Make driving easier

Switchblade00007
47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Simple request, maybe already given but could dice please just assume when you jump into an EMPTY jeep, you want to be the driver? So annoying to jump in one and have to hope 4 seats to get to the driver, can it just be assumed we want to drive and not sit in the back of an empty vehicle? lol

Comments

• trip1ex
    5066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to the club.  
  • Switchblade00007
    jroggs said:
    What I really want is driver-controlled locks for the transports' guns. Nothing irritates me more than when I'm trying to use a transport to make a sneaky flanking maneuver and then a blueberry spawns in and holds down the machine gun trigger, loudly shooting at nothing just because it's the only thing they have control over, like a bored child kicking the car seat.
    Yea I hate that too, will be trying to sneak by unnoticed till someone spawns in a starts firing away at nothing. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    What I really want is driver-controlled locks for the transports' guns. Nothing irritates me more than when I'm trying to use a transport to make a sneaky flanking maneuver and then a blueberry spawns in and holds down the machine gun trigger, loudly shooting at nothing just because it's the only thing they have control over, like a bored child kicking the car seat.
    Really annoys me in tanks too when you get these idiots getting us both killed. 
  • kreepypriest
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I went afk because some one at the door..and I was in the driver seat..I came back and the same three people were with me chilling.
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I went afk because some one at the door..and I was in the driver seat..I came back and the same three people were with me chilling.
    LOL....this made me laugh so hard. I am still laughing...Ohh crap my cheeks hurt...lol

I can just see 3 other dudes just chilling in the boat herp derping looking around at the scenery. LOL
  • Switchblade00007
    Played a game awhile ago when the start of the game everyone was jumping in vehicles, ended up three of us (not in the same squad) happened to jump into a jeep, we all ended up sitting in all seats EXCEPT the driver seat. lol
  • iamwiener
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:

Not just transports...
    Couple of days ago I was fighting a tiger with my staghound. Had him down to 1/4 already hiding in smoke while he only hit me once, ready to finish him. Squad member joins and starts shooting the tiger with machine gun. tiger then just points at machine gun fire direction....
    Or players using tank as spawn point blocking your entire view when exiting.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    jroggs said:

Not just transports...
    Couple of days ago I was fighting a tiger with my staghound. Had him down to 1/4 already hiding in smoke while he only hit me once, ready to finish him. Squad member joins and starts shooting the tiger with machine gun. tiger then just points at machine gun fire direction....
    Or players using tank as spawn point blocking your entire view when exiting.
    I've had spawning infantry jumping out the tank and actually blocking tank rounds I just fired that were meant to hit enemy tanks. 
  • filthmcnasty
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only things I have trouble steering are the Hachi (can barely turn whilst moving), and the Bren Carrier (steers like drunks at the wheel).
  • trip1ex
    5066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're supposed to switch out of the driver's seat when you answer the door.  BF etiquette 101.  ;)
  • Blueghost22
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simple request, maybe already given but could dice please just assume when you jump into an EMPTY jeep, you want to be the driver? So annoying to jump in one and have to hope 4 seats to get to the driver, can it just be assumed we want to drive and not sit in the back of an empty vehicle? lol
    Except if they did that then what will happen the first time someone tries to jump into the gunner position to lay down machine gun fire but is magically placed into the driver's seat?
  • Switchblade00007
    Except if they did that then what will happen the first time someone tries to jump into the gunner position to lay down machine gun fire but is magically placed into the driver's seat?
    The majority of times, a person is jumping into a jeep to drive it somewhere, especially at the beginning of the game. And the jeep I am talking about is the regular jeep with no guns on it, the one everyone jumps on to get to the first flag.
  • fragnstein
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I want to drive a car, I dont just run up to it and get in the first door I come to.
  • Switchblade00007
    When I want to drive a car, I dont just run up to it and get in the first door I come to.
    When you jump into an empty tank, does it put you as the gunner instead? Or when you spawn into a plane, as the gunner? When you jump into a landing craft off a ship to a gunner seat first? So why not also assume if you jump into a 4 seat jeep with no guns on it, you might want to be the driver first? smh
  • kreepypriest
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You're supposed to switch out of the driver's seat when you answer the door.  BF etiquette 101.  ;)
    I was gone for like 30 seconds..the beer delivery showed up.

• DingoKillr
    3927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    When you jump into an empty tank, does it put you as the gunner instead? Or when you spawn into a plane, as the gunner? When you jump into a landing craft off a ship to a gunner seat first? So why not also assume if you jump into a 4 seat jeep with no guns on it, you might want to be the driver first? smh

Spawn into always puts you the first available seat be it driver/pilot or gunner.

If you climb into a boat you can end up as passenger. I believe if you climb on top a tank you can go straight to gunner.
  • Switchblade00007
    (Quote)

Spawn into always puts you the first available seat be it driver/pilot or gunner.

If you climb into a boat you can end up as passenger. I believe if you climb on top a tank you can go straight to gunner.
    Spawn into isn't the problem, its when you come up to an empty jeep (no guns on it), you have to look to see which side the steering wheel is on, then go to that side and enter it. Makes no sense that you have to waste time doing so if its that type of jeep. So on console, you have to then jump from the passenger seat to the back left seat, then jump to the back right seat, then to the driver seat to drive it. Include all the animations in doing that is stupid since its a standard jeep. 

Not a huge issue considering all the others, just an annoyance when in the start of the game, you have 3 people who jumped into one thinking someone would had been the driver, instead, all 3 are passengers to a driverless jeep (yes that happened to me) lol
  • DingoKillr
    3927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Spawn into isn't the problem, its when you come up to an empty jeep (no guns on it), you have to look to see which side the steering wheel is on, then go to that side and enter it. Makes no sense that you have to waste time doing so if its that type of jeep. So on console, you have to then jump from the passenger seat to the back left seat, then jump to the back right seat, then to the driver seat to drive it. Include all the animations in doing that is stupid since its a standard jeep. 

Not a huge issue considering all the others, just an annoyance when in the start of the game, you have 3 people who jumped into one thinking someone would had been the driver, instead, all 3 are passengers to a driverless jeep (yes that happened to me) lol

I understand that. But others have complain in the past BF they could not just go straight to the gun.