This Week in Battlefield V - January 21, 2020 Edition

Braddock512
1526 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited January 23
We're almost done with Chapter 5 - and we've got Chapter 6 on the horizon. Let's see what's happening this week. 

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

• This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!

• Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week - Hot new OIB moments coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

• Art of Battlefield V Giveaway - We'll drop 10 Art of Battlefield V Limited Edition packages to random folks. Submissions start today, January 22 and end January 26, 2020. Winners wil be randomly selected and contacted on Monday, January 27, 2020. Failure to respond to the email within 24 hours will result in forfeiture of prize and another winner will be chosen. Good luck. ENTER HERE.

Thursday, January 23, 2020

• Extreme Weather Playlist will shift to Extreme Weather Breakthrough, aka "Cats & Dogs"
    • Fjell, Pacific Storm, Narvik, Aerodrome, Devastation, Hamada is the rotation, with each map being played twice so both sides get an opportunity to attack/defend.
  • The Pacific War Playlist will remain throughout Chapter 6.

Friday, January 24, 2020

• Battlefield V War in the Pacific Nvidia Cinematic Contest Judging Ends - finalists and winners will be contacted via email and we'll post the winners next week. 

• Battlefield V Quality of Life Trello Board Update - Will be updated on Fridays. 

• Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Notes & Addendums

• We've gotten the first draft of update notes for the upcoming update - and once we get a locked date, we'll share more info on what's coming with the Update and Chapter 6. 
  • Team is also finalizing a video to highlight what Chapter 6 is about. 
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Derek_SCOBF
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dam. I missed the cinematic content. Hopefully there will be another
  • jroggs
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dam. I missed the cinematic content. Hopefully there will be another
    Don't see it mentioned on last week's TWIB post. They probably only bothered mentioning it to Reddit.
  • jroggs
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    The contest was posted back in December on both Reddit and the Forums. 
    Here's the Forum link: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/197987/battlefield-v-war-in-the-pacific-nvidia-geforce-cinematic-contest

Was also called out on last week's Weekly Debrief : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/199191/battlefield-v-weekly-debrief-january-17-2020
    (Quote)
    Submissions were open for 3 full weeks. It was also called out in a couple of TWIB and Weekly Debrief posts. 
    The judging of the entries is taking a couple weeks because the max length of video is 5 minutes. So (doing some math), if there's 100 valid submissions (there's not) all at max length (they're not), that's 500 minutes of video we have to watch, rate, and then pull finalists. 500 minutes = almost 9 hours.  

Btw - I make the same posts on the Forums that I make on Reddit. 

-Braddock512
    My bad, then.
  • kwn92
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    any news about fixing the gunplay?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 Could you, in future, say that stuff released by you will mean that it releases at Pacific Standard Time, as for more than half of the world TWIB released on a Wednesday, not Tuesday. I think this would be helpful in the future, as the only CM communicating offically right now is also the only guy based on the Pacific and therefore has office hours at least 10 hours different from the rest of the team.
  • GrumpyGrandPaaa
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why is there not any comment about cheating ? Huge problem no anticheat is running what so ever ? what about high ping players ? over and over again we all repport cheaters and higpingers taking advantage of EU servers -> No solutions -> Balance problems -> No solutions -> Cheating problems -> No solutions i mean jeezes guys -> The biggest game providor in the world ? and still no solutions for these huge problems ??? When r u guys gone act properly ????
  • fragnstein
    751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Coming soon to a theater near you
    TANK BODY CUSTOMIZATION,  in theaters Christmas 2021 (maybe)
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    God I hope you guys revert TTK back to 5.0
    It just doesn’t feel like a serious shooter right now.

Same, I don't know why they don't change back to 5.0 values and remove the spotting. I have no idea why DICE are taking so long to communicate what's going on.

I have pretty much stopped playing now, the fun is gone

The fun was never there, there is too much broken in the core (game/server performance, visibility, anti-cheat, unbalance, etc, etc) of the game: frustration about those things have taken the fun away since day 1.
  • SS142
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This week in Battlefield V is really a waste of time, posted Wednesday 22/01/2020 but really no info, just a space filler. One would have thought it would be posted at the start of the week not the 2nd or 3rd day depending on time zone. Come on Part Welsh and Bradock512 you can lift your game.

What happened to the video interviews with the Dev's or the BF weekly live ??

Really the community managers have just run out of idea's how to keep the community engaged.

Even this forum will only show 1 user logged on at one time, how broken is that ? Never mentioned or fixed.

Get you act together guys, I'm a fan of you both but this is unacceptable.

Regards

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I9sixty2
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Indeed...When you read Braddocks post its looks like he lost alle hope that the developers get their things together...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • CT1924
    1155 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Coming soon to a theater near you
    TANK BODY CUSTOMIZATION,  in theaters Christmas 2021 (maybe)

Lol you still think it's coming?
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     It's not the community managers fault if the higher ups are not feeding any info to give to us. It's not been handled well by DICE they have brought a'lot of the problems upon themselves. I worry more for the next BF and just hope they learn from this debacle and regain some trust.
  • Celsi_GER
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    God I hope you guys revert TTK back to 5.0
    It just doesn’t feel like a serious shooter right now.

So true, mate. It's Supermario with nerf-guns now.