Vehicles on Fao Fortress, especially Camptillery Trucks.

Tip_the_Cap
365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 8
Are OP, in relation and proportion to the number of AA's, stationary canons, and also the fact that there are no tank hunters.

Its absolute BS that an artillery truck can camp on that map with no way to fight them back. The planes are also a big problem as well.

Dice prides itself on being, " rock paper scissors," but artillery trucks in general are not being held to those same rules.

I don't understand how this has been allowed for so long.
Post edited by Tip_the_Cap on

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hear ya on this, but the game has not been supported in about a year. They didn't address this issue than, sorry to say it's how it's going to stay.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    I hear ya on this, but the game has not been supported in about a year. They didn't address this issue than, sorry to say it's how it's going to stay.

Yea, I figured. Thanks for your response.
  • Ronin9572
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Not a problem. Yeah it's a bummer on a few maps to say the least. If it's on your team it takes away the option of an needed vehicle. And if it's on the other team it's just a pain because you can't get to it. It should be forced into moving into the same sector that your in like they do on some infantry maps.
  • Tip_the_Cap

Not a problem. Yeah it's a bummer on a few maps to say the least. If it's on your team it takes away the option of an needed vehicle. And if it's on the other team it's just a pain because you can't get to it. It should be forced into moving into the same sector that your in like they do on some infantry maps.

Yes! Any vehicles should go on a timer if the are stopped in one spot. If they stay till the timer runs out, then they start losing health.
  • GerocK-
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A Tank Hunter Kit spawns on flag D. Or are you talking about a different gamemode than Conquest?
  • -Antares65z
    1696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When the game first came out, Fao was considered one of the worst, if not the worst map of the bunch. 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't have an issue with Arty truck on this map in conquest. Way less of an issue than other maps like Empires edge.....where if you avoid the vehicles on the hill, you will be bombed by the planes. 
  • disposalist
    8745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    HuwJarz said:
    I don't have an issue with Arty truck on this map in conquest. Way less of an issue than other maps like Empires edge.....where if you avoid the vehicles on the hill, you will be bombed by the planes. 
    Never noticed a particular problem on Fao either. The problem on Fao is when half the team holes up in the fortress and snipes...
  • MarxistDictator
    5046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I found the opposite occurs whenever Defense has tank hunters; they end up dominating the other side. You can spawn kill aircraft with it and you’re naturally out of danger still able to hit the map with ease.

The artillery truck is one of the vehicles that should just be disabled in the mode, aside the AA variant. DICE had a perfectly good fix to mortars and the like being used out of bounds in previous titles but they for whatever reason allow them to be used and get points in areas out of bounds for one side again. Like most things with DICE something that was non issue in one game was forgotten about when they made the mechanics for the next.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Never noticed a particular problem on Fao either. The problem on Fao is when half the team holes up in the fortress and snipes...

I like it when that happens. A nice easy win for me ;-).
  • GerocK-
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HuwJarz said:
    (Quote)

Too bad it's always my team who goes for the Fortress :'(
  • DonSharkito
    798 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz said:
    (Quote)

Liar  :* You're always the first one to rush to the fortress and spend the rest of the round there  ;)
  • Tip_the_Cap
    Yea I'm just talking about Operations. When given a chance to play Fao in Conquest I pass. I have had as much of Fao as I need, would rather get some variety on maps that are not being stomped on to death.