Replace Conquest Flags with Radio Towers from Outpost Mode.

ProAssassin2003
3715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 12
Have Conquest stay the same but replace all flags with Towers. I've never seen so much Teamwork in my life playing Battlefield. It gives reasons to defend a Objective and attack one.

Maybe have it where majority of Towers taken it stops Ticket bleed or something. The Towers are light-years ahead of the flag system.
Post edited by ProAssassin2003 on

Comments

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4141 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What Towers? What are they? Where did you see towers? 
  • KMAsterisk
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    He's referring to the towers you build/destroy in Outpost. It has some potential, the ability to fortify the area with sandbags prior to building is nice. Gameplay can still feel a little slow at times.
  • CT1924
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately, it would need to be adjusted. Spawning on towers would need to happen, but also, tanks and planes would take them out in a heartbeat. Maybe have a command hole, and as it is upgraded, it becomes a trench network and then bunker with an at gun and mmg defences. Thus, tanks and planes would be hard-pressed to destroy it, but a V1 or planting a bomb inside could.
  • Trokey66
    8740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    An interesting concept indeed but as the above poster says, it would potentially be too easy to damage/destroy the towers from a distance.

That said, I am certainly not opposed to having to do something other than simply being 'on the flag' in order to capture it.
  • Marcusspinner
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thanks for posting this conquest and capturing the area becomes quickly very boring.
  • spartanx169x
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz said:
    What Towers? What are they? Where did you see towers? 
    Play OutPost. OutPost is Conquest but with two addtional steps. You have to take down the tower(where the flag would be), then build a tower. I wasn't sure if I would like it but I do. I agree with ProAssassin., its way better than conquest. 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4141 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't bring myself to play BFV any more. Last two times I played, I hit the fore button and the social menu came up in the middle of a gunfight. Been there since day one. Not fixed. I'll stick with BF1. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is true that Conquest really needs an update since the mode was designed for a very old set of rules. The mode doesn't really work well in modern Battlefield games and is often just a constant zerg between one point and the next.

Perhaps it should not be towers since that would limit where an objective could be placed and could be sniped/bombed easily but perhaps some sort of buildable(s) that could be upgraded with each tier maybe providing a different benefit to the team.
  • ChickenTheTank
    814 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Play OutPost. OutPost is Conquest but with two addtional steps. You have to take down the tower(where the flag would be), then build a tower. I wasn't sure if I would like it but I do. I agree with ProAssassin., its way better than conquest. 

That's because the foundational setup for outpost prevents ring-around-the-rosie syndrome, which is all conquest has been since BF Hardline launched. BF4 experienced the issue, but not nearly as badly, and it's the main reason that I stopped liking conquest as my preferred mode after BF4.

Outpost first forces a team to defend an area after they take it, by requiring you to build the tower. Then you don't get any points for 60 seconds from the tower (I think that's how it works now from what I've played and read). Then after that you have to hang around the objective for like 2 more minutes to get a tower fully upgraded.

So teams can't just take a point and immediately sprint to the next objective. I still prefer Breakthrough, because it combines the tactical focus of rush with the big crazy battlefield moments you get from conquest. But if they can improve outpost on its next go around as much as they have between this week and last time it was live it'll work it's way into my play rotation for sure.
  • olavafar
    2123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would rather keep conquest closer to what it is and I think a single point would make it too vulnerable but I think they could do some measures along the line of outpost to make it better.

For instance they could further develop the building features so that one could do more heavy fortification. Especially many more (and heavier) field guns and AA. Also allow for 'bunkering' with walls not possible to easily destroy with tanks from distance (but be able to either drive through with a tank or heavy transports and by means of dynamite/C4). Then one could also up the defense points a bit so that it is worthwhile to actually stay on an objective (in BF4 one got a few points for simply sitting and guarding an objective). Maybe also there follow the outpost idea that the heavier fortified an objective is, the more 'flag burn' it causes the enemy tickets (two fully upgraded outposts generates more points than three non upgraded ones do for instance).

...and of course remove all indirect fire crap like V1 and arty strikes.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's definitely potential in Outpost.  It does force, or at least encourage defending, at least in the maps where there are only 3 or 4 Outposts. Once you get more than that the players are just spread to thinly and you also dont want the Outposts too far apart.  If it was to become the new Conquest the Outposts would need more hard cover etc as mentioned above and maybe the Outposts could be used to call in reinforcements etc as well
  • iamwiener
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    Was just the hype when it was new. Yesterdays outpost already had one half zerks running from tower to tower while the other half didn't care about towers at all.
    Post edited by iamwiener on
  • FatherDed
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

That's because the foundational setup for outpost prevents ring-around-the-rosie syndrome, which is all conquest has been since BF Hardline launched. BF4 experienced the issue, but not nearly as badly, and it's the main reason that I stopped liking conquest as my preferred mode after BF4.

Outpost first forces a team to defend an area after they take it, by requiring you to build the tower. Then you don't get any points for 60 seconds from the tower (I think that's how it works now from what I've played and read). Then after that you have to hang around the objective for like 2 more minutes to get a tower fully upgraded.

So teams can't just take a point and immediately sprint to the next objective. I still prefer Breakthrough, because it combines the tactical focus of rush with the big crazy battlefield moments you get from conquest. But if they can improve outpost on its next go around as much as they have between this week and last time it was live it'll work it's way into my play rotation for sure.
    Conquest can still be fun but yeah that "ring-around-the-rosie" syndrome (good anaolgy btw!) can make it very dull. For years I used to play 99% conquest but nowadays I'm pretty much all Breakthrough. It's much more focused, there's great battles for control and plenty of those battlefield moments. Some of the original release maps that are pretty hum-drum and uninspiring in Conquest play great in Breakthrough - it gives s completely different feel to them.
  • jroggs
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know that I would completely replace Conquest with Outpost, but I do love it. It's a great attack-and-defend objective-oriented sandbox whereas Conquest mostly feels like a big TDM with vehicles.

The main thing I would change is speeding up the 2nd and 3rd upgrades to be as fast as the 1st. Having a delay between upgrades is a good balancer, but it's not enjoyable to just sit there with your tool in your hand (NPI) holding R2/ Mouse 1 for more than 5 seconds, let alone 30+.
  • Eliittininja
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First buildable could be HQ center which affects ticket bleed when multiple points are HQ:ed, secondly rearmament-health center where you can change your kit mid-combat too along with providing supplies (with cooldown), thirdly either radar station or tank shelter or plane hangar providing either radar or tank or plane support for the team.
  • FatherDed
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First buildable could be HQ center which affects ticket bleed when multiple points are HQ:ed, secondly rearmament-health center where you can change your kit mid-combat too along with providing supplies (with cooldown), thirdly either radar station or tank shelter or plane hangar providing either radar or tank or plane support for the team.
    This sounds something along the lines of the possible "Invasion" mode that Temporyal datamined a little bit of info on. Not sure if that's going to be a thing at some point down the road or just an idea that's been shelved now. It did sound good though.

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1192429630462017536?lang=en

Is Outpost a permanent mode now or is it for a limited time only again?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Can't bring myself to play BFV any more. Last two times I played, I hit the fore button and the social menu came up in the middle of a gunfight. Been there since day one. Not fixed. I'll stick with BF1. 
    @HuwJarz That happened to me sometimes when I backed out of the menu instead of pressing resume. I always press resume and it hasn’t happened since.

Dumb glitch nonetheless.
  • NLBartmaN
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anything that stops the constant zerging and merry go round playstyle (in conquest) and rewards staying at objectives longer and defending them gets my upvote.

BTW, do kills and deaths have any influence on the score in Outpost?
    Or only filled circles?
    Or do towers build (upgrade) or destroyed also instantly give points?

I had a game yesterday at which my team had 5 circles full and the enemy team 2, the score was 97-96 for the enemy team and with the next "points" update they won ...
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Anything that stops the constant zerging and merry go round playstyle (in conquest) and rewards staying at objectives longer and defending them gets my upvote.

Or only filled circles?

I had a game yesterday at which my team had 5 circles full and the enemy team 2, the score was 97-96 for the enemy team and with the next "points" update they won ...
    I guess the enemy team won due to them being able to cross the winning threshold first because the game doesnt take into account the final score?
  • CT1924
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Or only filled circles?

Probobly a conquest point system. Would be easiest for them to do, and would probobly work best. Each point could be counted as 3 flags, too, so upgrades will be vital. If your team neglects upgrades, but caps 4 of 6 flags, the other team could essentially have 6 flags as well. @Braddock512 @PartWelsh