This Week in Battlefield V - January 6th Edition

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mateys, half the assignments that are tracking for this week's ToW do not reliably count. Really, if you base your weekly games around tracking certain things, it should be top priority to work reliably.
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2020
    I stopped playing BFV before Christmas not solely because of 5.2 but because of the complete disregard to preventing cheating on PC. Having played all the Battlefield games from BF2 to BFV I've currently lost faith in DICE and moved onto other games. Players are still passionate about the franchise and that's a good thing but DICE appear to bring a lot of the unnecessary problems upon it's self.
  • Noodlesocks
    3737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2020
    The pacific maps should probably be removed from outpost until the Americans and Japanese get their own transport vehicles and Iwo Jima is easy to spawn camp the Japanese in their caves spawn.
  • I9sixty2
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OftenShot said:
    I stopped playing BFV before Christmas not solely because of 5.2 but because of the complete disregard to preventing cheating on PC. Having played all the Battlefield games from BF2 to BFV I've currently lost faith in DICE and moved onto other games. Players are still passionate about the franchise and that's a good thing but DICE appear to bring a lot of the unnecessary problems upon it's self.

Couldn't agree more and i'm sad that the remarks  of our Community Manager show he is in complete denial of the facts
  • CH3OCH3
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2020
    Welcome back Braddock but you'll probably wish you stayed on vacation, a large section of the player-base are seething with anger and resentment over what DICE did before Xmas.

I put up with the lack of team balancing, anti-cheat and the endless list of bugs as I enjoyed the core game-play so much and it kept me coming back for more. 

TTK 5.2 AND 5.2.2 have ruined it for me. It is no longer fun. Insurmountable problems BFV is now facing. None of this was necessary - the changes were the last insult to me and quite possibly many others that have supported the game over the last year and indeed the franchise over the last 17 years. I'm not going to forget how this has gone down, DICE and EA have treated us with utter contempt, so I will return the favour...
    The changes were not an insult to you. That's a bit dramatic.
    And they were discussed previous to being released, then we pushed out a hotfix to make adjustments, and we'll continue making adjustments. 

We're taking feedback and analyzing data and the Dev team will continue to make those adjustments - which is the opposite of contempt, and again, the dramatics seem a bit over the top. (I'm guessing your definition of "contempt" is "Do as I demand or you have contempt for me." Well, that's a bit over-the-top. I don't have contempt for you, the Devs don't, etc. But they have a plan and see a much bigger picture than you do regarding the changes and road forward for Battlefield V.) 
    That being said, I do understand your frustration but caution your "returning the favor" of your perceived "contempt". Failure to abide by the guidelines of this forum - be constructive, don't be abusive, etc. will result in suspension of posting privileges. I would hate for that to happen and absolutely would encourage constructive feedback - not just "revert! It sucks!" Be detailed. Provide specific examples of what's causing you frustration without accusations, abuse or insults. 

Skitelz7 said:
    The team released a horrible update no one likes in hopes of bringing in Christmas noobs while giving a huge middle finger to the core community that supported the game through it's ups and downs then just left on holiday while leaving us with a broken unsatisfying game to play.
    If you think that's okay then you're just a perfect example of what's wrong with the company.
    "No one likes" - That's a pretty big generalization and unless you've asked everyone, it's not accurate. I've engaged with countless players that have adjusted to the changes and are fine with continued tweaks. That may not be you, but please don't assume you speak for the entire community, as you don't. 

"hopes in bringing in Christmas noobs" - I keep seeing this phrase randomly thrown about and it's based on conjecture and assumptions. 

"leaving us with a broken unsatisfing game to play" - Remove the word broken. It's playable. It plays. It's not broken. You may not like how it plays, it may not fit your style of play, but it's definitely not "broken". (There are some bugs the team are working to address with upcoming updates, and as we get closer to the release of those updates and details on those fixes, we'll share that info.) I'm sorry you find it unsatisfying. 

Do I think it's okay for me and the Devs and other employees to take a holiday break? Absolutely. 

Let's keep it constructive, y'all. 

-Braddock512

1. "But they have a plan and see a much bigger picture than you do regarding the changes and road forward for Battlefield V"  Please enlighten us of that Bigger picture all i feel is prosponing an issue and die trying to fix it what did not need any fixing .... instead of having the balls of just biting in the apple and reverting the changes till they find a better way to force us in CoD CQB Style SMG Mahem...
    2. "You may not like how it plays, it may not fit your style of play" as i sad i adapted rly easy to just abuse jungle carbine and boost the K/D but thats NOT how the core community wants to play sry iam using this phrasing again but i guess almoast 80% of the true core players agree..  THE MOST FUN IS when you actively use your squad to navigate the BIG Maps and flank and do smart plays but sadly thats not what you seem to want to accomplish in battlefield..
    3.Also you seem to be offended quite mutch and always in a deffensive stance i dont get it WHY no ONE actually has the balls to SAY YES THE COMMUNITY IS RIGHT AND WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM! No where where you listening to the PC gaming community in any way.
    4. why did you kill of community server hosting with cloud server infrastructure where you cannot even kick and ban ppl ?  Okay i get that some ppl might have wrongfully been banned with tools Like METABANS etc but WHY DONT YOU GIVE US SOME SORT OF BALANCING? And single map only rotations?  I Had 8 70x Slot servers in BF3 and BF4 and the most populated ones where Shanghai only and the infantry only maps. BECAUSE YOU DONT MAKE MONEY ON THE HOSTING BUSINESS PLANE AND SIMPEL!
    5. You might also consider what made a User like me that always loved battlefield since the first release that never posted once in the Battlefield forums actually look up the login data for here and Post How BAD the Patch is.. and iam quite shure iam not the only one that sees it this way.

iam getting the feeling there is absolutely no interest in trying to Read the ACTUAL Critisism ( I DO CONSIDER SAYING JUST ROLL IT BAKC TILL YOU FIGURED IT OUT IS A CONSTURCTIVE STATEMEN) THE MAIN POINT BEEING THE ABSOLUT USELESS NERV OF ANY MIDRANGE ENGAGEMENT AND THE AUTO SPOTTING
    i played m1a1 with ironsight and countered snipers with it and now its just wasted bullets and now all the recoil is way to easy and bullets dont do ANY DMG post 30m )

i get the feeling only thing is trying to silence any bad word about the game and your are not able to abstract the important points in all my ranting all this writing feels just like a gigantic waste of time like trying to join a balanced server where no tanks are camping in the base or tank stacking in rush happens.
    srsly considering buying CoD although i guess it would give me some dissease since i TRUELY LOVE BATTLEFIELD and CoD is pure monitizing !"§Z!§(!=)"(§=!-.. <--- i cencored my thoughts about CoD myself so i dont get banned....

"DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT"

• misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even know where to begin but here we go.  I wasn't a big fan of the game at launch even though I love Battlefield. The two biggest gripes I had at launch were the visibility. Sucked big time for me, and TTD. My gosh it was quick. So after around 30 hours I just quit playing. Fast forward to the launch of the Pacific maps. I jump in again and am really digging the new maps. It feels more like Battlefield again with stuff happening all around you, all of the vehicles, etc. The ttd and visibility are still crap, at least for me, except for iwo jima. I can see fine on that map.
    So then both of the updates happen. For me it really helps and I'm ok with some of the changes. It feels like I have time to react and sometimes even take cover when getting fired at which is good. However there are still many times when the ttd is instant. Another thing. I like to run medic but after the last patch most of the weapons really aren't fun to use. I know people say the jungle carbine is great but I don't like semi auto weapons. Anyway just last night while playing I really noticed how weak this class is trying to take somebody out from further than 20 meters or so.
    Also since the update it seems tanks are much harder to take out Planes to. I won't go into details for examples cause there are already many threads about this. Many folks have said Dice has made BFV easy mode and  I agree somewhat. Example being: I have very little experience in tanks unless you count being a gunner. Well last week after starting a match 0-2 taken out by enemy tank both times, I spawned in as tank driver and promptly went 19-0 after that. I know, hardly impressive score but that is coming from somebody with almost zero time in tanks. I just didn't try because I'd be taken out so fast. 
    Another vehicle I don't use is any airplane. But again, after being taken out over and over by planes while trying to cap flags on Pacific maps I decided to give flying a shot. And guess what? Very first run I fly over a flag, drop the bombs and I get 5 kills. I immediately flew into the side of the mountain after that and ended my flying career. But it is a little too easy.
     So, I appreciate the work Dice is doing somewhat but there is a long way to go yet. I hope Dice can understand why people are upset and I hope the community and Dice become friends again.

• VOLBANKER
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2020
    Braddock, don’t you guys think things through before doing stuff?

A lot of folks who work hard during the year look forward to the holidays, not least because they finally have time for some serious gaming. Yet just before the holidays, you guys went ahead and turned the TTK upside down without having the time to tweak the weapon balance afterwards. The result has been that only a small portion of the guns are viable, which obviously limits the fun in playing.

IMO this act of yours is inexcusable. You could, indeed should, have had the courtesy to wait until after the holidays with this TTK change.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Braddock, don’t you guys think things through before doing stuff?

A lot of folks who work hard during the year look forward to the holidays, not least because they finally have time for some serious gaming. Yet just before the holidays, you guys went ahead and turned the TTK upside down without having the time to tweak the weapon balance afterwards. The result has been that only a small portion of the guns are viable, which obviously limits the fun in playing.

IMO this act of yours is inexcusable. You could, indeed should, have had the courtesy to wait until after the holidays with this TTK change.
    Seriously, it's a just a game, not life
  • CH3OCH3
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, it's a just a game, not life
    THEY WANTED FEEDBACK THEY GET FEEDBACK!!!
  • davidmahabir81
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome back and please revert the ttk from 5.2 back to 5.0, it has been very repetitive especially with LMGs
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am one of the players that really dislike being 1 framed (TTD bug) at mid range by (semi) automatics (with 3x scope without glint), but 5.2.2 did NOT fix this issue, it is still in the game.

During 5.2 everything was the way I liked it, but you guys changed something with 5.2.2 and the "could not fetch report" fix on the servers, which brought the issue back.

So as 1 of the players for who you made 5.2 I say: revert it and please find the REAL issue that is cuasing the frustrating annoying (rage quitting) 1 framing at mid range by (semi) automatics.

I guess it is in the Netcode, servers settings/configuration and refusing to add ping limits/ping based matchmaking (anything that makes sure the ping differences are not so huge and players with packet loss and lots of latency variation do NOT get compensated for that).

Fixing the above will probably ALSO fix the missing footsteps, missing vehicle sounds and a LOT of other issues.

I am on PS4 Pro in EU and have very stable 9ms ping and NO packet loss.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE shouldn't rely on numbers too much my scores haven't suffered as a result of 5.2 in fact they might be better - skilled players will always adapt to changes but getting those high scores isn't nearly as fun as it used to be. 
  • kwn92
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea i'm not playing bfv before ttk is fixed
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's actually incredible watching DICE get defensive and denying that this was a bad idea, we're being told that we're having more fun. Pacific feedback was 100% good and the same people who were saying BFV is saved are now saying it's ruined yet now community feedback means nothing. People were begging you not to bring this change before it came and we were ignored. Not everyone was begging you not to do it but nobody was asking for it. Just buff the range drop-offs a bit and that should do it - There are a lot of wide open spaces in this game (100m + of flat ground with no cover) and the damage drop-off for most guns starts halfway across the courtyard in Rotterdam. 
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Couldn't agree more and i'm sad that the remarks  of our Community Manager show he is in complete denial of the facts

It isn't great PR and with hindsight I expect he regrets the tone of his remarks. My only hope is that EA/ DICE learn from this restructure and get back on track for the next Battlefield.