Maintenance tomorrow?

Ronin9572
992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I wonder what that's about? Something happening after all this time their going to fix? Hopefully Operations Campaign rotation and the exchange will be coming back. But I welcome any fixes to the game, just hope it don't intro a whole new slew of bugs!

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That was most unexpected, I did not know they still looked into BF1, also I got some 13 battlepacks with that memo.
  • Ronin9572
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Maybe they will destroy gunplay in BF1, too after they have now finished ruining BFV.

Yeah that's what I worry about. Don't want the same ppl who messed up BFV to come to BF1 and mess it up!
  • PackersDK
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m I the only one getting Battlepacks like mad? There was 7 new ones when I got on BF1 today. Played a few rounds without getting any, then suddenly I got 12 in one go. 

They don’t have to fix that for my sake. I’m fine with it!

• Ronin9572
    PackersDK wrote: »
    I’m I the only one getting Battlepacks like mad? There was 7 new ones when I got on BF1 today. Played a few rounds without getting any, then suddenly I got 12 in one go. 

They don’t have to fix that for my sake. I’m fine with it!

That happened before but was when ppl were playing Operations campaign and it wasn't counting towards your score but ppl were getting tons of battlepacks.
  • disposalist
    8736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It said it was backend maintenance, so probably just downgrading the servers to save themselves money....
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It said it was backend maintenance, so probably just downgrading the servers to save themselves money....

Wait, what, it can actually get worse?!
  • Ronin9572

That's what I'm worried about!
  • Anyuci82
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they will provide a list of fixes. But I dont expect anything big, because it is not a client side maintenance. SO the bugs we still have in the game, will live forever apparently. The biggest bug what irritates me is the admin menu. That the kick/ban/switch menu is still not visible. I am renting a very popular server since a year and I still have to click blindly on the none existent menu elements. I have to disconnect from my server if I want to check out some suspects in spectator mode and so on. It is a joke, that such bugs were left alone in the game and on the other hand, I pay 140 Euro for 6 months renting period... At least the server owner could have received the option to switch back and fort between spectator and playing slots... Now i have to loos my progress every time, if I want to kick/ban a cheater....
  • von_Campenstein
    Tried playing today and movement was unbelievably bad, like I was stirring a ladel to turn around, might as well have been on a controller with that kind of precision...
  • RossP317
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried playing today and movement was unbelievably bad, like I was stirring a ladel to turn around, might as well have been on a controller with that kind of precision...

Afraid you are correct. Tried a couple of different servers tonight and it's a stuttering mess. At first I thought my game was full of high pingers but that wasn't the case.
  • von_Campenstein
    RossP317 said:

Afraid you are correct. Tried a couple of different servers tonight and it's a stuttering mess. At first I thought my game was full of high pingers but that wasn't the case.

It's going to be a rough final weeks to reach the goals before chucking this piece of trash.
  • Ronin9572
    Oh great they broke it worse than it was before!
  • EdwinSpangler
    1819 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Too bad.. Still buttery smooth for me.
  • -Antares65z
    1684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rarely have I ever experienced any of the tech issues that players have complained about with this game over the past few years. I think most of the issues are on their end and they just don't realize it. 
  • von_Campenstein
    Rarely have I ever experienced any of the tech issues that players have complained about with this game over the past few years. I think most of the issues are on their end and they just don't realize it. 

I've only ever upgraded my gear and services yet the game that ran well before runs worse than it did on lesser hardware and a lesser line, graphics settings are all rockbottom, I have no clue how to get more basic than this to get the performance back from the same game I once had, it's not like the game has been upgraded in any way.
  • MJK774
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m getting heaps of Battlepacks sent to me but the scores are not counting for anything on the game. They haven’t been for over 24 hours now. I play Operations and it’s getting frustrating now. Anyone else having the same issues?
  • EdwinSpangler
    1819 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

the game that ran well before 
    Youve contradicted yourself once again. You swear up and down (in other threads) that the game runs like garbage and always has, that all performance issues you experience are the games fault due to poor optimization but here you are saying at one point it ran "well". You even pinpoint the very moment you had started noticing problems. This should tell you its not the game. Im a bit apprehensive to help you. Im sure you can guess why but heres a couple things you might check.

Gamebar presence writer needs to be deactivated
    Windows update, update orchestrator, gamebar, xbox crap, origin web helper, punkbuster B (if its running), steam, anything chrome all need to be stopped/turned off.

Delete/deactivate geforce.

Theres quite a few more things but I cannot remember off hand. Ill add any I think of.

I hope my leaving out of apostrophes dont hinder your ability to read my reply. 
  • von_Campenstein

Youve contradicted yourself once again. You swear up and down (in other threads) that the game runs like garbage and always has, that all performance issues you experience are the games fault due to poor optimization but here you are saying at one point it ran "well". You even pinpoint the very moment you had started noticing problems. This should tell you its not the game. Im a bit apprehensive to help you. Im sure you can guess why but heres a couple things you might check.

Windows update, update orchestrator, gamebar, xbox crap, origin web helper, punkbuster B (if its running), steam, anything chrome all need to be stopped/turned off.

Theres quite a few more things but I cannot remember off hand. Ill add any I think of.

Maybe it's just your reading comprehension that's faulty, where did I contradict myself once again? The game ran well by comparison prior to the TTK fail, gradually worse ever since, you're a flat out liar putting words on me I've never said, read the name ffs, would I bother to state this if I didn't hold it for a truth? I've turned off everything else like I used to do even before, it's not like I've not had stutter before, even when the game ran well and I adjusted and fixed this to the best of my ability by tweaking my settings, none of that seems to do anything at this stage, which leads me to believe it is not me. My prefered playstyle is very stutter sensitive and stutter tend to intensify the closer to the action I get, garbage collection I recall the Rev calling it.

The upside then, the constant stutter is immersive, it perfectly simulates running on a massive adrenaline surge, the downside is trying to kill someone on said surge.
  • EdwinSpangler
    edited January 17

Maybe it's just your reading comprehension that's faulty, where did I contradict myself once again? The game ran well by comparison prior to the TTK fail, gradually worse ever since, you're a flat out liar putting words on me I've never said, read the name ffs, would I bother to state this if I didn't hold it for a truth? I've turned off everything else like I used to do even before, it's not like I've not had stutter before, even when the game ran well and I adjusted and fixed this to the best of my ability by tweaking my settings, none of that seems to do anything at this stage, which leads me to believe it is not me. My prefered playstyle is very stutter sensitive and stutter tend to intensify the closer to the action I get, garbage collection I recall the Rev calling it.

The upside then, the constant stutter is immersive, it perfectly simulates running on a massive adrenaline surge, the downside is trying to kill someone on said surge.
    So now the turning point (when performance went downhill for you) was the implementation of the TTK patch and not your upgrading of hardware as you previously said?

Edit: I guess I could be wrong about you saying the game has always ran bad but thats a small part of the issue. Youre still not proving anything if im wrong about that. If I am wrong, im mistaken NOT lying pal.