Type 2A Mastery 6... NONSENSE!!!!!

italickus
394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2020
What the hell is this??!?!?! Who the hell writes these assignments, a bot with demented AI?

6 enemies BEYOND 30 METRES in 1 life in PVP
20 enemies BEYOND 30 METRES in 1 round in PVP

With a Type 2A..... at MIDDLE RANGE! 

Please DICE, quit your jobs and find a position at Mcdonalds or IKEA. You clearly dont know what u doing as programmers. No wonder DICE LA disowned you recently.

Also Mastery V was bugged and hardly tracked your kills. 

Do Dice folks ever read this forum?
Post edited by italickus on

Comments

• superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    apparently (according to something i saw on reddit a few days ago) it's tracking for kills over 10m anyway
  • italickus
    edited January 2020
    Not for me. 

All went smoothly till mastery IV. Did them in combined arms easily. Mastery V was a pain in the ****, assignment was tracking my kills poorly. Was asking for 25 kills in a round (the most doable of the two), no pvp or in objective areas mentioned in the text. And in combined arms were not working at all. Went back to conquest, i finished one game with 35+ kills, assignment tracked only 12 of them. Sometimes tracked 1 out 3 of kills randomly. I made it at the fifth attempt last minute.

Then mastery VI, kills beyond 30 metres. Wasting alot of bullets to kill at that distance, even with extended mag. Plenty of STGs 44 lasering you in a millisec from across the map, and snipers and bipoted campers anywhere. You lose almost every 1v1 at that distance.

Assigments like this are just painful and frustrating. Even the MAB V one was at that time.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same for all the newer SMGs unfortunately. If memory serves it started with the MAB.
  • italickus
    edited January 2020
    30 MAB kills beyond 30 metres in 1 round i think was. Or 7 in 1 life beyond 30 metres.  Took me WEEKS to make it. Never cursed so much in my life lol
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    30 MAB kills beyond 30 metres in 1 round i think was. Or 7 in 1 life beyond 30 metres.  Took me WEEKS to make it. Never cursed so much in my life lol
    as soon as i get stuck for more than a few rounds i just give up, it's just a skin at the end of the day and at least the newer guns give you the receiver first, so you might be missing a gold scope or mag worse case. Sanity is much more valuable than one gold part :)
  • l337RAGE
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow I thought the whole idea of these 'weapon balance changes' was to discourage using weapons outside their intended range. I am starting to believe DICE just want us to only have hitmarkers lol. Could have had something like 'Get one triple kill on an objective area', slightly more relevant but still somewhat challenging 
  • An_Dulachan
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2020
    Sounds like the Arisaka's, headshot kill 3 enemy's under 10 meters in one life, or 7 in one rnd.

They didn't spend enough time developing the game in the first, and now they are just being lazy. It would take too much time for them to be more creative.

I'll be damned if I ever buy another BF after this mess. That is unless it's rated in the 90th percentile, and I have done plenty of research. No way do I ever pre-order or buy at launch from EA again.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just wait till next tow you'll get a skin for the 2a.
  • Moorlander
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I suspect that the whole point of the stupid mastery challenges is to make them unachievale so that you buy a fancy skin. Lets face it, who would buy a skin if you could earn a gold one?
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Moorlander wrote: »
    I suspect that the whole point of the stupid mastery challenges is to make them unachievale so that you buy a fancy skin. Lets face it, who would buy a skin if you could earn a gold one?

Who would earn an ugly gold skin, if there're far better options for ingame money you can earn by playing the game? 🦆
  • superteds
    little update, my (proficiency admittedly) kills are 100% working with kills at 10m or more, not 30m.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assignments are trash in BFV and have been from the beginning. If anything this just fits in nicely with all the other crap this game is so full of.

If assignments still had the hidden objective and they tracked universally I'd be fine with awful objectives, but seeing as how you have to do everything in a life/round and actively pick and choose assignments to do I just can't be bothered to waste my time in this game, which is so unfun and full of frustration at times, to add to it for an ugly gold skin.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stuff like that is not even fun to attempt for me.  So, I don't even try.
  • An_Dulachan
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Because if you try you trash your stats, only to still likely not get it completed.
  • An_Dulachan
    edited January 2020
    Mods please delete.

Because if you try you trash your stats, only to likely still not get it completed.

• l337RAGE
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Moorlander wrote: »

Who would earn an ugly gold skin, if there're far better options for ingame money you can earn by playing the game? 🦆
    If only there were more options.. Of late DICE seem to have become lazy (or smart in making money) in terms of weapons skins as there are so few default options for CC. Remember the lovely chrome skins you could buy for CC on vanilla weapons? now new guns only have **** jungle green, average looking urban blue and the gold skins along with the BOINS armoury cash grabs. Credit where it is due on the gold skins at least they have gone for something original with the details. The wood parts still could look better.
  • MG42AttackCamper
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some assignments are broken. I needed 10 kills in 1 life (dont remember which), I got killed at 6, respawned and killed 4 more and the assignment completed.