Hot sexy tips for landing craft that people really should think about

Elephante33
328 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So im making this (very) short list of tips for landing craft because I consistently see people do odd things on landing craft and then complain that the attackers have it so tough:

1. You can crouch while in the landing craft so your face doesnt get shot off

2. if you wait for the bording ramp to drop when the craft hits the shore, you dont have that lengthy dismounting animation and your face wont get shot off
Not to mention, you have this nice landing craft walls keeping your flanks safe

3. You are a inside a rather nimble boat with only one function, take your time to go around so your passangers dont get their faces shot off

4. As a passanger vehicule, you can stay inside it, defend it with the MGs, and your entire team can spawn on you, this will help you not get your face shot off by overhelming amounts of defenders

I think that just about covers it, if anyone else has some ideas by all means, because deep down, the landing craft is pretty good in logical hands, 10/10 would keep my face from being shot off again

Comments

• CT1924
    933 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So im making this (very) short list of tips for landing craft because I consistently see people do odd things on landing craft and then complain that the attackers have it so tough:

2. if you wait for the bording ramp to drop when the craft hits the shore, you dont have that lengthy dismounting animation and your face wont get shot off

3. You are a inside a rather nimble boat with only one function, take your time to go around so your passangers dont get their faces shot off

4. As a passanger vehicule, you can stay inside it, defend it with the MGs, and your entire team can spawn on you, this will help you not get your face shot off by overhelming amounts of defenders

I think that just about covers it, if anyone else has some ideas by all means, because deep down, the landing craft is pretty good in logical hands, 10/10 would keep my face from being shot off again

Also, wait for the driver to drop the craft, then jump over the rail and land in it, without hitting enter. If it blows up, your face might not die. Also, you can run off the ramp faster, so, you know, you are less likely to get your face shot off.
  • Elephante33
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:

Also, wait for the driver to drop the craft, then jump over the rail and land in it, without hitting enter. If it blows up, your face might not die. Also, you can run off the ramp faster, so, you know, you are less likely to get your face shot off.

Huh I never thought of that, i guess that means you can carry even more people on board then
  • BeastofBourbon84
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you see a zero in the sky prepare to get your face shot off :(
  • ForbidRhyme
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Always enjoy PSAs. Thanks for helping me not get my face shot off :)
  • MintySSD
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hot sexy tips ? Are Dice going to bring out camouflage bikini DLC
  • JoeTwoShots
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People severly underestimate role of landing craft. It is, practically free spawn anywhere on the map. It hurts me, its so underused. Just like motorboats on Wake Island...
  • OskooI_007
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    In BF1942 the boat captain could manually lower the ramp. Sucks we can't do this in BFV.

It would be easy to implement. Just make the button for honking the horn lower the ramp. Honk again to raise it. :smiley:
  • FatherDed
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a shame drivers don't get more points for sticking with the boat/half tracks because it's such an incredibly useful contribution to the team that will often turn the tide of a battle.

As for tips, throw a ammo crate into one. Anyone that spawns will be resupplied instantly.
    They can't be repaired by the driver like other vehicles but can be repaired by a passenger with a torch. Vital for keeping it alive while under fire.
    I played Outpost for the first time last night and its even more useful in that mode. If you go to spawn and find the rest of your squad is dead too (often the case), you're forced to spawn back at you base unless there's a vehicle somewhere you can spawn into. In breakthrough on Pacific Storm, its also a great way to get a foothold on the first island and provide your side with a constant stream of troops to try and take that first flag.

The business of having to regularly spawn back at base when the action is way over the other side of the map is the one downside to outpost mode.
  • TheMossChoppers
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never knew this....definitely gonna implement this into my gameplay,  many thanks 
  • Hawxxeye
    6864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can "eat" enemies who get inside the landship if you are  a driver.

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most of this counts for other transports, too, like regular boats, jeeps and halftracks. Especially in modes/maps where distances are long or spawns are limited (like Outpost). Especially the halftracks are also pretty sturdy, as they take three hits and they are also the most unassuming vehicles on the field.
  • FatherDed
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Most of this counts for other transports, too, like regular boats, jeeps and halftracks. Especially in modes/maps where distances are long or spawns are limited (like Outpost). Especially the halftracks are also pretty sturdy, as they take three hits and they are also the most unassuming vehicles on the field.
    From my limited experience of Outpost so far, that seems to be a good design decision they've made to mitigate against long travel distances - there seem to be plenty of half-tracks around. Of course, it's dependent on people using them. But the couple of rounds I played, it seemed people were making use of them.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    VincentNZ said:
    From my limited experience of Outpost so far, that seems to be a good design decision they've made to mitigate against long travel distances - there seem to be plenty of half-tracks around. Of course, it's dependent on people using them. But the couple of rounds I played, it seemed people were making use of them.

Well, naturally as spawns are limited to beacons and squadmates only, as well as transports. You do spawn at base after a squad wipe and with some luck there will be a transport to get you the 200m. I think this is not a good design choice, as there is no guarantee of a transport and also a ditched transport or used by the enemy will greatly reduce the team's effectiveness through limiting their mobility.
    On Outpost (and all maps really, especially with limited vehicle counts) halftracks are the hot manure.
  • FatherDed
    VincentNZ said:
    FatherDed said:
    VincentNZ said:

Well, naturally as spawns are limited to beacons and squadmates only, as well as transports. You do spawn at base after a squad wipe and with some luck there will be a transport to get you the 200m. I think this is not a good design choice, as there is no guarantee of a transport and also a ditched transport or used by the enemy will greatly reduce the team's effectiveness through limiting their mobility.
    On Outpost (and all maps really, especially with limited vehicle counts) halftracks are the hot manure.
    What I meant was that when spawning in the case of a squad wipe, often times there'll be a half-track or jeep already in place somewhere close to the action for you to spawn into.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    FatherDed said:
    VincentNZ said:

I kind of prefer it that way. Yes sometimes you have to run for 15-20 seconds to reach the furthest outposts but then again there should be more negatives to squad wipes etc. but then i would also prefer squad leader only spawns in general. It's sometimes good to have a slight lull in a battle
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• Imadis64
    103 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried on trick the other day as we were capturing the first 2 flags on Wake; push any beached landing craft back into the water with a tank!!! No one used it but I felt productive doing it anyway. They got their faces shot off charging into battle. 

OBTW, these landing craft were called Higgins Boats. I believe the manufacturer (Higgins) was located in Louisiana if memory serves me. It was called the 'boat that won the war'. 

• CT1924
    933 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imadis64 wrote: »
    I tried on trick the other day as we were capturing the first 2 flags on Wake; push any beached landing craft back into the water with a tank!!! No one used it but I felt productive doing it anyway. They got their faces shot off charging into battle. 

OBTW, these landing craft were called Higgins Boats. I believe the manufacturer (Higgins) was located in Louisiana if memory serves me. It was called the 'boat that won the war'. 

Neat fact. Also, bailing was strongly advised against.
  • FatherDed
    Imadis64 said:

I had always assumed those things were made out of steel but I read somewhere a while back that they were normally made out of plywood! I was astonished.