Mouse and keyboard increase

Insanetitan666
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I’ve been playing BF games for years now, I don’t if it just me or does it seem like more and more players are using MK amongst other “mods” I know the difference between very good/great players compared to your average player so it’s not the simple case of “get good” Has anybody else noticed this during games ?

Comments

• Insanetitan666
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forgot say even if you use MK please say as to how much more accurate/better player it makes you or if iyo it doesn’t.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly doubt you can tell.

• HuwJarz
    4024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How would you know? The emulate a controller, so how on earth can you distinguish them as M&K players?
  • L0nd0nB0l96
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    How would you know? The emulate a controller, so how on earth can you distinguish them as M&K players?

Sais the one who is a mouse and keyboard player....

No wonder why you’ve made a comment on this post....
  • HuwJarz
    4024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Sais the one who is a mouse and keyboard player....

No wonder why you’ve made a comment on this post....
    I am an M&K player. I don't care whether you like it, It has been confirmed by DICE as not cheating. Still does not invalidate my question. Please explain how you KNOW when someone is an M&K player when they simply emulate the controller, and not a good controller player? 
  • enterBrainer
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz said:
    i spotted one a while back.
    he was in my squad sniping.
    he was 'standing still' but WASD-ing very quicly. that could not have been done with a thumbstick.
    other than that its mostly the reaction time and landing shots after a 180 turn for example.
  • HuwJarz
    If you play long enough you can tell the difference, and there is one. While it's not officially cheating, its pretty well plain cheating.

Lol. So while the developer says that it is officially not cheating, it’s still plain cheating. Lol. Ok. It’s clear that you make the rules. Or have a problem with logic.
  • HuwJarz
    (Quote)
    i spotted one a while back.
    he was in my squad sniping.
    he was 'standing still' but WASD-ing very quicly. that could not have been done with a thumbstick.
    other than that its mostly the reaction time and landing shots after a 180 turn for example.

So a decent controller player can’t hit an accurate 180 degree turn and shoot. Erm, ok.

Most snipers I see play the side to side sway. Therefore most snipers use keyboards. Good to have that cleared up.

Thanks
  • firechickenfan
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To the above point,

It may "simulate" a controller, but that breaks down with the immediate left right switch.
  • HuwJarz
    edited January 13
    It's not considered cheating because there is no ranking system, no real rules to say that it is cheating.

But on the other hand it is cheating, just not officially. You're playing on a system that's meant to be played using a controller and instead using something to gain an unfair advantage with. Logic would suggest that that is cheating, just not according to DICE.

What is funny is that people are getting so salty about defending this subject when they wouldn't need to if it was acceptable.
    No, It's not considered cheating, because the developer of the game says it's not cheating. Period.

I think the opinion of the game developer is more pertinent that your personal opinion. 

I'm not getting salty and mnor do I see the other BM users in this thread getting salty.  I love my KBM set up. The only saltiness I see is all the whinging about KBM. I don't see salty KBM players posting about how controller players are spoiling their game with their ergonomically designed controls enabling there them to access functions more readily than KBM players.  I only ever see the salt going the other way. Just like your post. I'd suggest that most KBM players are pretty satisfied with their lot. ;-)

You should try it. It's fun. 
  • WetFishDB
    2132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been playing BF games for years now, I don’t if it just me or does it seem like more and more players are using MK amongst other “mods” I know the difference between very good/great players compared to your average player so it’s not the simple case of “get good” Has anybody else noticed this during games ?
    I know incredibly good players who have used both.  The difference between very average/good/great is not determined by the input device.  The best player I know uses a controller, and competitively too.  If someone is good at aiming, they are good at aiming - to assume input device just from someone’s ability to kill enemies (or whatever else it is that you use to ‘know the difference’) is just an assumption on your part.
  • VOLBANKER
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    I’m considering getting a console because of the massive cheating in bfv on pc.
    But I’d have to use KBM if so, as my wrists, elbows and shoulders are screwed up because of too intense computer use thoughout many years. *)
    So ironically, I’d escape from cheaters on pc just to have others think of me as a cheater on console :neutral:

*) I use elbow rests on my desk and a Rollermouse Pro instead of a mouse. Otherwise I could not use a pc at all
  • HuwJarz
    Who cares what they think? If that is what you need and works for you, you should just go with it. The haters are typically poor players who like to find excuses for their PPP - P poor performance. Laughably, they can even 'see' the KBM users even though it is virtually impossible to tell, the only possible exception being some sniper side to side movement......

I say go for it. You are welcome to come and join us. Ww have a mixture of KBM and controller players in our platoon and everyone gets on really well despite that fact.....

Perhaps it's a maturity thing. 
  • VOLBANKER
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you! I’ve got to think about it some more though, and find out if it’s gonna be a PS or Xbox.
  • HuwJarz
    VOLBANKER said:
    Thank you! I’ve got to think about it some more though, and find out if it’s gonna be a PS or Xbox.
    I was a PC player and converted. Tried controller and (perhaps because I am much older than most here) could not adapt. I was BF2 'veteran' and wanted to play my favourite game without continually rebuilding PCs, and have a machine my kids can enjoy too. At the end of the day we all game for fun. If your game is being spoiled because some 50 year old is wrecking you with a KBM set up when you are 18 years old, have half the reaction times and still lose, its not because I am 'cheating'. It becausee I'be out played your with my positioning and experience.

I'm really sorry if some kids get ****..............NOT.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It must be a fantastic experience using mouse and keyboard on a game that barely runs 40fps 
  • firechickenfan
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, IMO, it's not the mouse that gives the advantage. It is the way the keyboard outputs player movement.
    With the controller, you have to move the joystick from left to right. No matter how fast you are, it takes a minimum time to do that. With the key board, it is factually faster. Both in movement distance and input/output speed. If you can go from turning left to right faster than a controller joystick can possibly allow, that SHOULD be a problem.
    I actually think that a controller "CAN" have faster time to target than a mouse. Again just my opinion.
    If there was a way to make joystick and the A and D swap on a keyboard equal in time, there would be no problem.
  • HuwJarz
    It must be a fantastic experience using mouse and keyboard on a game that barely runs 40fps 
    I'd say it's considerably better than playing in the same server with a cheater going 200-1.