. A bit of an insulting score but I'm just being honest.
  • zombifiedstalker
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the german soldiers have potato aim, like me... 🙂
  • TheBatsy39
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    in fact Wilson (Michael Jibson) appears almost at the end of the movie when he is about to start the fight