Help with random stuttering

danbottomburp
70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So i thought for a laugh i would load up Bf5, haven't played it in a long long time, i have mainly been playing Bf1 which runs flawlessly and buttery smooth, i was wondering if there were any settings i could try changing to get a better performance?
I have a i7 7700k and GTX 1080 with 16GB of Ram, i don't get any problems with any other games but bF5 stutters worse than Donald Trump

Running Nvidia 441.87 drivers 

any suggestions besides uninstall haha

Comments

• Celsi_GER
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Yes, try the freeware tool "Intelligent Standby List Cleaner", it solved exactly these problems permanently for me.
    Put it into Autostart, it does not disturb normal PC operation even if you do not play at the moment.
    Post edited by Celsi_GER on
  • SirBobdk
    4683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Yes, try the freeware tool "Intelligent Standby List Cleaner", it solved exactly these problems permanent for me.
    Put it in Autostart, it does not disturb normal PC operation even if you do not play at the moment.
    Agree.
  • danbottomburp
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Celsi_GER said:
    Yes, try the freeware tool "Intelligent Standby List Cleaner", it solved exactly these problems permanently for me.
    Put it into Autostart, it does not disturb normal PC operation even if you do not play at the moment.
    Will give that a try and report back, thanks for the reply 

Are there any settings i should be changing  ?  i see the autostart entry so will have that ticked

• Celsi_GER
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    You're welcome.
    It works pretty well with default settings.
  • Viventis
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe that there are a whole bunch of things that can cause stuttering.  One variable is your equipment ( CPU, video card and memory). I tried almost every combination of options in the game and with the Radeon software drivers.  It also depends upon the map you are on and the number of players.  I found that DX-12 gave me higher top frame rates but were not smooth.  FF Rendering On was a little better. I upgraded my CPU, video card and memory.  DX-11 with FF Off seems the best combination for me. No stuttering. 

• CSO7777
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Viventis said:
    I believe that there are a whole bunch of things that can cause stuttering.  One variable is your equipment ( CPU, video card and memory). I tried almost every combination of options in the game and with the Radeon software drivers.  It also depends upon the map you are on and the number of players.  I found that DX-12 gave me higher top frame rates but were not smooth.  FF Rendering On was a little better. I upgraded my CPU, video card and memory.  DX-11 with FF Off seems the best combination for me. No stuttering. 

No matter what you do the game will have some stuttering issues. The assignment system/TOW is still giving stutters. Also people have begun talking about FF taking screenshots which apparently also gives stutters. DX12 gives stutters when building the shader-cache (first time playing on each map), but then becomes stable after that.

But ISLC is a common fix for a lot of players, even the "youtubers" have talked about this issue (which is not only BFV but also other games as well - Apex Legends, Tomb Raider etc). This happens because Microsoft changed something with the memory manager after Windows 10 build 1607. I would try it first because this cannot be fixed by anything else (only other tools like ISLC) and is a very easy fix.
  • SystemicProgress
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game has issues that cause stutter. It has a lot to do with net-code. The more optimized your pc is, the less noticeable it will be. I don't think it is possible to completely eliminate it. There is one setting in NVCP called latency. Setting this to ultra could make a difference.