Operations campaign gone forever?

jalkapalloilija5
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I have been huge fan of operation campaign and I liked the 7 day cycle. But I haven't seen operations campaign yet in 2020, so I wonder if Dice have decided to put it down forever. Can you play operations campaign or am I the only one?

Comments

• PackersDK
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I miss it as well. Last one ended around December 22. 

Getting tired of playing the same 3 Operations. Fingers crossed they will start again soon. 
  • ronybaloney
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As someone who rarely plays Operations........what is the difference between Operations Campaign and regular Ops?
  • PackersDK
    edited January 8
    As someone who rarely plays Operations........what is the difference between Operations Campaign and regular Ops?
    Campaign links 2 Ops together, and after completing one, you’ll load directly into the next. If you accumulate 25,000 score in each Ops you will receive a special Campaign Ops battlepack with 3 items. You can only earn 2 of these a day though.

The Battlepack is nice, it contains 1 special skin, 1 Distinguished/Legendary skin and 1 Melee Puzzle/XP Boost. 

But that is not even why I play Campaign Ops. It’s sadly pretty much the only way to play DLC Operations. If there is no Campaign Ops, everybody just plays the standard 4 Operations. Gets boring. 
  • MarxistDictator
    5010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The guy who still does the exchange and campaigns still posts on reddit, wonder if 2020 is the end of his ghost support for this game. Would be sad.

I also enjoy playing the DLC operations but last time it was up no one was playing the Russian duo (which is weird since everybody loves sniping in this mode).
  • Tip_the_Cap
    343 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    PackersDK wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Campaign links 2 Ops together, and after completing one, you’ll load directly into the next. If you accumulate 25,000 score in each Ops you will receive a special Campaign Ops battlepack with 3 items. You can only earn 2 of these a day though.

The Battlepack is nice, it contains 1 special skin, 1 Distinguished/Legendary skin and 1 Melee Puzzle/XP Boost. 

But that is not even why I play Campaign Ops. It’s sadly pretty much the only way to play DLC Operations. If there is no Campaign Ops, everybody just plays the standard 4 Operations. Gets boring. 

I noticed also that before the end of the year those Campaign Ops were almost never filling up. It got to the point that they seemed on my end to be getting ignored completely.

Me and some friends have been trying to get either of the two Russian operations to fill up in the last couple of weeks, and cannot.

Its happening because there are too many noobs that play regularly at this time, and it seems like none of them have the DLC's, and are unwilling to buy them.

It is very frustrating, I agree. Nice planning Dice.
  • Ronin9572
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It be a sad day if they stopped doing Operations Campaign!
  • PackersDK
    (Quote)

I noticed also that before the end of the year those Campaign Ops were almost never filling up. It got to the point that they seemed on my end to be getting ignored completely.

Me and some friends have been trying to get either of the two Russian operations to fill up in the last couple of weeks, and cannot.

Its happening because there are too many noobs that play regularly at this time, and it seems like none of them have the DLC's, and are unwilling to buy them.

It is very frustrating, I agree. Nice planning Dice.
    Yes, for some reason the purely Russian Campaign isn’t popular at all. But the rest fill servers pretty easily. Even the one that mix french and russian maps (Fire and Ice?? can’t remember). I don’t hope Dice has taken the lack of interest in the Russian DLC as a general disinterest in Campaign Ops. Let’s hope not.
  • giu_gana
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The guy who still does the exchange and campaigns still posts on reddit, wonder if 2020 is the end of his ghost support for this game. Would be sad.

I also enjoy playing the DLC operations but last time it was up no one was playing the Russian duo (which is weird since everybody loves sniping in this mode).

Do you know who this guy is? The operations campaign wasn t an automated rotation-like system?
  • TheGM86
    836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    giu_gana said:

Do you know who this guy is? The operations campaign wasn t an automated rotation-like system?

It is dude, it is the same reason the exchange hasn't been changed in forever. because he hasn't done it.
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    Yes, for some reason the purely Russian Campaign isn’t popular at all. But the rest fill servers pretty easily. Even the one that mix french and russian maps (Fire and Ice?? can’t remember). I don’t hope Dice has taken the lack of interest in the Russian DLC as a general disinterest in Campaign Ops. Let’s hope not.

A few months ago, late October early November they had started Eastern Storm than a few days later it switched it to Fire & Ice. In those few days Eastern Storm was active I only saw 2 full servers. I used to hate that OC, but got used to it after awhile. Like you said I hope they don't take a lack in interest in that OC as an overall interest in OC!
  • HUN_gattaca_lg
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 said:

It is dude, it is the same reason the exchange hasn't been changed in forever. because he hasn't done it.

Jaqub Ajmal, 
    Producer for Battlefield
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JaqubAjmal

Battlefield 1 - Scrap Exchange - I will be temporarily changing back the weekly updates to be a selection of my choice, and voting will be back in sometime in January.

• chasebarley
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They need to bring back Operations Campaign. It is sorely missed along with the scrap exchange not rotating anymore. People still want scraps so they can buy or get new gun camos. Different game modes in the weekly rotation like Supply Drop or Air Assault keep it interesting too especially if people are trying to complete medals or dog tags. It really sucks when a medal finally comes up that you need and you can’t even complete it cause u can’t find the right map or mode.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    343 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who can we contact to get this stuff going?
  • Ronin9572
    Are things that bad at EA/Dice that they can't have one person taking care of the Operation Campaign and exchange? This and the fact they have taken down the BF1 population stats at BTN( but all the other stats are still available) makes me wonder if this is another ploy to push ppl to buy/play BFV!
  • Tip_the_Cap
    edited January 12
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    Are things that bad at EA/Dice that they can't have one person taking care of the Operation Campaign and exchange? This and the fact they have taken down the BF1 population stats at BTN( but all the other stats are still available) makes me wonder if this is another ploy to push ppl to buy/play BFV!

Yes it is. Can't remember who, but one of the YouTube guys pointed this out. They referenced the stats being down, and some other stuff. It was also pointed out that Dice did not want people to see BFV's very poor stats compared to BF1's awesome stats. Video content guy was just pointing out how shady Dice is now.
  • chasebarley
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yippee  As of this morning the scrap exchange finally changed and Back to Supply Drop was added as a weekly rotation. Still no Operations Campaign yet but we can only hope!
  • AbC1961a3414244
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    TSAR Ops up and running. Server almost full. Come play. Server 13680885. EU.
  • FurudalBio
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt anyone, who has anything to say, reads this. But please bring back the Operations Campagin! 
  • Antimanele104
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good news, people: the operation campaigns are back as of 17th January 2020!
    The first one for 2020 is Blood and Sand.
    I need 2 more puzzle pieces for the Russian axe so that I can complete my entire Codex collection and I can only get the puzzle pieces from OC crates.
    Thank you, whoever is in charge of the rotation of Operation Campaigns. Thank you so much !
  • PackersDK
    Good news, people: the operation campaigns are back as of 17th January 2020!
    The first one for 2020 is Blood and Sand.
    I need 2 more puzzle pieces for the Russian axe so that I can complete my entire Codex collection and I can only get the puzzle pieces from OC crates.
    Thank you, whoever is in charge of the rotation of Operation Campaigns. Thank you so much !
    Yep, glad it’s back! Now all it needs to do is work. I’m not getting the points towards a battlepack. Oil Of Empires isn’t counting, anyway. 

The games I’ve played was found via server browser. Perhaps I should try through main menu. Still annoying though. That’s 45 min out the window...