Unable to Respawn, Death Screen (No UI)

PuckersMcColon
114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Not sure if this has been discussed on any other threads related to this issue, but here are my observations from the following issue.  When you are killed and the timer runs out only for you to be stuck staring at your death screen.

When this happens, it's usually after someone has built a fortification on my corpse before the respawn timer has finished.  The only way to get released from this state is for the entire squad to wipe.  You must get the squad wipe screen.  Once that happens, you should be released and allowed to respawn.  This has worked for my squad mates and myself 100% of the time.  I hope this information helps someone.

Comments

• Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if this has been discussed on any other threads related to this issue, but here are my observations from the following issue.  When you are killed and the timer runs out only for you to be stuck staring at your death screen.
    When this happens, it's usually after someone has built a fortification on my corpse before the respawn timer has finished.  The only way to get released from this state is for the entire squad to wipe.  You must get the squad wipe screen.  Once that happens, you should be released and allowed to respawn.  This has worked for my squad mates and myself 100% of the time.  I hope this information helps someone.

Great advice. This worked for me, too. Such a strange bug.

• sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting now is to find the most efficient way to get your entire squad wiped.
    Always something new to try out :-)
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun wrote: »
    Interesting now is to find the most efficient way to get your entire squad wiped.
    Always something new to try out :-)

I tell them to come revive me, and the area is completely clear of enemies. I promise!

• ISRAEL_DEFENDER
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Probably the most useful piece of information I read on this forum, thanks man!
  • Mishkin37
    This didn’t work tonight for my squad. Although we all were dead at the same time (multiple times), we couldn’t get the squad wipe screen, and my squad mate was stuck in limbo.

What did we do wrong?
  • PuckersMcColon
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    This didn’t work tonight for my squad. Although we all were dead at the same time (multiple times), we couldn’t get the squad wipe screen, and my squad mate was stuck in limbo.

What did we do wrong?

Had this happen once when a player kept confusing just being down to being completely dead. If a player is still revivable, they won't trigger the wipe. Outside of that I have not run into any other issues.
  • Brochacho2
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This happened to me at the large hanger front door on Aerodrome. I was shot and fell awkwardly into built sandbags. The revive timer expired and nothing happened. Couldn’t move, couldn’t see anything but the sandbag wall in my face. My squad showed me to be dead. I stayed that way until I eventually quit game and rejoined on my squad. This has happened before and the squad wipe screen fixed it. Not this time though.
  • Dark_Insanity999
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I suppose DICE could fix the bug. It's been around for ages now. Asking too much I think
  • Mishkin37
    Brochacho2 wrote: »
    This happened to me at the large hanger front door on Aerodrome. I was shot and fell awkwardly into built sandbags. The revive timer expired and nothing happened. Couldn’t move, couldn’t see anything but the sandbag wall in my face. My squad showed me to be dead. I stayed that way until I eventually quit game and rejoined on my squad. This has happened before and the squad wipe screen fixed it. Not this time though.

That’s EXACTLY what happened to my squad! :D

• Hawkhill_no
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I suppose DICE could fix the bug. It's been around for ages now. Asking too much I think
    Yup it's back again. Wouldn't be too much to ask that they had this fixed already. Who copied the old problem over on the summer update - fire his/her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If they don't have the resources to fixes it then the simplest work around would be to simply allow people to use the redeploy function from the downed state.
  • Hawkhill_no
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yup it's back again. Wouldn't be too much to ask that they had this fixed already. Who copied the old problem over on the summer update - fire his/her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.And

And again.. only thing close was enemy sniper with spawn box Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!